It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ATS Members Losing The Ability To think For Themselves ?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
hmmm.... this usually happens when we start adding things like Below Top Secret, although I like it. When you usually start accomidating the masses you end up with a deluted masses.

It was happening in 2004 and 2005 on this site. I wouldn't expect it to get better anytime soon, especially since more accomidations were made for the troll community.

Fox

Ram

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Certain sections of people have banded together. I notice that when certain subjects are bought up the threads get the same number of flags every time, give or take a few. Once one member sees a certain type of thread suddenly the rest of them pile in.

However this is not "group think", this is simply those who agree on the same topic supporting one another. Of course this can skew threads and hiuinder discussion but it's a natural part of websites like this.

You know what?!
Now you can WIN T-shirts If you have the ability to think for yourselves!!!

GREAT NEWS!!

go go go!! ATS Rocks!
T-shirt winner thread!! ATS
Check this out... I almost won a T-shirt!!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by dragnet53
reply to post by Mr Mask

You smart so I don't have two!
[edit on 11-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

And that's the problem with your mentality. It's lazy

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE

we should make a system that alerts people when disinfo agents are on the board spreading their bucket of lies.

Cobra.EXE.....

Please define "disinfo agent".

Please describe your "disinfo agent" alert system.

Thank you
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by EminenceofAeon

Oh, and I have seen these 'prominent' members using bullying / rude tactics at times to further the bandwagon "dont wanna look stupid" mob mentality along... its simple if you remember the signs of this from gradeschool.

EminenceofAeon.....

I want to be careful in case any of these "prominent members" try to bully me.

Are there any around now?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rangermedic

I find it absolutely tragic that you've only got three stars for that excellent post..!

Sigh.... Yet another example of how internet communities / the human race always let's us down. When will we learn?!?!?!

Noah.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Maybe...maybe not........................

No, not now dont worry. There isn't much to discredit in this thread so none would be here.

Unless the tactics used were found out... Then I imagine they would get some newer to the scene underling to come along to use grade school tactics to poke fun at people discussing the topic and discourage participation or something like that... It's all impossible madness after all. Don't want to ruin the work of gathering a following over time.

Thats what I would do anyhow... but what do I know.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I don't know if he posted yet and I don't want to read the thread but if someone could find Phage's post and then post a link to it that would be great.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Are ATS Members Losing The Ability To think For Themselves

i'm not sure yet, let me read throught the entire thread to see what i think..

who makes the rules?
rulers make the rules.
who follows the rules?
followers follow the rules, (not that followers know how many rules there are) .... but fortunatley it is against the rules to point this out to the followers. shhh .. it's a secret....

yep yep,
et

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EminenceofAeon

EminenceofAeon.....

Thank you.....

I feel much better now!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I'd still rather be on this site than most though. People on most of the interactive websites act like hostile adolescent sociopaths nowdays.

That is also my thoughts. On other sites, the majority of my posts get spammed before I can get it to the thread. At least on this site, I know someone is going to read what I have to say before throwing it out. Perhaps even one person will take the time to tell me where I went wrong in my reasoning. Other sites give me "You are stupid" without telling me why. Not to mention the arrogant "cliques" sharing inside jokes
that are far more annoying than seeing fans of another member.

Overall, I do not mind seeing "Wait til (insert name) gets here" because I know at least one person values what (insert name) has to say and I will look for his or her reply to see what is so special. Most often, I am not disappointed. I find the so-called "fan clubs" rather useful.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well i think................................................................................................................................................. .......

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Absolutely not. We can all think for ourselves quite well according to Jason who just told me to put this answer in here!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join