It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A meditation from Wandering Scribe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

I've been circling the Gray Area and other similar forums for a while now. While reading about ETs, contact, the Matrix and more I commonly see the contactees discussing the influence and power of meditation.

However, what I have yet to see is anyone lay out a method for doing just that. It is my opinion that contactees are too quick to just say "go ahead and do it, and you'll see how it works" without even trying to help anyone seeking to actually meditate.

It is my hope to change this. This thread will simply be a place for me to outline one of my meditation practices. The hope being that anyone who is reading about receiving spiritual/extra-terrestrial contact will now have a thread to refer to for a means to possibly receive their own communications.

A few things though, before I post my "How to" manual.

1) MODERATORS - I do not know the proper forum to put this under. I am posting it in this one as it is a personal-experience of sorts. Please feel free to move it to a more suitable forum if you can think of one.

2) Advanced Students - if you meditate on a regular basis, and have had great luck doing so, this is not for you. This is meant to be an introductory meditative exercise for those who have never done so before.

3) Beginner Students - this meditative exercise is not guaranteed to hyperlink you with the Pleoshan, or to help you hone in on the personal call-waiting for Shiva. It is meant to teach you the necessary steps and phases of mastering yourself so that such things may become possible.

4) I will post each "Step" as a response to this one. I would ask that all replies kindly be held back until I have posted each step. This way interested parties may read through the entire "How to" without interruption for tangents and side-conversation.

Once I have posted all of the "Steps" as replies, please feel free to comment, or discuss, or offer your own input towards meditation, or spirituality, or anything else you'd like. I welcome all of your comments, assuming they are of a serious nature, and are not spam/trolling.

I am typing up the first step now, please be patient with me.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

STEP ONE: ASANA

Asana is a term that means "posture", and refers to exactly that. The first step in any meditative exercise is to find the most appropriate pose/position for the student to practice in.

Now, there are a number of poses/positions which may be utilized depending on versatility, flexibility, and other physical ailments a student may possess. I will link to images of several of the more common ones, and explain a little about them first.

• The Lotus Position is the most commonly seen position. It is a stereotypical Hindu/Buddhist meditation stance. It is also quite taxing on the lower extremities if you are not the most flexible of people. Please use caution when attempting this position.

• The Sleeping Dragon Position is also a very common, and not very taxing position that the student may utilize. The Sleeping Dragon offers rigidity, and comfort while being easy to maintain. This is one of my personal favorite poses.

• The Sitting God Position is probably the easiest position for beginner students to utilize. It is very comfortable, and easy to maintain. I would recommend anyone who has never meditated to start with this pose.

• The Sleeper Position is very deceiving. The student may believe it is easy, as it is simply laying down. However, meditation is not a process of falling asleep, so the student must learn to maintain this position while remaining conscious. If this can be done, the Sleeper is a very popular position.

These are just four introductory positions. There are numerous more which can be found by simply studying the internet, or books on meditation. I would highly recommend this, as one of my 4 positions may not be the right one for you. Take your time and explore the positions carefully.

In your exploration you will want to search for two factors in relation to the position that you choose:

1) Rigidity. The position must cause tension upon your limbs and body when you straighten your back and spine. This tension must not be devastating though, only enough to put some strain on your body.

2) Comfort. Meditation is often a long process. If you cannot remain stationary in your chosen position for at least 10 minutes then you should seek a different position. Do not feel bad if the position you think looks cool is not within your capabilities right now, they are all of equal value.

Now, here is what you must do during the Asana Phase:

A meditative position must be decided upon, this is reached by testing each position out. You must be able to remain in the position with minimum movement for at least 10 minutes time.

Once you have done this, you should assume your position and close your eyes. Almost immediately you will feel physical stimuli assaulting your body. You will ache, feel the need to move, itch, and desire action.

The practice of Asana requires the dismissal of all of these physical stimuli. When you itch, do not scratch. When you feel sore, do not move. When you feel impatient you must relax and calm yourself.

Asana requires a complete mastery over your physical, bodily stimuli for a minimum of ten minutes. I personally believe that the student must demonstrate this mastery on at least 5 separate occasions before advancing.

