A meditation from Wandering Scribe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

This is a rather rather unexpected response, CosmicEgg.

You asked for me, or anyone on this thread, to help you identify the reason why your hands conform to mudras while you meditate.

So I did what any sensible person should do: looked for a medical, scientific answer first. Then offered the beginning steps to identifying a spiritual/mystical answer to your inquiry.

I would be curious to see why you consider this approach to be wrong.

As well, why do you think life and everything related to it cannot be mundane?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thanks for this post!

I've been trying to find a way to meditate.

I used to know this guy who meditated after a series of unfortunate events impressed themselves onto his life. It was his way of escaping reality, and it worked. He told me meditating really changed him and how he viewed life/death. He also said he could meditate for eight hours straight... which is crazy!

I tried truly meditating last night and I felt a complete mind numbness. Call it an impressed neurological error if you will, I'll say it was the product of my mini-meditation zone. It was like I truly closed my eyes and saw with my mind inexpressible feelings that I didn't consciously perceive, but just felt. I really want to learn how to meditate and this thread is definitely a starting place.

Thanks, thanks!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Loose Change

Welcome to the thread, Loose Change, feel free to try out the stages of meditation I've outlined. They're my method, but are not the only method. Several other users — on and off this thread — have their own unique methods, which I am sure they would be willing to share.

Any questions or comments are welcome, I do my best to respond to everything posted. And if I miss it, I'm sure a number of the other good people on here will make sure it's not overlooked.

Your experiences sound interesting, may I ask what method you followed to experience them?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well, yesterday, I sat in that stereotypical 'Lotus Position', and closed my eyes. I counted down from 10 to 0 and imagined myself descending down a staircase. Each step was a different consciousness, and I imagined the last step as connecting to a world of pure white consciousness. I did this and tried staying in this very neutral spot for five minutes, which was kind of hard because my mind drifted to various other topics, but I eventually returned back to a neutral state: then I stayed in this catatonic state for approximately another five minutes or so (I didn't keep track), and I felt like my eyes were rolling back and my eyeballs were melting through my eye-sockets. (This is probably a teeny bit dramatic, but this is how I felt, not really what I experienced).

And then from there, I decided that was enough, so I stopped and went to bed. This is the first time I've actually tried to do something like this.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sorry about my lack of replies everyone, it has been a very long past few weeks. I've got a day off finally, and some free time, so I think I'll respond to some things on here.

@ Loose Change

Interesting technique. I hope that none of the sensations you experienced were uncomfortable, or painful.

Have you pursued this method again since posting about it on this thread? If so, did the results differ, or were any new experiences added on to it?

@ Phoenix

Interesting chapters. The Nature of Water in relation to the Inner Life, and the ability to Overcome learned through enveloping oneself in the Inner Life. # 8 and # 43 I believe. If not, let me know as the translations in my version are different than what you posted.

What kind of meaning do you interpret from the two chapters?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Alright, let's throw something else of relevance into this thread. Dreams. I know you'll appreciate this one, Phoenix.

Anyone been having some really vivid, or lucid, dreams lately?

I've had a few really vivid, and one or two lucid, dreams this month.

I also had a dream with several cameos by people I know (11 to be exact). However, instead of the cameos being reflections on myself (as Jung and Freud would say) they were actually dreaming representations of the people they were portraying. Even more interesting, was that the entire dream could be over-layed by a single Tarot card, and the Tree of Life from the Qabala.

So, anyone else have any interesting dreams?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sorry, I meant to reply, brain shot away at the moment and not had a chance to get the Tao of Pooh and the Teh of Piglet like I planned to. Not enough hours in the day atm

Dreams? Love them, went through a period of about 2-3 weeks though beginning of August where I had no memory of any dreams which rather annoyed me.

Been having more lucid dreams this year than I've had in a long time, save for when I was in my early teens. Anyway, 22nd August my remembering of dreams kicks back in:

Was at my old secondary school and trying to find the kitchen for some reason but the layout didnt make sense from what I remembered. So looked outside at the sky and realised I was dreaming. Moved my hands apart and things stopped, the sky was then like an oil painting. But I was aware that I was too aware which caused me to wake up so I didn't get a chance to explore it.

