It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Aliens.. Sort of.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The Drake equation is technically proof of aliens.

mean rate of star formation in our galaxy per year x the fraction of the stars that have planets x mean number of planets that can support life per star that has planets x the fraction of the above that can go on to develop life x the fraction of the above that can go on to develop intelligent life x the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existance into space x the length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication may be possible...

10 x 0.5 x 2 x 1 x 0.01 x 0.01 x 10,000 = 10. There is your proof of aliens, skeptics.

Through the Drake equation it is said that there is approximately 10 types of aliens in our galaxy.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by typwar

Right.

well let me do some quick math here.

5,3%34-(3455)/5322*6-53+10001= i can not calculate things i do not know about.

Wich is about the same with that theory, math does not proof anything. You make a better statement if you just said the world is endless and possabilities are infinate, so therefor there must be aliens out there.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The drake equation would hold a resounding note, if any number can be confirmed.
Until then, it's the Drake theory as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
The drake equation would hold a resounding note, if any number can be confirmed.
Until then, it's the Drake theory as far as I'm concerned.

You are pretty much right, it IS just a theory. That is why I said "sort of"

But math aside, possibilities are endless and the universe is infinite.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
From my own inner knowing, there are millions of civilizations in our local universe. The problem is that the "normal" mind cannot begin to comprehend and understand this mystery because the mind is locked in the physical reality. The reason for this is that the ego always relies on the memory of the human race, in other words, the ego relies on the past. That is why most humans are unable to remember where they're from and the true purpose of the 3rd density experience.

In time, with higher conscious states, and a more objective approach to life, humans will start discovering all the aspects of their multi-dimensionality, and begin the process of transmuting their physical bodies in order to ascend to higher realms of reality.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by typwar

mean rate of star formation in our galaxy per year x the fraction of the stars that have planets x mean number of planets that can support life per star that has planets x the fraction of the above that can go on to develop life x the fraction of the above that can go on to develop intelligent life x the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existance into space x the length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication may be possible...

10 x 0.5 x 2 x 1 x 0.01 x 0.01 x 10,000 = 10. There is your proof of aliens, skeptics.

Through the Drake equation it is said that there is approximately 10 types of aliens in our galaxy.

So those 10 alien civilizations in milky way are probably no other than: Alpha centaurians, greys, reptoids, alpha draconians, Altairians, Insectoids, Nordics, The Ancients, Ultra-terrestrials, and Luciferians

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
From my own inner knowing, there are millions of civilizations in our local universe. The problem is that the "normal" mind cannot begin to comprehend and understand this mystery because the mind is locked in the physical reality. The reason for this is that the ego always relies on the memory of the human race, in other words, the ego relies on the past. That is why most humans are unable to remember where they're from and the true purpose of the 3rd density experience.

In time, with higher conscious states, and a more objective approach to life, humans will start discovering all the aspects of their multi-dimensionality, and begin the process of transmuting their physical bodies in order to ascend to higher realms of reality.

Yes, that will all happen sometime, but from the way we are going.. Probably not for a while. Thought I can see a lot more people in the present day who are spiritually awake then I did a while back, so maybe we are headed the right direction after all.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by typwar

All souls will go through that process, not just all at the same time. According to my inner knowing, it has already begun. Time is accelerating and events that will occur in the next few months will create gigantic shocks for the entire human race. These shocks are necessary for they change the vibrational status of man, and also elevates consciousness levels. For many, awareness is on the rise all over the globe, as well as higher conscious states. New sciences will emerge to solve all the problems humanity is now facing. The lack of intelligence (connection to the cosmic self) is part of the reason why this race is plunging to the brink of extinction. But the biggest reason is the manipulation of the mind, used by governments and the so called elites of this world, to maintain humanity in a constant state of fear.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by lagenese]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
typwar
"possibilities are endless and the universe is infinite"

No one has any proof of that.
Quite to the contrary.
since the universe is allegedly infinite it has recently been speculated that the universe repeats itself. A paradox within a paradox, apparently.

Another theory is that at the edge of the universe "the event horizon" is another dimensional plane. Another membrane, or the correlation between the chaos of the sub-sub atomic fabric of space time and the fabric of that outer "event horizon".

Anyway, all unproven, all speculation.
It is fun to think about though.
And just for the record, I do feel that there is without a doubt not only life in the universe besides us, but right here in our own solar system.
Jupiter and Saturn have a lot of amazing and unique moons......

[edit on 7/10/2010 by reticledc]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
typwar
"possibilities are endless and the universe is infinite"

No one has any proof of that.
Quite to the contrary.
since the universe is allegedly infinite it has recently been speculated that the universe repeats itself. A paradox within a paradox, apparently.

