It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost every one of my recent dreams set after 'cataclysm'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Almost every night I dream about it, the world as we all know it has come to an end. Sometimes the sky is pitch dark & the clouds are a deep, charcoal black colour, sometimes the earth is shaking every few minutes, sometimes it's simply the case that all but a few humans have vanished. In that one, the earth remains intact, but only a mere handful of humans are left.

Last night I had a particularly nasty one, where the earth was shaking all the time and something was causing the few people I was looking after to have seizures & die. It ended with me locked outside a glass room under a house we were staying in, and 2 people were inside the glass room, I had to stand there & watch them die, slowly and in agony. I have no idea what killed them, but outside the world was pretty much over.

The weird thing is in these dreams, I'm always charged with looking after and leading the survivors, even though in my real life my social skill suck, and hell, NOBODY listens to a thing I say.

Another one was where me and some people were sat around a fire in a derlict city, roasting ducks on a spit and talking about how free we were now, lol.

Another is where aliens had come to Earth, although I remember hardly any of this.

I do wish I could stop dreaming about this crap though, seeing dead people and dying people every night does get a bit icky after a bit.

Although one year is always very clear in these dreams, and that is 2012....

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Chez

About 2 years ago I had an after-the-cataclysm-type dream. At first I thought maybe I had been spending too much time at ATS. Not the case I had been working around the clock. I hadn't been online at all.

It was a very vivid dream. I remember the faces of the people very well. They all appeared to be refugees with boxes of worldly goods huddled together in a makeshift encampment.

I don't know what to make of these kinds of dreams. Maybe they could be chalked up to stress. Idk my dream didn't make me feel as scared or stressed as I should have been. It seemed to be more about the details. I would say look beyond the devastation to see what the dream might really be trying to tell you.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Hi there.

Ive been having a few random/crazy dreams lately too. Although... Nothing too crazy like a end of the world type.

What ive noticed though, is sometimes, some of them are conected to what ive done in the day, such as-

~ Watched a certain movie.
~ Who I spent the day with.
~ What Ive talked to people about in the day.
~ If im drunk.
E.t.c.

I can usual relate something that ive done and it would almost be in a dream ive had that night.

Maybe you constantly worry about the 'End Of The World' scenario, or 2012 and other related subject matter.
Even thinking about the dreams may make you have similar ones again the next night.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It would appear that perhaps some of you guys are reading too much doom & gloom propaganda on the internet. Take a break and the dreams will go away.

IRM

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've been having similar dreams too. The one that stands out I think I've mentioned before on here, it was set all over the world, a devastated world, with "something" always chasing, always getting closer. In the dream I never saw what the something was, but the feeling I had was an approaching blackness.

The really strange thing about the dream was that I was one of a small group of people who had recently developed an ability to teleport myself and anyone I was in contact with. The plot of the dream was my journey from city to city, and each time I arrived in a place a group of people would see me, and huddle together into a circle. I would then complete the circle, and teleport the entire group to safety. It was extremely vivid, and I was able to see the entire process several times, and I felt what it was like for "here" to rush away, and then there was a bump, then a new here rushed in around us.

I am in reality one of a small group of people. I'm autistic, very high functioning. There are many people who speculate about the true nature of autism, and much of the visible signs and problems associated with autism are the result of an overwhelming frustration and friction, which sometimes can feel like an external force.

There are many, many theories about our society. Many believe that we as a species have been made to fall asleep, to forget who we truely are, and that that has been achieved through electronic means, a blanket of frequencies that keep us asleep. My own personal theory is that the recent upsurge of mobile phone masts, wi fi points, are all designed to add to that blanket, as more and more people have begun to wake up, the field has needed to be strengthened.

If we are about to enter a new solar maximum, with NASA warning of global power outages, how would this affect this hypothetical blanket? With all this talk of an impending awakening, could a global loss of power cause a spontaneous awakening around the world, as the power supplying this radio muffler gets knocked out?

I've said this before as well. We do not understand what dreams are, where they come from, or what their purpose is. All we really know is that we have them, and we generally don't retain our memories of them. I read a theory from some theoretical physicists that the possibility existed of certain events being so immense that they ripple both forward and backwards in time, and it was postulated that this may be the cause of repeated failures in the LHC. If this theory is true, could this upsurge of post apocalypic dreams (and I've heard a lot of people who say they've been havingthem) be caused by an event that's coming up, rippling back through time, and being interpreted and visualised in our dreams? The Bible does say that in the end times, old men would dream dreams and young men would have visions. I don't know what the Bible is, whether it's a trustworthy source that's been hijacked by religion, or a work of fiction designed to give credence to plans laid out by what has to be the most enduring empire of all, whose dominion over this world has been present throughout this entire age?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrvy
I've been having similar dreams too. The one that stands out I think I've mentioned before on here, it was set all over the world, a devastated world, with "something" always chasing, always getting closer. In the dream I never saw what the something was, but the feeling I had was an approaching blackness.

