It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Group Threatens to Execute American Hostage Paul Johnson

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
In a posting on an Islamic website today, a group calling itself "Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula" has threatened to execute Paul Marshall Johnson, who is being held hostage in Saudi Arabia. The group demands the release of prisoners held in Saudi Arabia within 72 hours to prevent the Lockheed Martin employee's execution.
The website also contained a video of the blindfolded Johnson. It then showed his Lockheed Martin ID card and what appeared to be a passport photo. A hooded man read the statement, with a subtitle on the video identifying him as "al-Moqrin."

Sky.com
The statement threatening his execution, along with video footage, was posted on an Islamist website.
"If the tyrants of the Saudi government want their master, Paul Marshall Johnson, to be released, they must release the mujahedeen held in the prisons in Haer, Ar-Ruwais and Allecha within 72 hours... Otherwise, we will execute him to avenge our Muslim brothers whose blood has been spilled in several parts" of the world, the statement said.
The statement, the authenticity of which cannot be confirmed, was signed "Al-Qaeda in the Arabian peninsula".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The website posting the video and statement is www.hostinganime.com... , which has since been taken offline.

Those who have seen the video describe Johnson as "...blindfolded with a piece of white fabric and tape. He was wearing a red shirt torn in parts so a tattoo on his left shoulder became visible." The man reading the statement introduced himself as Abdel Aziz al-Muqrin; he held an AK-47 and had what appeared to be explosives strapped about his waist.

Paul Johnson disappeared Saturday, June 12th and was almost immediately claimed as a hostage by the same group issuing the threats. On Saturday, another American, Robert Jacobs, was gunned down in Riyadh.

Related News Stories:
Guardian.co.uk
News.com.au

[edit on 16-6-2004 by Banshee]

[edit on 6-16-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just saw the video on Fox news, the kidnappers are threatening to kill him if Saudi Arabia doesn't release all Al Qaeda prisoners in SA. They give the SA govt 72 hrs.

I am saying a prayer for Paul Johnson as it is all I can do.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Does anyone else notice they always say "A islamic web site" but never link to it? - Was

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I agree with Wass. Dam* liberal media needs to backup their stories with links... let's get as much freaking validation as possible.

Noticed that the captive, Paul Johnson, is wearing an orange jumpsuit...by chance do you think he is sitting in a white plastic chair also?

c

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ckn4us
Noticed that the captive, Paul Johnson, is wearing an orange jumpsuit...by chance do you think he is sitting in a white plastic chair also?

He's wearing what appears to be a red button-up shirt with one sleeve torn off. I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like an orange jumpsuit to me...

[edit on 15-6-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Looks orangish to me. Wonder who is selling orange jumps suits in the middle east?

God this poor guys family must be going nuts. Ill pray for him and them.

- Was

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wassabi
Does anyone else notice they always say "A islamic web site" but never link to it? - Was

I did some scouting.
The website is now linked on the main story up top there.
Can't read a word of it, but the video should be there *somewhere* ...

Edit: further searching shows that the video has been removed from that website.
It may be out there somewhere else.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I have it, I am working on putting it up, Be back with link.....

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Here is a Link

Paul Johnson Video

At this point I have only viewed it once, It sounds to me Like he is drugged, by the way he is speaking, Heavy editing again. Keep in mind I have no idea what his voice "Should" sound like, Just an observation. Will Post more on this after a complete Analysis can be done....

Trick

It is about 7mb :30 with a cable modem, and it is in Real Player

NEIN (North East Intelligence Network) Has a link also, they do not have a translation as of yet, but expect it hopefully Wednesday.
NEIN

[edit on 15-6-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Trick, I'll see if I can't get that hosted elsewhere so your bandwidth isn't eaten up.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Some of the links on the site work.

Audio only:
server7.vnpages.net...

Video and Audio, medium quality, 6.9MB
server7.vnpages.net...

Video and Audio, high quality, 13MB zipped real media file
server7.vnpages.net...

PDF and images, 516KB:
www.hostinganime.com...

[edit on 15-6-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Some prelim Pics: (don't mind the demo watermark
)

[edit on 15-6-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
poor bastard. could you imagine anything worse happening to someone? its very very sad that people do this for religion, or god knows what. you have a sneaky feeling that even if the demands were met, which they probably wont be, they would kill him anyway. its very sad.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I reviewed this video along with the shooting video of Mr Jacob a few days back.

There are definite similarities to the production process of the videos with the same SA flag logo along with intro music and the language graphics.

Does anyone know if that is the SA Al Qaida Logo.

Can someone with a good video program analyze these 2 together to either include or exclude the possibility that it was Mr Johnson in the shooting video.

I know that Nerdling has already claimed the shooting video as fake but maybe we need to take another look.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have a question, is there any known information on when the time, the 72 hours, have exactly past? Or by asking it differently, when exactly was the statement issued?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoaks
I have a question, is there any known information on when the time, the 72 hours, have exactly past? Or by asking it differently, when exactly was the statement issued?

It was issued on the 15th.
The original website (linked up in the main article, but now taken offline) had a timeline of 6/15-6/18 listed.
I understand this to mean that, due to time difference, they are threatening to execute him either on Thursday or Friday US time.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
there currently seems to be an operation that may or may not be related to this....i do hope they can save this guy
Saudi Police Surround House in Capital; Intermittent Gunfire Heard

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thanks to TrickmastertricK for supplying the second link to the video.

Several people want to try their Reverse Speech skills on the audio. I've already started, and it is the same as the Berg video, in that the supposed terrorist is a native English speaker.

This production is much better technically than Berg. I seriously doubt it's from the same organization. Audio is still piss poor, though. Needs lots of noise reduction / filtering to get speech clear enough to reverse at home. Definitely worth the effort, though.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is awful sad, My heart and prayers go out this mans family, the true victims..

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Moderator - Posted to wrong thread, please delete. I will post to the correct one

[edit on 17-6-2004 by Strider]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join