As for vivid dreams, I had a very vivid one the next night:

People underwater, in an ice structure carved under the ice, losing integrity. See events play out one way, with a demon managing to get an object/artefact plus killing people. Saw how it used tentacle parts of itself to impale people and the people were kept half alive near it's true body while it used puppets of them, it looked almost squid/octopus like. My recurring dream visitor appears via an old sea plane (?) and gets people evacuated as best as possible, not many survive. Me, him and a friend of mine stay behind. Writing on two bits of wall, can only remember the word voodoo on one.

Visitor says there must be a time point (?) which would mean we could alter things. I see through his eyes and spot what he's talking about as we view things happening again. To the right of his head when he entered via plane, there was a small golden ships steering wheel which seems to glow with energy. We're laying on our backs, sure of what we need to do and I say "I have a bad feeling about things", Friend laughs and says "Me too." My tone goes serious "I mean it, I'm serious." Visitor says "Maybe it's your instinct."

Time then repeats, friend has written different words in the two places and I say that I remember it differently. I see the energy/spirit of the demon this time, very dark and huge, it's trying to stop me. I manage to climb up some railings to where I need to make the jump. The plane appears, I jump and I connect with the golden wheel. I hear the demon's voice in my mind "You may have succeeded but you know there are always consequences." At that point I am impaled.

It then cuts to outside, I'm just a viewer at this point, people being huddled into buildings, some with sad faces. Someone says that everyone survived except one, me.

I'm not one to normally have dreams of a demonic or religious tone, it was so vivid and bizarre. Not a clue what it means if anything.

I think that's a good enough start for you

- Phoenix

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix_zephyr

Hola Phoenix,

Welcome back. Well, if the Tao Teh King remains just out of reach, be patient and it will find it's way to you in due time. I can relate to the not-enough-hours thing. I've been working between 38 and 45 a week depending on if I stay past my required shift. Hopefully September is kinder to my poor feet than August was.

It's nice to see the lucid-capability developing slowly in you. Just keep working at it. I've been having some small lucid moments myself lately. I had a test dream (I'm sure we all hate those) where the more I tried to complete the test the longer it got. I eventually just stood up in a frustrated rage and shouted "I don't have to do this, I can just wake up". At which point I did, and fell back asleep again.

The same dream picked up where it had left off, and this time I walked out of the testing room and tried exploring the rest of the dream-location. Unfortunately, because I tried not to focus on anything too intently the rest of the school where I was test-taking had no true form. I eventually woke up when I could no longer keep an unfocused school in mind.

I actually have a similar dream experience as your August 23rd one. The same one I hinted at in my previous post. Which, actually occurred on the same night as yours did. In mine I am kidnapped by one of my friends and taken to an abandoned jail located in a tower.

The prisoners are made up of me, the user BaphometsProphet, a co-worker, a current student of mine, two once-students of mine, an ex-friend who is a hippy-druggy, and a pathetic Satanist that I know. The connecting link is we're all spiritual people.

In the dream there is a faceless-man who comes to represent the ignorance, aggression, rage, and ego of humanity all balled up into one human. This faceless human ends up being the father of the friend who kidnapped me.

The faceless man is trying to clone people, and it turns out he ended up cloning my friend, only it was a clone made of all her anger, rage, deceit, ego, and bitterness. Which is why she kidnapped all these spiritual people, the faceless man wants to try again to create the "perfect being".

The first part of the dream was about how the faceless man and the clone of my friend were experimenting on certain people (one ex-student, the druggy, the co-worker, the Satanist) to create a tri-part soul. Which he does. But it's unstable and corruptible.

The second part involved my actual friend arriving and freeing the remaining spiritual prisoners. And then we each went off to do various things. One goes to stop the "Perfect Being", I go to find my friend who freed us, BaphometsProphet ends up freeing more enslaved humans, and my other ex-student pursues the faceless man.

My current students confronts the tri-part "Perfect Being" and draws on all that is good in humanity to overcome it and destroy it. Freeing three of the people who were used to create it.

BaphometsProphet finds thousands of humans stored in lower cells where they were going to be used to create more perfect beings. He frees them all and guides them all out of the Tower.

I find my friend being attacked by her clone, and help her overcome her bitter, angry self so she can defeat her clone. Which she then locks up in the cell. At which point her father (the faceless man) confronts us saying that we may have stopped his experiments, defeated his clone, and freed his slaves, but we haven't stopped his potential.

