It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ATS Members Losing The Ability To think For Themselves ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Omega85

OMG.....I don't know what to write!

Where's Phage?

Where's Chadwickus?

Where's Zaiger?

Where's Cripmeister?

Where's Mr Mask?

Where's InfraRedMan?

I'M ALL ALONE!!!

Brad?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well i think..........i mean...............you know..........wait let me think......................ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzz

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

A well articulated post. It has become apparent that in every society, there are those who have the ability to generate followers. While there are many who do say "can't wait til so-and-so sees this thread", I bleieve that many simply add a star because it happens to resemble what another member has posted in response. It's far much easier to just click a star than to take the time to reply to a post. Even as I write this, I am sure someone else has already written it, and I could just simply 'star' that response.

To say that many ATSers have lost the ability to........er......what was the question?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
If you start to make a habit of labeling and then ignoring based on labels (really your preconceptions about a person or the concept or subject), you might miss some really critical information.

Welcome to planet Earth. This is what humans do, it's our genetic predisposition to judge first and ask questions later. That's why we're the penultimate apex species on the planet. It also happens to be why we can't live in harmony with Nature.

We need to stop pretending to be what we're not. But is that ever going to happen? No. Will it help to bellyache and complain? No. Well, our only other option is to surpass those with whom we find fault. Just stop trying to change other people, because you suck at changing other people, and concentrate on changing yourself.

Ta-daaaaa!

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/11/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

I've never even been tempted to write a one liner in response to a reply. . .but this one is awesome! So maybe now I've written two lines? I don't know, but I can tell you it's certainly not relevant to anything.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
From what i've seen in this thread, it appears that we a have consistent trend of threads being created, and promoted, for the sole purpose of either promoting a cause / idea / agenda.

Could this indicate the presence of ad hoc 'forum gangs'?

Or could this be more sinister? If I was a CONSPIRACY THEORIST unlike many of the children that frequent this site; I would posit that the best way to take down a 'collective brain' like ATS (by the powers that be) is to saturate the forums with bullcrap. Either that, or entrench teams of people to direct and channel discussions in certain directions, with specific agendas.

I have seen this time, and time again. I have reported this, time and time again. I have been in comunication with ex-members who have left because of this. I see topic after topic discussing this concept, and these topics either get buried, locked down, or spammed with tripe.

Not only this, the QUALITY of the threads has taken a nose dive. It's got to the point now that alot of the time, these threads just aren't worth participating in - they either get 'passively derailed' (which is easy to do I might add) or they get spammed with 'diffusive' posts that make the content completely inert.

OP - I salute your effort, as a long-standing member, you have the right to say that things are happening, and you have the respect garnered to back it up.

Let's see what our glorious admin team say about it, and more importantly, what they will do to combat the OBVIOUS plants within ATS.

Parallex.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Parallex]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

can't we just burn them at the stake...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Omega85

OMG.....I don't know what to write!

Where's Phage?

Where's Chadwickus?

Where's Zaiger?

Where's Cripmeister?

Where's Mr Mask?

Where's InfraRedMan?

I'M ALL ALONE!!!

WHOA Brad!!! Slow down there...

Everyone knows that Mr Mask is hardly ever right, offers no proof ever, and couldn't provide proper disinfo if it was growing hair on his butt!

Don't throw me into the mix with your evil cabal of agents and boogeymen!

PS- Do I have a suspicion that MMN is Brad Pit? If "hell yeah" works under the "suspicion label" then you can bet your best boots I do!

HE IS BRAD PIT!!!

PS- Disclaimer= Mask has no proof.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
"Those who can manipulate and control thoughts and opinions can and will find ways to control YOU."

Anything one can do to prejudice an issue is fair game on the web, whether it is propping up an alleged "expert" who people blindly follow or setting up a poipularity star system which overtly influences public opinion. Ever wonder why these insignificant stars are at the very top of each post, like they are something of great importance?

The bottom line is, if I cannot cash in my hard earned stars for Silly Putty infested Chicken McNuggets, I refuse to dance with the stars.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I still don't know who the forum gods with all the followers are, and I read a LOT of the topics,

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I dunno, What do you think?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I dunno, What do you think?

You talkin to Me?

[edit on 043131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I still don't know who the forum gods with all the followers are, and I read a LOT of the topics,

Judging from the reception that most of my threads receive, I feel safe in conjecturing that I am not among the forum gods. Rather, and appropriately, I'm more like that fallen angel, what was his name, who was cast down here and given dominion over you wretched — ecccchh
commoners.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Judging from the reception that most of my threads receive, I feel safe in conjecturing that I am not among the forum gods. Rather, and appropriately, I'm more like that fallen angel, what was his name, who was cast down here and given dominion over you wretched — ecccchh
commoners.

— Doc Velocity

Obviously Doc, neither am I,

LOLOLOL

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Doc Velocity.....

I'm with ya Doc.....

I'm with ya!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Doc Velocity.....

I'm with ya Doc.....

I'm with ya!

Tell me brad, I mean, err, umm, maybe maybe not, what have you done to make them suspicions of you?

Are your fellow cohorts famous too?

[edit on 043131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I will first say that this isn't Phage's fault at all. However, I began noticing this a while back and I find it hilarious! He can be a 40 year old man in his mom's basement getting his info from google for all we know... or maybe he is a genius. I just laugh when people are like "phage can clear this up." Who knows, maybe he does know all the answers, I mean who am I to say? I'm just some person on a computer. I have a good idea though! ATS should add a new section...What would Phage do? People can go there and find out all of life's unanswered questions?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Your one of my many Gods in my personal ATS pantheon!

Don't sell yourself short!

ALL HAIL DOC V!

PS- Tell me what to think and send me a U2U telling me what to type.

Thank you my lord.

PS- NO ATS HAS NOT LOST ANY FREE THINKING MAJORITY! I've been creeping around since 07 and there has always be a revolving door of names coming and going, littered with a heavy helping of "agreers" and "disagreers" alike.

Ask Phage...he will tell you.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
If you start to make a habit of labeling and then ignoring based on labels (really your preconceptions about a person or the concept or subject), you might miss some really critical information.

Welcome to planet Earth. This is what humans do, it's our genetic predisposition to judge first and ask questions later. That's why we're the penultimate apex species on the planet. It also happens to be why we can't live in harmony with Nature.

We need to stop pretending to be what we're not. But is that ever going to happen? No. Will it help to bellyache and complain? No. Well, our only other option is to surpass those with whom we find fault. Just stop trying to change other people, because you suck at changing other people, and concentrate on changing yourself.

Ta-daaaaa!

— Doc Velocity

I'm well aware of how the planet earth is. I've been here almost 50 years. And I believed I mentioned human nature in my post, so why are you repeating it back to me?

Mine was an observation on the subject at hand, not a bellyache or a complaint or an attempt to change anyone at all. Simple general observation. Mine. How I operate or attempt to (I'm only human and do let the occaisional "neocon" slip). What happens to me when people overdo the labels, for whatever reasons they have or whatever their needs are. I think that was pretty clear. If not, please point out to me where it wasn't.

[edit on 7/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
What would Phage do?

That's funny,

I think the forum needs more experts, personally.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join