It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clever Assange ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Clever Assange . Having recently announced he is going to let Wikileaks expire and die a naural death we have new stories comming out .Stories relating to Assange's military informant Manning . These stories relate to how Manning was able to download sensitive material right under the noses of his superiors under the guise of burning Lady Gaga material onto discs and even sending them off base with Lady GaGa printed on them . I think by creating this info be it true or misleading I think Assange has done something so simple , so subtle it borders on genius .If you stop to think about it Lady GaGa is the most sort after search on the net ( hard to believe isn't it ? should be called Lady Garbage but I digress ).The point being having her name attatched to story this information can go viral faster than anything Wikileaks could have ever achieved . Can anyone else see what I'm getting at ? Sadly the people that search for lady Gaga isn't exactly a target audiance that is going to change the world .Still he will gain a lot of highlights from attatching the two . Smart ! At some point media researchers will stumble across this material a dig deeper . With Wikileaks going there may even be encryptions .

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I "think" I see what you are getting at and if so- I think the idea is a bit silly.

Are you saying that Assange, before knowing the identity of Manning, somehow used Manning's love for GaGa to make this story more accessible to popular web habits of the common "teenager"?

No...I do not think Assange was clever in using Gaga's name just to promote his website (or this story) more.

He would have had to know Manning before he even whistleblew...

What I DO think, and have thought from the very first day I learned of Julian and his Wikileaks, is that Assange is a paid cog in the very machine I despise.

I find it much more convincing -and probable- that Assange is working for the US government (and other governments) to locate leaks in their security.

In fact, I think this will be common knowledge soon.

Until then, I will continue to watch grown people assuming an international man-o-mystery can outwit and evade the American CIA/FBI/Military with nothing more then a backpack, a laptop and a passport.

Keep sending your documents to Wikileaks...have fun with that.

Alls I see is an agenda to monopolize the "whistle-blower's realm" and capitalize on it.

Screw his old site...and screw his new one.

The human race doesn't need Assange or his rinky-dink trap "Wikileaks" to blow lids off of scandals and conspiracies.

We have millions of avenues of communication that can go "live" in the time it takes electricity to travel through wires.

Wikileaks is a joke.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I "think" I see what you are getting at and if so- I think the idea is a bit silly.

Are you saying that Assange, before knowing the identity of Manning, somehow used Manning's love for GaGa to make this story more accessible to popular web habits of the common "teenager"?

No...I do not think Assange was clever in using Gaga's name just to promote his website (or this story) more.

He would have had to know Manning before he even whistleblew...

No I'm not saying what you are implying at all .I am not saying anything of the sort . These stories of Manning and Lady GaGa have only surfaced since Assange finished his dealings with Manning and Manning was incarcerated .These stories are not more than two weeks old .Manning isn't exactly giving interveiws from a millitary prison is he ? These stories a recent creations .I am simply saying having the Lady GaGa tag will give this story a lot of traffic . That's logical .You are implying that I am putting the horse before the cart , not at all if you can understand the chronological order I just placed them in . If you don't like Assange that is your right .Even I sit on the fence with this guy so please don't put words in my mouth or imply that I worship him .

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I also don't agree with the 'Gaga' connection...

However, I do think Assange is smart letting Wikileaks hit the dirt.

IMO, he is moving his Base of Op. to Iceland, a much safer site than Australia or wherever.

Iceland is fed up with NWO bull sh!t.

Assange did not have anything to do with Manning's Gaga subversive tactic.

That doesn't mean he isn't clever...

What is your reason for thinking Assange is part of the problem, Mr. Mask?

edit to add:

The human race doesn't need Assange or his rinky-dink trap "Wikileaks" to blow lids off of scandals and conspiracies.

I agree we don't NEED him... but his help can't hurt. We need everyone we can get - especially clever hackers(unlike Adrian 'Lame'o)

[edit on 11-7-2010 by beebs]

new topics

top topics

join