A word of advice: do not attempt more than one Asana session per third-of-a-day. Meaning, try only once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once in the evening while learning to master the Asana stage. Too much more may cause physical distress. So please be careful not to over-work your body.

This has been Step One: Asana. I will now work on step two.

~ Wandering Scribe

[edit on 10/7/10 by Wandering Scribe]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
appreciate it wandering scribe i was going to dig up that big mediation thread but this was made pretty easy

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

STEP TWO: PRANAYAMA

Pranayama is the ability to recognize, stabilize, and control one's own breathing — and possibly heart-beat as well — through mental willpower. An ability which is more difficult then one might assume by just reading the abstract.

First, the student must be able to achieve Asana during every meditation period before he/she should consider moving towards Pranayama. Distractions indulged in will ultimately upset the cycle of breathing, thus ruining the student's attempt to master Pranayama.

Once the student has mastered Pranayama they must then recognize their own natural breathing. For some people this will mean short and quick exhalation/inhalations. For others it will mean long exhalations and inhalations.

When the student recognizes his/her breathing pattern the next step is to alter it. This is done by consciously controlling your breathing. Start by exhaling for a count of 4 seconds. Then pause for a single second, and finish by inhaling for a count of 4 seconds. The student should repeat this process until he/she feels as if this new breathing pattern is normal.

Be warned, this may not be a quick process. You may have to breathe for several minutes before your consciousness recognizes the slow inhalations and exhalations as common. As well, it is likely that the body will hype up any physical stimuli felt during this time, so the student must also be prepared to maintain Asana while doing Pranayama.

After the student feels comfortable with their Pranayama they should stop the lesson. A minimum of 4 more sessions should be completed before the student should consider themselves a Pranayama master.

Entire schools of meditation and Yoga begin and end with Pranayama practices, so do not consider this step to be inconsequential. It is very important towards calming the body and its nerves. It also might be beneficial to your life span and human health according to science.

Once the student has consecutively mastered Asana and Pranayama 5 times he/she will be ready to advance to the next stage. Which I am presently typing up.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

STEP THREE: THE MANTRA

A mantra is a word, or phrase, that conveys intellectual, emotional, or physical stimulus to the one who is saying it. In short, they are powerful words, or phrases that get our spirit in gear. It should be pretty obvious then that once we have cut off physical stimuli, and tamed our breathing that the next step would be to charge our spirit.

Now, a mantra may come from anywhere in your life. Maybe a favorite quote, or a favorite word. Maybe it's something someone told you once that rings true in your mind. Or maybe you read it in a book, or saw it in a movie. Whatever the case, the most important aspect of a mantra is that it's meaning is important on a personal level to you.

Here are a couple mantra ideas for you to consider:

Aum mani padme hum is the stereotypical Hindu mantra. It means "Oh, the Jewel of the Universe". If you were going to use this mantra you would need to first internalize it's meaning so it ignited an emotional/intellectual fire within you.

Sapientia sapienti dona data is a Latin phrase meaning "wisdom is given to the wise". This was my personal mantra for many years (I have a new one now). Once again, you will need to internalize the meaning for use.

I am, because I was; I will be again, because is a circular phrase (meaning it ends by starting again) that I know is not my own invention, but the author of which escapes me right now. I know I read it somewhere, so this is an example of using a poetic quote as a mantra. The meaning is obvious.

Feel free to search out other pre-formed mantras, or to discover one for yourself from your own life and experiences. Most important, you must develop some kind of internal meaning for your mantra in relation to yourself.

Now, here is one method for utilizing a mantra:

Begin by saying the mantra out-loud, 10 times, slowly. This get's the student acquainted with the phrasing, flow, and sound of the mantra.

Begin a second round of saying the mantra out-loud. Only speak it slightly faster this time through. This begins the ingraining process.

On the third round string all 10 repetitions together. You will most likely run out of breath during this point. When you do, begin to internally speak the mantra, while attempting to focus on Pranayama control externally.

When the student has achieved a complete Pranayama inhalations/exhalation, while internally stating their mantra the student has achieved the goal of this phase, meaning that the internal mental faculties, and the external physical faculties have worked in conjunction by the student's will.

