It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday: How BP Gulf disaster may have triggered a 'world-killing' event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Doomsday: How BP Gulf disaster may have triggered a 'world-killing' event

www.helium.com

Ominous reports are leaking past the BP Gulf salvage operation news blackout that the disaster unfolding in the Gulf of Mexico may be about to reach biblical proportions.

251 million years ago a mammoth undersea methane bubble caused massive explosions, poisoned the atmosphere and destroyed more than 96 percent of all life on Earth. [1] Experts agree that what is known as the Permian extinction event was the greatest mass extinction event in the history of the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Just stumbled upon this article written on this science site called Helium.com

I really don't know what to make of it... It's the single most gut wrenching sickening scary thing I have ever read.

But is that the writers goal? Is this fear mongering or a real look on what's unfolding?

It's worth a read, for either the scoff factor or the poo your pants get your bug out bags kiss your loved ones goodbye factor..

www.helium.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Sounds like doomsday, that's for sure, and the theories could, one and all be correct, but, I am not seeing support of this happening right now, within the Gulf and because of the oil leak. That part of this article appears to be either speculation or not supported by fact or news or anything, it is just stated. I would like to see something that supports a large rift in the ocean floor, leaks 10 miles of the leak, all the things the writer claims are happening. The 3 things that must be in place before an extinction event. You can't just say someone said it and that be your proof.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
What we are all forgetting here is that if there is a flare that is capable of knocking out power grids then we are possibly on a race against time to share as much info as possibly before we are sitting here without power or black screens? Anyone have a specific timeframe of events?
Asteroid pass? (is this true?)
CME flares
Sunspot
Eclipse (total for easter island)
World cup final
Will aircraft be grounded too, am i right in thinking that airline companies will be grounding?
If power was cut, what is held captive that will be released?
Questions are endless here, but i`d rather know than not know at all.
Safe than sorry?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I think it's defenetly plauseable. I've thought about it myself. All that oil leaking that fast could cause the seabed could collapse. Especialy with the amount of presure the ocean is excurting on the seabed floor. With the oil melting the methane. Sounds like a catastrophy in the making. I'm no expert just using common sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Thats what i said from the start but ended up getting grief for scare mongering?
Heres a few questions for you all, and im serious and not pissing around here.

Can the events, sun spot, solar eclipse,cme`s etc etc that are predicted over the weekend have serious effects on the gulf? Could it collapse the well or the whole gulf?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Ok this is odd wasnt there a thread on the same story not so long ago?

the link wasnt the same as OP has.

It should be barried under the oil spill mess in the BP section.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
You may recall an event at Lake Nyos in Cameroon when a gas bubble erupted killing 1700 people in 1986.This event was relatively small compared to this scenario,but gives an idea of what can happen.
science.howstuffworks.com...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Its funny you should say that, isnt there a magma field close to the surface in Africa? Im sure i read something on a thread here on ATS regarding this, i may be wrong.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join