It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny purple spot next to sun... What does this mean??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Very cool that it is still there, but quite obviously in a different place.

Can you search the celestial objects in your area? For example, this could be a planet like Jupiter or Venus, haha, which maybe with your camera that darkens the sun, makes this one visible. Other than that, got no ideas for you... seems if it were an issue with the camera, it would show up in the same spot both times.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
What's the black flying saucer thing in the right of your pic lol?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
take the pic with a cellphone or something else, just to see if theres something different about it

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

The pictures are from my cellphone camera. I don't own a digital camera, nor I have access to another camera.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
What's the black flying saucer thing in the right of your pic lol?

Yeah, I noticed it when I came back and was looking at pictures. It was noon and I could not look upwards, therefore I just pointed my phone upwards and clicked the pictures. Didn't see upwards because sun was very bright. But it looks to me like a bird.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Can you search the celestial objects in your area? For example, this could be a planet like Jupiter or Venus, haha, which maybe with your camera that darkens the sun, makes this one visible. Other than that, got no ideas for you... seems if it were an issue with the camera, it would show up in the same spot both times.

How can I do that?

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by check_himu

Yeah I realized when you looked at the previous pictures in your second section of pictures that there was a bird in one of them. When I posted that, I had only seen the big black blob in the last picture and if you see the one alone, it looked very funny. But I agree. Bird.

What does everyone else think??? I have never believed in Nibiru or any of that stuff, but these photos are very intriguing to me. Tomorrow, I will have to go out to my yard and take a pic of my sun with a cell phone camera, lol, and see what happens.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Google it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Hey, good to meet you!

That purple dot is caused by a mundane optical effect called a "lens flare".

Here's the wikipedia article about it: Lens Flare

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ambient moon
Pretty good for a 16 year old. I am not a true believer in this so called Nibiru, or planet X. I have seen several photos on ATS regarding this mysterious dwarf planet, and your photo is so far one of the best. I recommend emailing your photo to Coast to Coast, and they might get a kick out of it, or possibly post it on their website.

Thanks. I am, you can say, 50-50 open to both possibilities.

What is Coast to Coast? Are you talking about this? www.coasttocoastam.com...

If so, I found this page
www.coasttocoastam.com...

Whom should I email to?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut
Hey, good to meet you!

That purple dot is caused by a mundane optical effect called a "lens flare".

Here's the wikipedia article about it: Lens Flare

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I was thinking that it's the same thing as the dots of colors like red and yellow as seen in movies when sun is captured by the camera.But didn't know the term "lens flare".

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Lens flare seems like a fairly good explanation.

My two cents is that it seems a little more substantial than that. But, since there is no other logical explanation, the lens flare thing is pretty good. Wonder though, why do you think it goes in different places in relation to the sun? Is it pretty random, or does it depend on the angle of the picture, or would it be in the same spot in relation to the sun the entire time? Just a thought, no idea haha

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Lens flare seems like a fairly good explanation.

My two cents is that it seems a little more substantial than that. But, since there is no other logical explanation, the lens flare thing is pretty good. Wonder though, why do you think it goes in different places in relation to the sun? Is it pretty random, or does it depend on the angle of the picture, or would it be in the same spot in relation to the sun the entire time? Just a thought, no idea haha

As it is due to effect of scattering of light, angles will also affect it. Therefore from different positions and angles, it appear to be at different place. I think if it was a body, then it must have appeared at same distance from sun in every picture. What do you say?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by check_himu]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

You know, I think you're right. I was for some reason thinking that the change in position had only been between the two segments of photographs, which were taken three hours apart. Since I can see now that a whole bunch of pictures at the same time have different positions, that that doesn't make sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
On your pictures the purple dot changes alway it position.
For sure a Lens Flare..

And why it is purple:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by cushycrux]

[edit on 11-7-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

This is what I thought also. I think maybe Jupiter, it's huge (maybe close enough to see if lit up by the sun?) and farther out there, depending on where it's orbit is.
Maybe Venus?? It doesn't look like a camera induced dot, it looks real.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Well done. I see the object in question is still there, but it is located in many different points around the sun. So did you post any pictures upside down
or flipped over? In your original pix, it was at the top right of the sun, and then
in some of the others, it was in the bottom left. This suggests that it would
be a celestial body slowly moving behind the sun on a 45 degree angle roughly.
Or remaining stationary as the sun passes in front of it. But the other pix it is located all over the place. Strange. That is why I asked if
you inverted any of the pix. It could be a type of" Sun Dog" which is caused by a refraction of light in nearby clouds. I would take a couple more pix today, at different times and use a different camera as another poster suggested.
Try taking a couple pix on a non cloudy day too. Sometimes you have to be
like Sherlock Holmes to figure these things out.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Good Job on your efforts, I only have one question though. Why is the orb in question in so many different places within the photos. Were these pics taken within a short time frame, or were they taken over several days. I think that the fact that you are checking these things for yourself is a huge step in the right direction to find the truth. Never give up on that no matter how many dead ends you come across.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Looks like it could be fotoflare. Try this; get a welders helmet, and look to see! I am told that the brown star Nemesis is now visible in the Southern Hemisphere, but I do not know. Nemesis is our stars' twin star, and on a 3,600 year orbit. Should be here about....NOW! Incoming mass has gravity and causes solar weather changes, which affect OUR puny planets' weather. Niburu is possibly in orbit around Nemesis, as well as a couple other planets. NASA previously announced something BIG coming into our solar system, but then someone shut them up. All this is here on the web.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join