When the student can achieve 5 consecutive Pranayama breaths, while repeating their mantra in their mind the student has mastered this step and may advance.

Step four will be posted shortly.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

STEP FOUR: PRATYAHARA

Pratyahara is the process by which we may still an unquiet mind. There is some discussion over whether this process is necessary, or even useful in meditation. Some schools of thought believe that free-thought meditation is most beneficial.

At times I agree with them that letting the mind wander during meditation is important. However, my own meditation instructions included Pratyahara as a step, so I include it here for all of you as well.

Immediately the student may recognize that by repeating the mantra, and successfully attaining Pranayama 5 times their mind is quite still. This is true, until the student stops internally chanting their mantra. Which is a necessary step in this meditative exercise.

After the student feels his internal mind, and external body are unified he/she should cease repeating the mantra. This action will be followed by a flood of thoughts, and stimuli washing over the mind and body.

Pratyahara is the willful attempt to not attach yourself to any of these thoughts, or sensations. Such that they may all fall away as if water running down the window of your mind. The student may become angered when attempting this, discovering it is almost impossible to ignore his/her own thoughts.

This is true. Instead the student should work to attain one-pointedness. Meaning, the student should pick a thought of importance which he/she will focus intently on until all other thoughts are quieted and dismissed.

This single thought should be something very simple, like a white point in the blackness of your mind. Or a black point in a whiteness in the blackness of your mind. Focus on this point until all other thoughts have fallen away.

Achieve this one-pointedness 5 times before advancing to the next step of this meditative exercise.

Step 5 will be up shortly.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

STEP FIVE: DHARANA

Dharana is a measure of controlled focus. A logical step following the quieting of the mind. This controlled focus, like the quieting of the mind, is an entirely mental process. It begins with a transition, from the one-pointedness thought, to an image/point in existence which is the students purpose for meditating.

For example, I may shift from focusing on the white point (when all other thoughts have faded away) to focusing on the image of my deity.

The student may move from focusing on the point to the image of a Nordic ET, or a star in the Pleiades constellation. Perhaps you wish to try and reach a Norse deity, in which case you would focus on the image of the deity, or one of Its many symbolic manifestations.

The true skill of Dharana is what follows this new image. After envisioning the new image/thought/space the student must attempt to focus on it without giving it a life of its own. The student must not make it speak, move, or change in any way/shape/form.

This attempt must be recorded, primarily on the fingers. Every time that you, the student, enact some kind of change in the image you've conjured raise one finger in one hand. When all 10 have been raised end the exercise.

The goal is to extend the exercise so that you do not raise all 10 fingers before breaking through to the final stage/s of this meditation. When this is achieved, you will be a proficient student in this meditative exercise.

The final stage/s are called Dhyana/Samadhi, and will be briefly discussed in my next, and final reply. I open the thread up to comments and inquiries after I finish the next reply.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

STEP SIX: DHYANA/SAMADHI

Dhyana and Samadhi are two states of being equivalent to Bliss and Nirvana. Thus, it is not my place to tell YOU what YOU will experience in relation to Bliss or Enlightenment.

You may receive communication from the being you are seeking. Perhaps you will uncover some vital satori concerning yourself. Maybe you will have a brief internal discussion with your Higher Self.

If you asked me what you would experience during this phase, I would reply mu.

These two steps — they may occur simultaneously, or years apart during separate meditations — will be known to you, and only you, when they occur.

I wish you luck, and good blessings during your meditative and spiritual quests.

Alech Hai.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Thank you so much!

It's strange that you created this thread just as I was recently(past 2 days) wishing to learn to do meditation after doing research into Buddhism. I agreed with almost every aspect of that religion, and to my surprise it was not dogmatic in any way. Meditation is a huge part of Buddhism and on the path towards enlightenment/Nirvana which I hope to achieve in my next life as a demi-god or hopefully a god, depending on the how far I reach in my current life.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thank you for the reply, Misoir.

I've just gotten so tired of "oh, go meditate and you'll learn it all!" that I decided to clarify that meditation is not a one way ticket to enlightenment, but is in fact a skill which must be mastered in steps and practiced for a lifetime, or many, before receiving the ultimate results.

