It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Electric universe. The evidence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Hi I found a site with the facts that support an electric universe.

This is what you will find :

The Electric Universe

The Electric Universe theory highlights the importance of electricity throughout the Universe. It is based on the recognition of existing natural electrical phenomena (eg. lightning, St Elmo's Fire), and the known properties of plasmas (ionized "gases") which make up 99.999% of the visible universe, and react strongly to electro-magnetic fields. Much of the material considered by the Electric Universe is peer-reviewed, but not all (see Speculative Theories, below).

Terrestrial electricity

Terrestrial electricity is often seen in Atmospheric electricity such as lightning and the aurora, and also appears in St Elmo's fire, and upper atmosphere phenomena such as red sprites, blue jets, elves and tigers. It is estimated to be over 8 million lightning strikes per day, each carrying an average of 30kAmps

Electricity in space

Electricity is common throughout the universe, generated by all cosmic plasma as it moves through magnetic fields. Peer reviewed papers describe electricity in the Sun, and associated with the interplanetary medium (solar wind), planets and their satellites, comets, in interstellar space, other stars, and intergalactic space. See: electricity throughout the Universe

Importance of plasma

99.999% of the visible universe is a plasma, and all moving plasmas produced their own magnetic field and electric currents. For example, the Sun (and stars) produce current loops in solar flares, and currents flow thought extragalactic jets spanning many parsecs.

Space plasmas

Although outer space is a vacuum, it is permeated with the plasma of the Solar "Wind". This interacts with Sun's magnetic field, producing the heliospheric current sheet which carries about 3×109 amperes through our own Solar System. The galactic counterpart is estimated to carry of 1017 - 1019 Amps. The heliospheric current sheet is the largest coherent structure in our Solar System.

Laboratory science

Plasmas are strongly influenced by electro-magnetic forces. A laboratory simulation of two interacting electric "Birkeland" currents, models many characteristics of galaxy formation. The Electric Universe is based on the known properties of plasmas, in preference to unproven theoretical physics, and consequently does not require black holes, dark matter and dark energy, neutron stars and the Big Bang.

Speculative theories

More speculative aspects of the Electric Universe theory argue that some planetary features, such as craters are produced by cosmic mega-lightning electrical scarring rather than impacts with meteorites. It is also suggested that the Sun and stars are powered externally electrically (see the Electric Sun theory), and the behavior of comets is due to their interaction with electrified interplanetary plasma (see comet: Interaction with interplanetary medium

Source : The electric universe theory.

The amount of information is huge and it seems that there is a lot more of it that supports the theory then any skeptic would imagine.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Personally I love the Electric Universe theory... but many passionately hate it for varying reasons. I look forward to watching how this thread progresses. They are usually an ugly affair!

IRM

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Yes I've noticed.

But that should not stop anyone from spreading information. There are a few things wrong with the theory, but that can also be said for the current model.

Lets hope people will act like civilized adults.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I prefer many plasma cosmology theories to current contemporary theories.
The universe has always been here, it has no beginning or end. The Big Bang theory is bad theology - a papist lie.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The electric universe theory has been an interest to me for a while now along with the holographic universe theory.

I found this part of the information interesting and had not heard such speculation before.

More speculative aspects of the Electric Universe theory argue that some planetary features, such as craters are produced by cosmic mega-lightning electrical scarring rather than impacts with meteorites. It is also suggested that the Sun and stars are powered externally electrically (see the Electric Sun theory), and the behavior of comets is due to their interaction with electrified interplanetary plasma (see comet: Interaction with interplanetary medium

The electric universe theory is also the reason I found out one of my friends of almost a decade is also a conspiracy theorist.

It came up in conversation at my brothers wedding after we had a few drinks and we have been shooting the S#$% on various topics ever since. Our girlfriends just roll their eyes and walk away saying "ugh they are talking about conspiracies again"

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

What I think is weird that the main reason given for this theory to be flawed are the supposed negative or positive particles that are missing where they think they should be.

While the consensus starts with a big bang and the expanding of the universe seconds after.

That just sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

You should consider yourself lucky to have someone where you can talk conspiracy with.
I have none in my circle of friends.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
*Pops a bag o' popcorn in anticipation of the upcoming brawl*

Is this seat taken?

-Dev

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Nobody denies electricity and electromagnetism and plasma.

However you seem to be using the term "electric universe" in a manner inconsistent with those who have popularized the term to mean things like stars powered by electricity instead of nuclear fusion.

There is a big gap between mainstream views on the role of plasma and the "electric universe" role of plasma, and instead of pointing out the reason for the "debate" if you can even call it that (since there's really not any debate among scientists about electric powered stars) you jumble fact and fiction together in a manner that to me muddies up the issues rather than clarifying what the issues are. (like the source of the sun's power, is it nuclear fusion, or electric?)

Therefore I find your thread more confusing than enlightening. Sorry my friend, you know I like your other threads but I think you could have explained the different views a little better in this thread.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Oh I didn't create a thread here. I only found a site that had all the info included.
What you read in the OP are exactly the what you will find on site. I copy paste it.

I did that because if I would make it like it was mine, well... That would be plagiarism.
I posted it because I think it is interesting and I wanted to share it here.

My own idea are not really trust worthy, since I lack the proper background to know what it all is. That counts even more for our current model.

I'm sorry if that was not clear.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Oh I didn't create a thread here. I only found a site that had all the info included.
What you read in the OP are exactly the what you will find on site. I copy paste it.

Good, in that case i can be a little harsher with my criticism of your source.

Just look up "electric universe" in wikipedia, and it says:

For the cosmological model, see Plasma cosmology.

Then when you look up the term Plasma cosmology you find this:

Plasma cosmology is a non-standard cosmology[2] generally attributed to Nobel Prize winner Hannes Alfvén in the 1960s

Plasma cosmology contradicts the current consensus of astrophysicists that Einstein's Theory of general relativity explains the origin and evolution of the universe on its largest scales

So I don't think the author of that site knows what the term "electric universe" means in it's popular usage in referring to "plasma cosmology" since much of the information he calls "electric universe" is not what's typically described as "electric universe" or "plasma cosmology".

I'm glad you didn't take it personally.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread592406]

I read a marvelous idea about something called 'Charge Sheath Vortices'. It was originally used to explain the formation of tornado's by adding electric charge to the equation rather than the apparent random induction of spin.

It was later adapted to explain the gigantic tornado's discovered in the Sun, seen by us for many years as the 'filaments'. These are huge in size and using current meterological theories, cannot e explained by simple scaling.

The theory expains how the Sun can cause Fission, through the pressures and heats created in the eye's of these tornado's. Some of the recent SDO images show these 'filaments' in much more detail. This would not only explain the Neutrino's streaming from the Sun, but could also explain why the surface of the Sun is hotter than it's core. Fission takes place on it's surface.

I especially liked this theory as it seems to be a go between theory. A theory in which both sides may some day agree to pursue and shows that they don't have to be wrong, just not quite right.

Anyway. It seems to be one guy putting forth his idea, but again, I liked it. Some may find it useful, others may find it laughable. Either way, have fun!

Tornado Theory.

www.peter-thomson.co.uk...

'Filament' Theory.

www.peter-thomson.co.uk...

EMM

[edit on 11-7-2010 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

new topics

top topics

join