At this point, my friend and I meet up with my student who is helping the 3 people escape and we all join BaphometsProphet outside. My ex-student, still inside, finds the faceless man and her power-thirst nature compels her to join him in his quest to force humanity to a new level of spiritual awareness. He takes her to the top of the tower and straps her to a Frankenstein-esque chair to bring the power of lighting into her.

Below, all of us escaped-people begin to pray, channel, send good things, etc, towards the tower where the faceless man is. And we end up summoning a lightning bolt which annihilates the entire tower, killing the man and my corrupted ex-student.

That was the extremely short-hand version, ha ha. But the people were all representations of themselves, not reflections of myself. And I was able to find all manner of symbolism, philosophy, and human-nature within it.

Very vivid, deep, meaningful dream. And on the same night as yours, with a similar type of villain. Only mine wasn't a demon cursing me out for having stopped it at the moment, ha ha.

Thanks for posting though, I'll give your dream a look-see and maybe we can find some interpretations for it.

~ Scribe

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

It's nice to see the lucid-capability developing slowly in you. Just keep working at it.

I can't win with them lately, either I'm lucid and wake myself too quickly or am lucid and can't wake myself up when I want to (the odd one I told you with an entity seemingly triggering the lucidity).

As for your dream, had a chill down my spine reading that

Quite bizarre that we both had corrupted clones/puppets. The golden ships wheel seems significant in mine, not just for what it was capable of doing ie changing how events turned out.

- Phoenix

[edit on 3-9-2010 by phoenix_zephyr]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well it seems my brain wants to throw another demon related dream at me, this one was somewhat surreal.

8/9/10 (Or 9/8/10 for you American peeps
) :

The area of the dream doesn't feel that big, but all I can see inititally, is snow all around me. I'm laying on the floor and it's so cold that I have difficulty breathing.

I'm then standing, looking down at a male and female unconscious in the snow, realise that the male is me and I'm likely his astral body/soul and that I'm looking through someone elses eyes which is disorientating for a moment. I then see a creature trying to compact more snow onto the bodies, trying to bury them in it.

I seem to know that this is a demon, humanoid shape, it's body is covered in lizard/dinosaur like spines and spikes. (The closest I can find to looking like its skin is this but even then it's not right)

I then see another of myself (the male) and he has a set of chain links coming from his solar plexus region, at the end of it is a stone like object that looks similar in texture to the demon's skin. Looking down at myself, I see that I also have this coming from the same area.

The other "me" is full of rage on an instinctual level, something akin to what I believe is called a Hungry ghost. So it was like this male's astral body/soul had been split into two and I was in control of the logical thinking part.

The demon then incites the other "me" to attack the unconscious female, I manage to hold him at bay briefly. This, obviously, angers me and I confront the demon as if to attack it. It laughs at me and says something along the lines of "Such a newborn wouldn't hope to stand a chance." I can't remember the exact wording. I shrug and start to charge at it. I am then woken by my alarm.

- Phoenix

edit on 8/9/2010 by phoenix_zephyr because: Clarification and fixed Link

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
edit on by phoenix_zephyr because: Double Post

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Sorry for my abscence Phoenix, I've had a busy past few weeks and some of my own spiritual awakenings and experiences have been superceding my ATS posting abilities. I'm back now though, with some time to try and tackle the dreams you've been having. So, here goes...

Have you been experimenting with any type of spiritual or magickal techniques lately? This dream, along with the previous one, sound a lot like they might be some kind of internal conflict between your Higher Self and Lower Self. The male/female partners lying in the snow could represent the duality of nature: light/dark, male/female, anima/animus, High/Low, etc. At the same time, your/the split astral body seems to reflect this nature too. The "demon" might just represent the veil between worlds.

Kind of like you're on the verge of learning something new, or unlocking some potential you have. However, a part of you is maybe scared to embrace it. So it's creating this "demon" which is trying to hold you back. Perhaps it's something as simple as achieving controlled lucidity, or maybe it's something more psychic and spiritual. In either case, I think what you need is to keep reinforcing yourself and your position. Embrace your ability and skill, rather than fearing it. The fear might even be an unconscious fear of the "loss of control" your body feels when your consciousness takes over.

Keep a tab on your dreams, see how many more times this split-conscious, or the demon, manifests itself and how often you touch on the verge of lucidity. I'm pretty confident that your internal awakening is offsetting your psyche and causing these not-quite-nightmare, but still unsettling, dreams to occur. I think you're stronger than the fear though, as evidenced by the "demon" running away from your assault in the guise of the alarm clock waking you up.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Sorry for my abscence Phoenix

Not a problem, I'm getting to the point with work where most days are blending into one

Have you been experimenting with any type of spiritual or magickal techniques lately?