When I have to identify a religious affiliation (taxes, school things, etc) I choose Buddhism — seeing as Pagan, Spiritualist, Theosophist, Occultist and others aren't available — because I most closely relate to it's message and meanings.

Are you pursuing Mahayana (like Tantra Buddhism), Hinayana (like the Therevada school), Zen, Tibetan or something else if I might ask?

Anyway, welcome to the thread and thank you for the gracious comment.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Thank you so much- I have been searching for a guide for some time now.

I will be practicing all of the above....

Thank you again.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I have two threads, one is concerned with waking up to source, the other is manifesting. I cannot do anything too rigorous, and the best results are from simple meditation. In fact have had deep experiences from listening to hemisync and whales/dolphins, even era and vangelis while doing dishes, or repetitive chores, like laundry, and if you lie down to this.

Several of my friends have a hard time stilling their minds, and I point out you don't have to. The method for not stilling the mind, or freeform goes like this. With or without music, I have lots on my threads, will include 3 favorites here. You simply lay down, laying is better than sitting, the object here is to not feel uncomfortable or aware of body.

Slow down your breathing but don't focus on doing it right, make sure its comfortable, so you don't need to think of it.

Zenmind is the goal, mindlessness. But thinking of body doesnt help.

Now, with thoughts, try to achieve observing them as if third party, let them drift by. Pay attention only lightly to them. I cover my eyes. As soon as you see colors in your mind, focus on them. If you hear ringing in your ears, focus on it. When you feel vibrations focus them.

You can go for 30 minutes, to 2 hours like this. You can program yourself when you are deep enough as in affirmations, or simple ones, Who am I? Why am I here? Help me to wake up and love more. I wish to help.

Or attempt your goal. Focus on a star, its your home. Or the blue mists of pleaides, or the past, present, future issues you wish to. You could attempt freeform, remote viewing (not the official kind that takes cordinates, but a targetted kind). Anything goes here. You could send love and healing to a friend.

With the wish to make contact, its important to really ask who you are, and to increase love and awareness. To say your wish to remember. To be love not fear. To increase viberations, to resolve issues. Meditation can really help on all of these issues, this is getting in touch with your inner self. Vedas. Budda. These can all help if you like to study.

You can ask those questions several times, maybe 10 times before sleep and say I will remember who I am, and will have a dream that I will recall that will (fill in the blank).

Sungazing. Stare into the sun, then close your eyes, those colors are often chakra ones, and let them code. Thank the energy, always. Talk to Higher Self while doing this.
Ask those questions.

To try and connect to Higher Self, or to be more of yourself, its akin to Tai Chi or QuiQong, in your abdomen, your "inner star" is a symbol. Its like allowing, seeing more of you, more sunlight, bubbling up like a well within, see more light weling up within, seek that connection. The input signal is the rays of the sun.

I'll add more, a few links and vidoes in a moment.

edit to add:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

my two

Skyfloatings:
ATS.X: Alien Contact Meditation

Tuning in to Extraterrestrial Contact

Era Tara Shahti Mantra

528 - 396 Solfeggio Hemisync Mix '___' Endorphin Release Centering

Also Theta/Alpha. Dolphins and Whales on my two threads, these really raise frequency.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Interesting thread, I have been reading about meditation but I didn't really know where to start. Thanks, this will give me a starting point.

I did find it weird that when I found this thread it had 11 responses and 11 flags...I see this set of numbers in many things so I feel I found this thread for a reason at this time.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

Your welcome, Triple Helix. Glad to have helped you along your journey. Good luck, and you can always come back and inquire if you need anymore help with anything.

~ Scribe

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Hello mblahnikluver,

The 11:11 symbolism seems to be popping up quite frequently right now on ATS. I've been skimming some of the 11:11 threads that are showing up in various boards across the forum.

Numerological associations are sometimes fun to pursue, but I try not to lose my head to them. Maybe you will find some more answers while pursuing a meditative path.

Good luck, and feel free to drop by again if you need any help with any of the steps. This is, afterall, just a simple few-post thread without too much in-depth detail.

I'm here to help answer any questions to may have.