The really strange thing about the dream was that I was one of a small group of people who had recently developed an ability to teleport myself and anyone I was in contact with. The plot of the dream was my journey from city to city, and each time I arrived in a place a group of people would see me, and huddle together into a circle. I would then complete the circle, and teleport the entire group to safety. It was extremely vivid, and I was able to see the entire process several times, and I felt what it was like for "here" to rush away, and then there was a bump, then a new here rushed in around us.

I am in reality one of a small group of people. I'm autistic, very high functioning. There are many people who speculate about the true nature of autism, and much of the visible signs and problems associated with autism are the result of an overwhelming frustration and friction, which sometimes can feel like an external force.

There are many, many theories about our society. Many believe that we as a species have been made to fall asleep, to forget who we truely are, and that that has been achieved through electronic means, a blanket of frequencies that keep us asleep. My own personal theory is that the recent upsurge of mobile phone masts, wi fi points, are all designed to add to that blanket, as more and more people have begun to wake up, the field has needed to be strengthened.

If we are about to enter a new solar maximum, with NASA warning of global power outages, how would this affect this hypothetical blanket? With all this talk of an impending awakening, could a global loss of power cause a spontaneous awakening around the world, as the power supplying this radio muffler gets knocked out?

I've said this before as well. We do not understand what dreams are, where they come from, or what their purpose is. All we really know is that we have them, and we generally don't retain our memories of them. I read a theory from some theoretical physicists that the possibility existed of certain events being so immense that they ripple both forward and backwards in time, and it was postulated that this may be the cause of repeated failures in the LHC. If this theory is true, could this upsurge of post apocalypic dreams (and I've heard a lot of people who say they've been havingthem) be caused by an event that's coming up, rippling back through time, and being interpreted and visualised in our dreams? The Bible does say that in the end times, old men would dream dreams and young men would have visions. I don't know what the Bible is, whether it's a trustworthy source that's been hijacked by religion, or a work of fiction designed to give credence to plans laid out by what has to be the most enduring empire of all, whose dominion over this world has been present throughout this entire age?

Hi TheIrvy. This is a very interesting interpretation of what could possibly occur. You might want to think about creating a new thread and share this with the ATSers that may not see this in this thread.

CU

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Use Valium.
You really need help relaxing abit if all you do is dream of bad.
Maybe stop reading of the doom and gloom and live for a change.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This ones pretty easy guys. Having EOTW dreams means that YOUR world is coming to an end. It means that you're "waking up" as others have put it time and time again. It means that your old ways of thinking, your old belief systems have come into question, and a part of you realizes you can no longer go on in this way while remaining true to yourself. Find out what's bothering you about your life and end it. Change careers, drop school, start school, end the relationship, find a relationship .. whatever is on your mind needs to come to a conclusion so that you can make room to create your new world order

It's not the end of the world, it's the end of what you think you know.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I dream of my world, with different rules, natural laws, scenery etc. Or I dream of PAW, but being very relaxed, just play by the new rules.. etc

And then I wake up..
SPelling edit and stuff

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Dumbass]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrvy

I've often thought simlar things. I'm diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, also pretty high functioning. Geeky with stuff like computers & gadgets, socialy inept & proud! lol, I don't really want to be social with most people anyway, I find a lot of them sheep-like and boring. That's another reason I love ATS, it's full of open minded people, people who can argue without insults. Bright people such as yourself.

I was just thinking the other day, what if all the latest wireless tech like cellphones, wireless internet, wireless EVERYTHING, is somehow connected to keeping people spiritualy unconcious. Maybe this 'event' in 2012 is a worldwide power outage that leads to this signal being stopped, and the human mind 'waking up' to it's true potential. Psychic abilities suddenly start becoming the norm as people's minds open and we rise to a new level of awareness, as one.

If a New World Order exists, then this would be a very scary time for them, as they try to suppress our spiritual evolution. Something which simply would NOT allow them to gain power over us globally.

I do belive in psychics, but I approach it with carefull skepticism as well. I also believe that a mass awakening is possible, maybe an alien race will come to Earth to help us to wake up and realise our evolution has really only just begun?

Along with this mass awakening would come telekenesis, telepathy, an ability to commune freely with the dead, and with beings hundreds of lightyears away with simply the power of the human brain.

They say we only use a very small percentage of our brains, so perhaps this awakening would be more like an unlocking, our brains suddenly start working at full power.

Wow, the possibilities...

top topics

join