As above, nothing different other than my usual trying to seek answers.

This dream, along with the previous one, sound a lot like they might be some kind of internal conflict between your Higher Self and Lower Self. The male/female partners lying in the snow could represent the duality of nature: light/dark, male/female, anima/animus, High/Low, etc. At the same time, your/the split astral body seems to reflect this nature too. The "demon" might just represent the veil between worlds.

Interesting, makes sense, though I wonder why I was male in the dream.

Kind of like you're on the verge of learning something new, or unlocking some potential you have. However, a part of you is maybe scared to embrace it. So it's creating this "demon" which is trying to hold you back.

This just echoes similar things that have been said to me over the past year or so:

"You're going to have to turn around and face the dark at some point."
"There's something you're ignoring, something right in front of you that you appear to be blind to."

Feels like I'm scrabbling around in the dark

Perhaps it's something as simple as achieving controlled lucidity, or maybe it's something more psychic and spiritual. In either case, I think what you need is to keep reinforcing yourself and your position. Embrace your ability and skill, rather than fearing it. The fear might even be an unconscious fear of the "loss of control" your body feels when your consciousness takes over.

Controlled lucidity I'd love to achieve, I just need to try not to wake myself up from it
Oh while I remember, did you ever find anything out about dream wraiths?

Keep a tab on your dreams, see how many more times this split-conscious, or the demon, manifests itself and how often you touch on the verge of lucidity. I'm pretty confident that your internal awakening is offsetting your psyche and causing these not-quite-nightmare, but still unsettling, dreams to occur.

I plan to, not really remembered much the past few days due to rushing about after waking which tends to make me forget. One I remember bits of on Tuesday morning had me being chased a long way while I was in possession of a dark wooden plain snake statue. I had to get it to King Richard the Lionheart and I didn't manage to before I woke. I came across an injured knight along the way.

Thanks for the insight

- Phoenix

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Not a problem, I'm getting to the point with work where most days are blending into one

Unfortunately for me my work days haven't begun blending, probably because my scheduling manager keeps giving me slightly altered schedules week-to-week. I always work the same amount of hours, and days, but never the same shifts as the week before. I close a bunch too, so I won't get out of work 'til after 10. And then I usually hit the streets by myself or with a student and will walk the lake, or the town, or some obscure neighborhood for several hours before finally turning in to meditate and then sleep.

As above, nothing different other than my usual trying to seek answers

The simple quest of seeking answers can be the gateway to all manner of weird experiences. The mystical, spiritual, magickal, or Divine are usually triggered just by seeking. So, perhaps your seeking is causing some kind of intra-cosmic rotations. I'm sure if you keep pushing you'll figure out what is happening, and, if you're lucky, you'll also figure out why.

Interesting, makes sense, though I wonder why I was male in the dream.

Hmmm, I don't really have an answer for this one right now. I can tell you that it's not an unheard of dream experience. A co-worker at the job I used to work also had a couple of dreams where he was a woman, one time he even dreamed he was his significant other.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say it's some kind of a subconscious symbol; possibly something about your animus/anima being off-balanced. Maybe you're showing signs of an increased masculine nature? Though what traits you'd consider male and female would probably be up to your own interpretation.

his just echoes similar things that have been said to me over the past year or so

Well, narrowing down what exactly it is that you're "scrabbling in the dark" to find... would probably require a more personal psychological profiling of you at this moment in your life. Which would probably not be something wise to do on a public forum, especially one like ATS.

It could relate to your work-ethic, or job environment.
Possibly some unsettled tension at home.
Maybe there's something you want that's just out of reach.
There could be some unbalanced emotion between you and your other half.
Financial, or career well-being might be threatened.
Maybe you're slowly catching some kind of sickness.

I'm sure that small little list of blind guesses can go on and on and on. But, again, this seems like a piece of the puzzle that's going to require your own personal reflection since I don't think making any personal shortcoming public on ATS is a good idea.

