It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has made YOU personally certain that UFO's are unconventional - ie, not Chinese lanterns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Okay, I'll be honest, I got the idea from this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There, the OP asked for solid proof of alien visitation, of which there really isn't any.

However, here I wanted to ask instead... (and I'll say, this is to the believers, not the skeptics.) Which UFO case, in YOUR PERSONAL OPINION, is the strongest proof of something unconventional THAT WE HAVE AVAILABLE?

I'll give an example. I think the Ariel School sighting of 62 kids is the most compelling piece of evidence to me that proves that something about the copious amounts of UFO's seen are NOT always explainable as planes, lanterns, or other conventional things.

www.ufoevidence.org...

So, what about you? Which UFO case, video, picture, or personal experience has made you certain that, although we may not know all the answers, there is SOMETHING going on that cannot be easily explained away?

Disclaimer: this thread is not intended to prove anything. It is to find out what personally has made other people believers.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
For me it's the Rendlesham/Bentwaters incident in 1980. I still haven't seen a satisfactory answer for what they experienced over the 3 nights. The Lighthouse excuse was pathetic.

Best evidence for alien/advanced craft thus far IMHO.

IRM

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I can only go off personal experience. It was June of 2000, late at night around 12am. My friends and I were about to go for a walk, because they needed cigarettes and the gas station was nearby. We were all standing in the road, getting ready to leave when I glanced up and saw a single bright star that looked lower than the rest. At the time it was stationary, and seemed quite close, maybe 100 ft in the air? It definitely seemed out of place, and fake to me right away.

And so I called to my friends without turning away, hey look!
When my other 2 friends looked at it, it began to move, seemingly swimming like a fish; as it moved we notice another smaller star directly behind it, only a ray of light between the both of them. And as it swam it made absolutely no sound, and continued to float further and further away from us.

As it drifted further and further, it got smaller and smaller, we continued to watch for about 2 minutes, when it disappeared unto itself. Like it entered an invisible hole, first the larger star, the ray of light, than the smaller star.

We had been silent the whole time, not entranced or frozen, just patient and waiting for anything at that point.

This singlehandedly is the best evidence I have seen, only wish I had captured it, I would've loved some of your explanations for that one

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I always had an open mind on the subject but what convinced me was seeing one myself. I was on my balcony in the morning when I thought I was watching a small aircraft coming towards the building. When it got closer I could seemly was a
Metalic orb, it changed direction slightly and went past with no noise or anything. I couldn't believe it I stood there until it vanished from sight.
Now I am not saying it was alien, but I have never seen anythinglike that before.
From there on in it convinced me that UFO's regardless of origin exist.
Thanks

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Thanks so much you guys! This is exactly what I was looking for.

I hope others reply

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well at the rate of these sightings increasing as they are. Id have to say people wont be lacking a personal sighting soon.

I was a major scoffer at anything I didnt see but the moment I let the idea enter my mind I suppose that was enough for me to look up and see things that.. I couldn't explain away.

People with two braincells know the skeptical arguments know what it could be from bug lights swamp gas Mars or Venus

The words "I know what I saw." changed for me when I had my own sighting. It didn't mean to me... Someones opinionated delusional statement it changed to something.. for better or worse i could not explain with what Ive seen or investigated thus far.

I know what I saw and it wasn't A or B etc.

Call it agnosticism til one lands in front of my face. I by no means am demanding one do so... Im just pretty sure that if its intelligent and wants to make itself known It will do so. Eventually.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Colares 1977 and Project Prato.

The weight of evidence (photos, video, official reports, eye-witnesses and victims) from these incidents doesn't support a conventional explanation. I've considered a CIA exercise in mass hysteria, but the military investigators' reports seem to rule out conventional aircraft.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thank you for the Colares UFO info. It is very intriguing... I wonder what happened. It also makes me worry that maybe aliens are not benevolent, like I'm hoping they are lol.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

That's me on the left inside the craft Kandinsky! I'd tell you more but then I'd have to kill you!

Actually.. on a serious note, I don't remember this incident... or at least I don't think I do. Thanks for the link mate!

IRM

[edit on 11/7/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Seeing it for myself.

Here is my experience.

I was sleeping and woke up in the night at about 12:50. I was hearing the sound of an aircraft flying around, but it was louder and stranger than any I've heard fly over before.

It sounded like a 747, except there was a also a deep almost thundering humming sound, and the air was whipping around. I woke up and went outside to look up and see If I could se it. It was hard to tell where it was coming from, and I never saw any lights of what it was, the sound after a maybe 5' faded out.

So here I am staring pretty much strait up at the night sky, after the jet had flown over and passed, and what seamed like about 50 feet above me, three bluish white glowing circles in the shape of a triangle suddenly appear directly over me, and immediately zooms off at incredible speed across the sky. Made no sound. This happened on a saturday night at about 1 AM November 15 2009.