Another theory is that at the edge of the universe "the event horizon" is another dimensional plane. Another membrane, or the correlation between the chaos of the sub-sub atomic fabric of space time and the fabric of that outer "event horizon".

Anyway, all unproven, all speculation.
It is fun to think about though.
And just for the record, I do feel that there is without a doubt not only life in the universe besides us, but right here in our own solar system.
Jupiter and Saturn have a lot of amazing and unique moons......

[edit on 7/10/2010 by reticledc]

I also believe there is other life in our solar system, no intelligent life (or at least none that originated here.) but there is probably life.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Amazing! I am curious to if that what it really is. Good theory!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by typwar

And to extrapolate further if we assume 10 billion galaxies (for the sake
of argument in 1999, using the Hubble telescope, the number of galaxies
estimated was over 100 billion...and that estimate is growing) then....

10,000,000,000 x 10 = ONE HUNDRED BILLION ALIEN species in the universe.

Whew...we better tidy up. I think company is coming....

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by typwar

I believe you. Instead of pondering whether or not there is life out there I tend to ask 'what are the odds we're alone?'

It might be peaceful and theologically appropriate to imagine we are alone but since we "happened" chances are more than excellent "something like us" happened in other solar systems, in other galaxies.

Considering there are 100 billion (or more) galaxies, and each of those 100 billion have 100 billion stars of which about 1/4 are solar systems...I imagine more than a couple have planets with water...

10 species seems like a very conservative guess to me.

In a primeval "rain forest" of assorted biological entities and phenetic clusters, homo- sapiens must be like "sprout"s.

www.blackwellpublishing.com...

Species are recognized by morphological characters; the pheneticist then says that species are groups of individuals with certain morphological characters. Informally, the phenetic species concept defines a species as a set of organisms that look similar to each other and distinct from other sets. In practice, the phenetic concept measures as many characters as possible in as many organisms as possible, and then recognizes phenetic clusters by multivariate statistics. These clusters approximate to a level of similarity sufficient to be called a species.

www.blackwellpublishing.com...

"species are groups of interbreeding natural populations that are reproductively isolated from other such groups." The biological species concept explains why the members of a species resemble one another, i.e. form phenetic clusters, and differ from other species. When two organisms breed within a species, their genes pass into their combined offspring. As this process is repeated, the genes of different organisms are constantly shuffled around the species gene pool. The shared gene pool gives the species its identity. By contrast, genes are not (by definition) transferred to other species, and different species therefore take on a different appearance.

Wondering...Can a species NOT be biological?

Does anyone know?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by typwar

what skeptics say aliens dont exist anywhere? Frank Drake doesnt think we are being visited by ET and he made that equation.

Its the part about aliens visiting earth in spaceships they are skeptical about.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by typwar

what skeptics say aliens dont exist anywhere? Frank Drake doesnt think we are being visited by ET and he made that equation.

Its the part about aliens visiting earth in spaceships they are skeptical about.
That's me, I believe there are probably aliens. The Drake equation can be used to get just about any result depending on the numbers input which are all just guesses. But the number of stars is huge. Maybe 200 billion galaxies with 200 billion stars in each one?

However, have you ever heard of the Fermi Paradox?

Fermi paradox

The Fermi paradox is the apparent contradiction between high estimates of the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations and the lack of evidence for, or contact with, such civilizations.

The age of the universe and its vast number of stars suggest that if the Earth is typical, extraterrestrial life should be common. In an informal discussion in 1950, the physicist Enrico Fermi questioned why, if a multitude of advanced extraterrestrial civilizations exist in the Milky Way galaxy, evidence such as spacecraft or probes are not seen. A more detailed examination of the implications of the topic began with a paper by Michael H. Hart in 1975, and it is sometimes referred to as the Fermi-Hart paradox. Another closely related question is the Great Silence — even if travel is hard, if life is common, why don't we detect their radio transmissions?

There have been attempts to resolve the Fermi paradox by locating evidence of extraterrestrial civilizations, along with proposals that such life could exist without human knowledge. Counterarguments suggest that intelligent extraterrestrial life does not exist or occurs so rarely that humans will never make contact with it.

If there are so many alien civilizations, it basically asks, where are they? Even traveling at sublight speeds they should have been here by now. Or perhaps we should have at least detected EM radiation from nearby civilizations like their version of TV, radio, etc. Or maybe they all have cable?

I know some will say they have already been here, but I need a little more proof than what we have so far to confirm any of those UFOs are alien. Or maybe a lot more.

But can anyone answer Fermi's paradox?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

new topics

top topics

join