Controlled lucidity I'd love to achieve, I just need to try not to wake myself up from it

Practice! Practice! Practice! You'll get the hang of it and it'll start happening for you.

while I remember, did you ever find anything out about dream wraiths

Unfortunately, almost every culture has some kind of "being" which is capable of influencing dreams. Portents, demons, ghosts, ancestral spirits, etc. So, narrowing down your Visitor might be a little bit more difficult. Especially if in his last visit he wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Maybe he's more of a spirit guide than a threatening presence?

Well, there's a beautiful storm striking my town right now, so I'm going to close up here and go play in the rain. Hopefully this helps you out some.

~ Scribe

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm sure if you keep pushing you'll figure out what is happening, and, if you're lucky, you'll also figure out why.

I hope so

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say it's some kind of a subconscious symbol; possibly something about your animus/anima being off-balanced. Maybe you're showing signs of an increased masculine nature? Though what traits you'd consider male and female would probably be up to your own interpretation.

No more than usual that a know of, I work in a predominately male work environment but nothing has changed recently.

Well, narrowing down what exactly it is that you're "scrabbling in the dark" to find...

It's more how I feel when I have different unrelated people basically saying the same thing, that spiritually, there's something I'm missing, something glaringly obvious, that I appear to be blind to and it's frustrating, which probably doesn't help

It could relate to your work-ethic, or job environment.
Possibly some unsettled tension at home.
Maybe there's something you want that's just out of reach.
There could be some unbalanced emotion between you and your other half.
Financial, or career well-being might be threatened.
Maybe you're slowly catching some kind of sickness.

Only the "something out of reach" is applicable, but then that could apply to most people in most situations, we all strive for something.

I'm sure that small little list of blind guesses can go on and on and on. But, again, this seems like a piece of the puzzle that's going to require your own personal reflection since I don't think making any personal shortcoming public on ATS is a good idea.

Absolutely, it's why I find most dream interpretation books to be silly as different dream aspects mean different things to different people. You can't have someone tell you your path, you have to find that out for yourself.

Practice! Practice! Practice! You'll get the hang of it and it'll start happening for you.

If I had them more often I'd be able to.

Unfortunately, almost every culture has some kind of "being" which is capable of influencing dreams. Portents, demons, ghosts, ancestral spirits, etc. So, narrowing down your Visitor might be a little bit more difficult. Especially if in his last visit he wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Maybe he's more of a spirit guide than a threatening presence?

That's pretty much what I thought and I've had nothing since the two encounters. Ah my mistake, the recent Visitor (perhaps I'll get around to naming him at some point) is different from the one that was in the two dreams I told you about. Visitor A (benign) started appearing around the start of 2009, whereas Visitor B (hostile feel) only occurred in two dreams, both of which were lucid-ish. I've never had lucidity with Visitor A, else I'd have asked him what he was doing there or at least get a name
And yes, I think you're right, Visitor A feels like a guide of sorts, he has that old friend feel to him.

Well, there's a beautiful storm striking my town right now, so I'm going to close up here and go play in the rain. Hopefully this helps you out some.

Ah the beauty of storms, had one on the way from work the other night, so soaked that I didn't care

Had a whole plethora of dreams this morning, I even slept in until 11am which I never do, normally up before 9am when I don't have to be in work early. So I think I needed the sleep

Not a whole lot of detail from the dreams, but there was a lot of "wake up, turn over, go back to sleep, continue same dream" which I love when that happens.

Only two dreams really stuck in my memory:

Dream one:

Me and my other half in the dream. It's some sort of clue hunt, sort of like a treasure hunt where you work out where you need to go from the clue and the next clue is at the solution area. Anyway, we've left our clue at home, but I somehow manage to be lucky and find the next clue by accident. We go through getting each clue and at the end is a long letter, as a prize I guess. I can't remember for the life of me what it said but I know that I could read what it said dispite the fact that the letters of the words were wrong (in that gibberish type way that dreams tend to have sometimes with written words), I specifically knew that my nickname was spelt wrong on it.

Dream two:

The room I'm in feels like a tech lab of some sort, had a sci fi feel to it. Someone is standing on a small platform and is mentally/psychically trying to stop someone/something from coming through. They're strong but they don't have quite enough energy, they are slowly losing the battle. Without thinking, I place two hands on them and mentally help boost them. It works but I am left very drained and slump to my knees, I feel rough hands on my shoulders and then lose consciousness.

