It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A meditation from Wandering Scribe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RossCroft

Well, the terminology I utilize in my outline is most definitely Buddhist in nature. However, the practices themselves are universal. Proper breathing control, proper posture, the quieting and focusing of the mind: these are not Buddhist concepts as much as they are universal concepts for inducing awakenings.

I've never been one to consider meditation to be "Buddhist" or "Zen" or "Hindu" as much as I consider meditation to be a cultivated human practice.

To get to the crux of your question though: yes. I have done Chakra meditation, a little Qigong, some Tai Chi, the meditation exercise I outlined, simple breathing exercises, and plenty of theosophical meditations on the Higher Self and other emanations.

However, I find that many of these other practices come with dogma, creeds, and belief structures attached. That's just not something I am comfortable with.

If you're seeking meditative experiences, I would still recommend beginning with the outline that I have given here. Then, begin to tweak the structure and practices little by little as you receive new results and insights. The Road to the Truth is not one that you can be guided on, instead you start where others did and learn to blaze your own trail.

Good luck and welcome to the thread, feel free to contribute any time you desire.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Welcome to the thread, and thank you for the compliments.

As I stated in the Asana stage overview, the postures and positioning utilizable for meditation are myriad. I outlined the most common, and most frequently used. I myself have utilized other positions, seen other positions used, and continue to learn of new positions. I would love to see your positions, feel free to post pictures when you've taken them.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix_zephyr

We're starting to get our initial Autumnal weather here, though the Summer has not quite dispersed yet. So it's in these moments that immune systems grown lethargic from warm weather are hit unawares by sudden chilly days and sickness is beginning to spread like a wild-fire. I've always favored cooler weather though, so my system has built up immunities to the seasonal shifting. This pneumonia was the results of other forces, which leave both life and death in their wake whenever they visit.

None-the-less, I cannot wait to be fit as a whistle again sometime soon!

I definitely feel that there's a dream, and then there's a dream. If you've ever glanced at my blog's Dream Journal I think I can definitely support my theory, ha ha. Sometimes our subconscious and unconscious mind just throws together random jumbles of daytime endeavors into exotic and weird situations. However, at other times there are definitely a multitude of possible underpinnings: lucid dreaming, precognitive visions, witch dreams, communal dreaming, shamanic vision quests, delirium or fever dreams, etc. My belief is that the Demon, the Visitor, and your Old Friend are all results of some of those underpinnings.

The lucid Visitor (Visitor B) I believe is some Shadow side of you which has unlocked said ability, and is now trying to plant such seeds in your conscious mind. Maybe this visitor is a spirit guide visiting you in the Dreamtime like Coyote or Crow. Whatever the case may be, the lucid-inducing Visitor is probably the most important of the three right now because of the possible spiritual and psychological benefits such a being might entail.

The old-friend Visitor (Visitor A) is almost certainly a representation of your emotional/astral body. What the Buddhist's sometimes call the Liquid Element of people. Since this visitor has the ability to counteract negative moods, help you out in times of trouble, or be saved by you in times of it's own trouble it must represent a shadow-side of yourself. It's possible through meditation, trance-work, or other spiritual endeavors that this shadow-side of you may be contacted. Kind of like the Higher Self Shadow and Unity used to improperly discuss. Maybe in times of fear, sickness, or despair it might do some good to try and summon Visitor A as a medicinal means.

I'm not really sure if I want to associate the dual demonic entities from your dreams as one-in-the-same, or as by-products of your Visitors. So I don't think an analysis of them is really something wise to pursue at this moment. After all, evil is typically just a reflection of our own pure actions. The demons might not be anything different from you, just a side of you that is being denied or ignored.

I imagine only time will tell.

Anyway, you're welcome. I'm always open (time and health permitting) to try and shed some light via another view on things. And you're welcome to take up all my thread's space anytime you want. Contribution is contribution and even if it's only 2 or 3 of us chatting back and forth about things, someone reading along might still benefit from it.

~ Scribe

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
First dream I've remembered for a week or so, lost a lot of the memory of it due to waking up and coughing. Typical, my other half is finally getting over his flu and now I'm going down ill with something

3/10/10:

Lots of memory of the dream lost due to coughing, dream continued each time after waking.

At a base (a space one on another planet I think) and a guy is shutting everything down, all power, very scary guy. He's getting everyone out of the room as the lights are going out, I take my glasses off to better see in the dark, to stop glare. I go part way and then double back through the thick darkness to the control panel. I hear him coming back and hide under the table and hold my breath.

After he leaves, I'm given a large bunch of keys by a young girl, I put them in my pocket as she runs off into the darkness. I then lock the room from the inside so no-one can get in and turn the power key to start powering up the base again. I know I need to contact Visitor A somehow to help power up everything again or the whole base will blow.

The scene then pans outside and I see (though am not aware of it happening while in the dream) a woman who has appeared and is linked with Visitor A except it's not her, it's someone who's taken her form. There are multiple creatures there as well, a variety of humanoid size sentient insects. One rears up to full height, think ten feet plus, and seems to sniff her as she's trying to give them orders. It says “I can smell the hunger in your blood.” ie she's not who she claims. At being found out, she runs up a slope and positions herself so that she can be seem by one of the cameras there and suddenly adopts an innocent act.

Back in the base I'm trying to get everything up and running again and now appear to have 2 large bunches of keys on me. I happen to view what's on the camera outside, to me it looks like an these creatures are trying to kill her for no reason (I don't know she's disguised). I suddenly think, what's the point, why should I try and save this base when there'll just be mindless killing of innocents no matter what I do.

There's then a beep noise as a message comes through on the terminal, it's Visitor A. He's asking for the doors to be unlocked and information that he needs to safely power things up again. I don't reply. For about five minutes or so he's messaging the terminal, I think I reply a few times along the lines of “What's the point.” It pans out to the base and then again as I view this particular galaxy, I see that if the base blows, it'll be a massive impact on the whole galaxy. He then sends the message of “What happened to the limitless kindness I saw in you when we first met?” I then wake up.

- Phoenix

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This has been very interesting/helpful, thank you.
Also, your avatar is creepy.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander382

Glad it was helpful.

Second line.

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join