It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny purple spot next to sun... What does this mean??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
Looks like it could be fotoflare. Try this; get a welders helmet, and look to see! I am told that the brown star Nemesis is now visible in the Southern Hemisphere, but I do not know. Nemesis is our stars' twin star, and on a 3,600 year orbit. Should be here about....NOW! Incoming mass has gravity and causes solar weather changes, which affect OUR puny planets' weather. Niburu is possibly in orbit around Nemesis, as well as a couple other planets. NASA previously announced something BIG coming into our solar system, but then someone shut them up. All this is here on the web.

You don't suppose a link or some other kind of refernce to this discovery would be in place here, do you? As always, vague hand-waving works the best when it comes to share vital information on something like this. But perhaps you are talking about the omnious discovery of Sedna, or even Eris?

And to OP, are you serious?=) I know that you are only 16, but anyhow... You've taken several pictures of the sun, and none shows the purple dot in the same place. Isn't it rather obvious that it's a lense flare then? I mean, for the object to appear in some of the places of the photo it would mean that our own rotational axis was shifted back and forth. But, do as they've said and use a welders mask and take some new photos. Then you might get some credible photos...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rasalhague

Originally posted by rasalhague
And to OP, are you serious?=) I know that you are only 16, but anyhow... You've taken several pictures of the sun, and none shows the purple dot in the same place. Isn't it rather obvious that it's a lense flare then? I mean, for the object to appear in some of the places of the photo it would mean that our own rotational axis was shifted back and forth. But, do as they've said and use a welders mask and take some new photos. Then you might get some credible photos...

Maybe you didn't read the whole thread, but in my OP I said that I didn't know anything about photography. I knew that something like this happens when sun is filmed directly, but I didn't know the term "lens flare". By seeing it at different places, I myself concluded that it was a lens flare.

You should read these posts

My OP

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

Originally posted by check_himu

Originally posted by Pseudonaut
Hey, good to meet you!

That purple dot is caused by a mundane optical effect called a "lens flare".

Here's the wikipedia article about it: Lens Flare

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I was thinking that it's the same thing as the dots of colors like red and yellow as seen in movies when sun is captured by the camera.But didn't know the term "lens flare".

and

Originally posted by check_himu

Originally posted by spacekc929
Lens flare seems like a fairly good explanation.

My two cents is that it seems a little more substantial than that. But, since there is no other logical explanation, the lens flare thing is pretty good. Wonder though, why do you think it goes in different places in relation to the sun? Is it pretty random, or does it depend on the angle of the picture, or would it be in the same spot in relation to the sun the entire time? Just a thought, no idea haha

As it is due to effect of scattering of light, angles will also affect it. Therefore from different positions and angles, it appear to be at different place. I think if it was a body, then it must have appeared at same distance from sun in every picture. What do you say?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by check_himu]

And from next time, please read the whole thread before pointing your finger at someone.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by check_himu]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm sorry that I came off as offensive as I did (woke up on the wrong side). I did indeed read the whole thread, and my confusement/anger wasn't actually directed at you, more at the people that are SO keen on finding Nib. that they see it everywhere.

This whole thing is almost like an epidemia (of stupidity that is, again not directed at OP)

I think that people need to stop and think for a moment. There is, as so many before me have pointed out, some really fundamental flaws in the whole second sun nonsense. Thought I would point out some of them here:

1. A planet that have an orbital period of aprox. 3600 years would have a perihelion of 1 AU and a aphelion of aprox. 469 AU. (look up Keplers law, and apply Nib. facts on it and you'll see for your self). Here's the kicker; this orbit would be HIGHLY unstable and impossible to keep for two consecutive runs.

2. If this planet somehow magically managed to "survive" and end up visible as a second sun (aprox. same size) then we would already be dead and gone due to the overwhelming gravitational force such a close object (and 4* earths mass) would have. There is no way we can see two suns without feeling the vast gravitational pull from this planet. So, if we don't feel it, we can't see it (if it in fact is four times as massive as earth)

3. This is the most important point; all the "facts" about this planets whereabouts (and orbit) is based on Sitchins "unique" interpretations. And even if we were to say that he was right in anything, he didn't even predict Nibiru to appear until around 2084 something.

4. You can extrapolate numbers from USGS all day long, and even point to increases in earthquakes using their data, but the fact is that we would see a gigantic/overwhelming increase in major earthquakes if this planetary body were even close to us. Guess what, we don't.

5. It should be visible by now to anyone that owns a reasonably good telescope, or even a good set of binos. Guess what, it isn't that either. I've been an amateur astronomer for a good amount of years, and I can promise you all that something as big as this (that is supposed to be within our solar system) would be highly visible by now, if it were to kill us all in 2012 that is.

And no, I'm not affiliated with the government, but I would however be considered an Elite by your (american) standards

But as I said before, since so many seems so certain of this planets existence, why doesn't anybody supply the cordinates to this and win the 5000$ at the Nibiru challenge? Or even so, bring any sort of evidence whatsoever to the discussion would suffice. I'm waiting=)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join