I am then on a large space station of sorts, think death star size, and I have no memory of what's just occurred, like my memory has been wiped. I have been made to believe that I have always been at this station and never outside of it. I find a small note with a cryptic sentence (can't remember what it said) that seemed to hint that not everything was as it should be, that something was wrong. I find several more and each seem to nudge at my hidden memories as I start to remember bits and pieces. Without ever seeing him in the dream, I seem to *know* that these notes are from Visitor A and that he is helping without being discovered.

Both dreams seem to have a written notes theme to them.

Thanks for your opinions on these by the way, it's always nice to have a different perspective on things.

- Phoenix

edit on 16/9/2010 by phoenix_zephyr because: clarification

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Sorry for my absence lately, Phoenix. I caught Pneumonia and ended up resorting to some pretty nasty shamanic treatments as an attempt to cure it. I did get better faster than if I had gone the medical-science route; I'm up on my feet again and was even able to work my previous two shifts at work. So, measured, I'd say the results have outweighed the risks... though I'm not likely to consider such treatment again for a very, very long time.

As to the substance of your previous reply:

If surface level psychoanalysis has failed at interpretting your recent dream themes and topics (which by your replies it seems like it has) then we're left with 4 possible alternative routes to take:

• Freudian Psychological approach
• Jungian Pyschological approach
• Spiritual Interpretation
• They're just regular non-meaning dreams

I, personally, am very frequently plagued by Jungian archetypes of the Shadow Self in my dreams. So I'm pretty good at picking out the archetypal nature of a person's Shadow in their dreams. I'm not so good with Freud and his beliefs on childhood trauma and joy resulting in all dreams, actions, behaviors, and the like because I never gave much credence to Freudian psychology. Just about anyone can do the spiritual analysis, since it's what is most often covered in dream dictionaries the world over. And, finally, they could just be regular REM induced dreams without any meaning, purpose, or hidden potential.

Freud, Spiritism, and nonsense dreaming aside, I think the demonic figure, your friendly visitor, and your unfriendly visitor are all most likely archetypal in nature. Obviously representing some part of you (your conscious), your hidden self (subconscious), or your unknown self (unconscious). Maybe the next time you have a dream wherein a demon, Visitor A, or, Visitor B show up try writing down any feelings, images, or thoughts you have concerning one of them upon waking. Such an exercise, if done honestly, might help you better identify who they are, why they haunt you, and what can be done for, or about them.

Hope something in all of this here has helped you out, or does help you out, in some way.

~ Scribe

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
No need to apologise, like I said, it's just nice to have someone else's opinion outside of my own head on it. Hope you're feeling better, there's flu going around our way at the moment, new students starting University, coming from all over the country, so a nice mix of germs
Thankfully I've managed to dodge it this year, though my other half hasn't been so lucky. He's spent the past few days hacking his lungs up
Luckily though his immune system is more robust than most and he'll shrug it off in no time, maybe I've temporarily borrowed his immune system because illness normally hits me hard and I've showed no symptoms as of yet

Yeah, not really one for Freudian psychology myself, just seems silly
Regular REM induced dreams? Where's the fun in that

I've always been of the belief that some dreams mean more than others and these particular ones *feel* more vivid, they *feel* different and always have done since I can remember. Whether there's a reason for this, I don't know, it could be that these are precursers to lucid dreams or something like that.

Both dreams that Visitor B has been in, have had lucidity elements to them. So he possibly represents a part of my mind that's trying to achieve lucidity or that's grounded in reality, possibly (as you mentioned to me) an entity who happens to cause lucidity as a side effect.

Visitor A, as I've said, has that old friend feel to him, not always the same face but I know it's him. Some dreams I'm helping him with something, sometimes it's reversed and he's helping me (like the recent one). On occasion where I have felt depressed in a dream, he's helped bring me out of it. Maybe he represents part of my inner strength? Maybe he's a guide? Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part
Maybe he's someone dream walking?

And thank you for taking the time to reply, whether just in my mind or not, it's refreshing to have another's point of view on things. I do feel like I am hogging your thread though and I apologise. Anyone else is free to give their views on my crazy dreams or add their own

- Phoenix

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i really enjoyed this and want to see all the other positions. I never use any of those positions when i meditate, i'll take some pictures, since my positions seem to be much different then those.

edit on 24-9-2010 by WanderingThe3rd because: fix

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
do ye have experience with anything other than the buddhist meditiation system? i've nothing against buddhism, i find it refreshingly honest, but i am curious if ye know of correlations with other systems of meditation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join