Then, a few weeks later, at the same time of night, on a saturday, I heard the same aircraft I heard before, went outside again stood in the same place as before, and this time saw the aircraft making the noise. Visually it was just the standard lights you see. I watched it, an heard it fade out, and about the same time after it had faded out before, I see again three glowing lights making a triangle, in a spot about 100 feet off from where the other one appeared, this time, the light was dimmer, but the same size.
This time, the UFO shot up at about a 45 from about half the height of a 60 foot pine tree, until it reached about the top of the tree where it without changing speed, switched angles and came back down at maybe 30 degrees into a trajectory which made me initially think it must have crash landed in my back yard. Based on the speed and height of it, and the fact that there are trees and obstacles which I would think would have been in the way. It must have switched angles again before hitting the ground. I ran to the backyard, no sign of anything. I got a flashlight, and tried to examine the ground, and the trees, saw nothing strange. Then all the sudden I felt a little freaked out and when inside and locked the door. After, I kept hearing the jets flying around until when I fell asleep at about 5 AM.

The UFO to me looked small, like maybe 12-18 feet wide.

Funny thing is, I had heard the aircraft that precluded the UFO before at about the same time of night, can't remember if it was a saturday or not, but I was tired, and I joked to myself it's probably a UFO.

I've gone through various explanations of the significance of the precluding aircraft, and have not settled. Could be a be a 747 type thing with a sat on it controlling a Remote man made craft. It could be out there tracking the UFO (saw it on radar). It could have been used to launch the UFO (dropped it from the sky). It could have been some kind of advanced military light show/hoax being tested to use to confuse the chinese or the russians. I guess I'll never know, but it's killing me not to.

The funny thing is, I had heard the sound of the airc

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

What? Well, because I have witnessed these objects in the sky, and they surely can't be chinese laterns. We don't do chinese here. lol

And because, the objects react to my emotions. Scared? They recede.
They give me an opportunity to "regroup" They don't want me to freak out. And they get closer, as close as I feel comrfortable with them.

I would like chinese laterns proponents to recreate the same thing.

I'm waiting....................

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

The emotion thing is really intense. o_o

If they get as close as you feel comfortable, do you ever feel comfortable enough to like... get close enough to touch? As in, have them land close to you and MEET THEM? That would be pretty sick

And by the way... so sick of Chinese Lanterns lol. I think that obviously some things are the lanterns, but that they are used as a standard 'this is what it is' argument without much thought anymore. Very annoying!

[edit on 7/11/2010 by spacekc929]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wiseman3000

That's awesome. I love hearing personal experiences, you could be making anything up, but I really doubt you are. I think these things are real.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
What is significant also, is the time of year, November. From what I read, UFO's like this are more often spotted in this month for some reason. I speculate it has to do with the weather, moisture content in the air, I don't know. Both times it was similar, with light scattered fog, stars still visible, cold, and damp air.

The second thing significant is that it happened 2 weeks apart on the same day of the week, and same time, same spot. This sounds more likely to be a human thing, because of how it was scheduled. What do you think?

Anyone else see what I saw?

Next time you hear something like what I heard, go outside and stair up into the sky, maybe you'll see it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wiseman3000

Every once in a while I hear very low flying jets, kind of freaks me out. I think I will take you up on that suggestion and go outside next time I hear a very loud plane. Never thought that it could really be connected to a UFO. And you're right, sounds very human.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
A couple of years ago I was outside having a smoke when 3 small triangle craft flew low over my house, they were completely silent and as my brain registered what I was seeing the front craft did a 180 degree turn while still moving forward in a straight line.

Fast forward to now and I saw something the other night that made me want to find out if anyone else had seen this kind of thing hence the reason I'm here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Heh. I'm pretty much a scaredy cat. They never got close enough to land and I touched them. Not sure if I would be sick because I allowed that.

You mean like I was a sick f*&k or sick from some sort of radiation or strange disease?

Like I said, I'm a scaredy cat. lol

However, my pop did get that close. he said it was "weird" and he didn't want to do that again.

Then, again, my ole Pop has been a very different person since that event, and I don't know anyone who says what he became was a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

No, I don't feel comfortable enough for that. I enjoy the other sort of stuff, but, whew, I am, really, TIMID! Because I just don't know. The unknown is scsarey. At least for me.

And I am very heppy that others respect my apprehension without forcing themselves on me.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I'm sorry lol! I didn't mean sick in a bad way. I meant it in the new fangled teen speak that means good. Lol. Like, "Oh, that would be badass" hahaha. I think it would be awesome if you touched them.

And sorry, you said "They never got close enough to land and I touched them" does that mean you did touch them, they just never landed? Or, did you leave out the word 'never' lol?

And I can understand it being weird. I want to make contact with aliens or whatever, but I think it would be really weird at the same time. Not sure what I would do if I was in your situation of being able to control them based on my comfort level. Can I ask when you started seeing them?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Spacekc929.....

I find the Dr Jonathan Reed case very interesting.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join