It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbi says it is OK to kill non Jew babies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Rabbi Yitzhak Shapiro, who heads the Od Yosef Chai Yeshiva in the Yitzhar settlement, wrote in his book “The King’s Torah” that even babies and children can be killed if they pose a threat to the nation.

Shapiro based the majority of his teachings on passages quoted from the Bible, to which he adds his opinions and beliefs.

“It is permissible to kill the Righteous among Nations even if they are not responsible for the threatening situation,” he wrote, adding: “If we kill a Gentile who has sinned or has violated one of the seven commandments – because we care about the commandments – there is nothing wrong with the murder.
[Source: Haaretz]

This is actually several months old but to my knowledge has never been posted. Imagine if a Muslim Imam said this about Jewish babies. The scream out of Israel would be deafening. His book "The Kings Torah" is a best seller in Israel. When a religious cleric of any religion advocates murder of innocents it must be condemned.

This book has been reviewed by other respected Rabbis and they approve of it. The book essentially says ANYONE non Jewish may be killed with impunity if it is supposed they may pose a future threat to Israel or Jews.

There are a lot of crazy people that may take this to heart. Rabbi Shapiro, the author, lives on an illegal settlement with Palestinian enclaves nearby. One might envision, considering the Rabbis influence, Settler killing sprees. Religious ferver is a strong motivator.

Now this rabbis following is relatively small as he lives in a small settlement. But since his book is enjoying wide readership throughout Israel one must wonder how many innocent people may die as a result. The other consideration is many settlers are in the IDF and have daily contact with Palestinians If they have read this book they may believe they are acting within Jewish law to use unwarranted force on Palestinians.

Now I believe Jews of good conscience are as shocked as I am at the release of this book and I am sure THEY are in the majority.

www.haaretz.com...

mod edit, external quote tags added

[edit on Sun Jul 11 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I have a great idea - let us remove all religious extremists from humanity - maybe kill them? Although I am not an exponent of murder, I would rather kill a religious freak like this rabbi than allow innocent babies to be killed.

Why does this world allow such freaks to spew forth their poison?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

That would be a little harsh and I know you are writing from the anger of the moment. I have read ALL your posts and your best one is "Why do men like to kill?"

This Rabbi certainly SHOULD be censured in some way. Perhaps in this case a council of Rabbis de-flocking him if that is possible or at the very least denouncing him as a radical Rabbi with no place in a modern society.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Wow! I never read anyone's posts, least of all mine!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

You get a star for making me smile!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The IDF appear to agree with Rabbi Yitzhak Shapiro!

IRM :shk:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hating and being Unpopular are different things.
The Jews are for me very Unpopular. I don't hate them but something ought to be done against them. Not by hurting or killing them but by dismantling Israel and place them on that artificial Island they are planning to build out of the trash that floats in our ocean. Let that be their promised land.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

If that pic is really of the IDF then it is sick....

Do they care about no one but themselves???

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This kind of thinking, this kind of rhetoric, is deplorable.

I do not know how the laws in Israel work, but if anyone is harmed as a result of his "teaching", then he should be arrested and tried as an accessory to the crime.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
And yet the one of the ten commandments is thou shell not kill.

Some of these religious extremists need to re-acquaint themselves with the true meaning the their own texts and have a look at themselves in the mirror.

But then the Jews think that every non Jew is of a lower life form as does the Muslims as do the Christians.

Funny three religions of so called peace and love are full of hatred.
Before Anyone says I'm ignorant, please read the koran, bible etc etc and they are full of hatred and violence.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Your post is obviously Anti-Semetic.

The Israeli's have evey right to kill those evil babies that have them surrounded and keep attacking them.

The whole world is out to get them, so they must start the killing at a young age to secure their future.

Anyone that disagrees is a blatant Anit-Semite.

The most useful term in the world, Anti-Semitism.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

If you are a young person - you are forgiven.

If not...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Wow I have heard about them t-shirts but to see them really does send a shiver down my spine. Hate is spewed out in many different guises by many different people, ignorance spreads when people like this are allowed to spread these messages.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Was it that you took my post seriously, or did you have a problem with my sarcasm?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Neither - I am too clued up for that, my friend.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by InfaRedMan

If that pic is really of the IDF then it is sick....

Do they care about no one but themselves???

Yes it is mate. They had them printed for Operation Cast Lead last year. They got into a lot of hot water internationally about it... but very little was done to punish them internally... surprise surprise!

You will find a thread on it here at ATS mate.

IRM :shk:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

This Rabbi certainly SHOULD be censured in some way.

No every one has a right to be heard as we have freedom of speach or we don't have it and once you go down that path you won't be able to say a word against goverment.

maybe they will sut up miss quoting Iran about wiping iserail off the face of the earth that they like to bring up every other week.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

To censure is to publicaly state disagreement. This can be done without infringing on his "freedom of speech"

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

has violated one of the seven commandments

What ever happened to the other 3 commandments?

“It is permissible to kill the Righteous among Nations even if they are not responsible for the threatening situation,” he wrote, adding: “If we kill a Gentile who has sinned or has violated one of the seven commandments – because we care about the commandments – there is nothing wrong with the murder.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by YJLTG]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Real nice religion ya got there Rabbi!
And the Jews continue to wonder why so many people are against them? Really!?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join