~ Scribe

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hey there Scribe, this is a great thread for anyone wanting to get to grips with meditation ... just be sure to keep an eye on things ... you know there will be people who try to turn this thread into something that has no sense of reality.

Let's face it there are enough of those kind of threads floating around ... this one needs to be kept 'clean'.

People wanting to learn the reality of meditations and the door opening this involves are going to love this.

Woody

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Greetings Unity, welcome to my thread.

I would like to first preface this by stating clearly, for the record, that I have heard of the techniques you espouse (whale songs, dolphin sounds, sun-gazing, guided-meditation, and the like).

I would also like to clearly assert — for future reference — that I have practiced these techniques as well.

Now then, onto the substance of your post, and my reply.

To begin with, you are confusing meditation with several other theories, practices, and spiritual philosophies. Which is OK, many beginners into the field of spirituality make many of the same mistakes that you have made. Let me outline them for you in a course I'll call "What Meditation is Not".

WHAT MEDITATION IS NOT:

Listening to Whale songs and Dolphin noises is not meditation. This is a form of natural connection, nature vibrations and rhythms. It has a time and a place, and can be very calming in nature. It is not meditation though.

Hemisync, Binaurals, and other neurological-musical motifs are not meditation either. They are scientifically developed neurological aids for inducing, and controlling, proper sleep schedules based on the recognition by your brain of it's own Alpha and Delta waves.

Sun-gazing is not a form of meditation. It can also be dangerous if not practiced properly. Please, for the future, be sure to include warning that staring into the sun can damage retinas, cause blindness, and the like. What sun-gazing does is re-energize your body. It is called solar-re-energizing. There are small metallic bands people can buy which do the same thing. Our bodies require sunlight to thrive, survive, and work. This is not meditation, it is biology.

The Astral Body, the Higher Self, and the Body of Light are not meditative concepts. They are a concept of another practice called mediation, or god-form assumption. To the spiritualist these bodies are very important, but you do not reach out to them by meditating. Mediation and God-form Assumption are entirely different practices, not to be confused with meditation.

Finally, guided-meditation (where you pose a question, repeat a question, focus heavily on a question) before meditating, sleeping, etc is not meditation either. Despite containing the term in it's name. I work with the niece of Caroline Myss, author of many books on Spirituality and guided-meditation, who also holds multiple workshops on guided-meditation and spiritual healing throughout the year. The two practices are not the same.

What you have outlined, Unity, is spiritual healing, mediation, Hermetic principles of Rhythm, New-Age vibration theories, and neurological-biological health advancements. Not meditation.

So then, what is meditation? Sidhartha Guatama—the Tathagata—or as you know him, the Buddha, discusses meditation and the True Mind throughout several Buddhist texts.

An important one being the Surangama Sutra.

In the first chapter of the Surangama Sutra the Buddha has a discussion with his disciple Ananda about the nature of the mind, and the origin of perception. The Buddha asks many questions of Ananda, such as:

• Where do your perceiving organs exist?
• How do the organs of perception work?
• Where does that which you perceive exist?
• Where does your mind exist?
• How do your mind and the organs of perception work?
• Does your mind perceive through your eyes?
• Do your eyes perceive through your mind?
• What is the origin of mind?

And many more. These are all done to lead Ananda into stating false assumptions about the mind, and perception. Thus, the Buddha is given leeway into discussing the difference between the Worldly Mind and the True Mind. How all conceptions of connection and association—whether to world, nature, higher self—are perceptions of the Worldly Mind. The True Mind is entirely disconnected from all of these conceptions, perceptions, and theories.

So, the goal of meditation is not to seek answers, to follow thoughts, to understand the self, or any of that. It is to disconnect from the Worldly Mind, which perceives those things, and instead connect to the True Mind—the Zen Mind—which holds no such arbitrary, discriminating thoughts of connection to any type of spiritual or physical concept.

Dhyana, Samadhi, and eventually Nirvana, are not concepts related to extra-terrestrials, or love, or the Higher Self. They are what they are, and what they are is places between the realms of conceptualization. Much as the Ain Soph Aur, the Ain Soph, and the Ain of Qabalah are.

Do you see the difference?

So, to your friends who have trouble stilling the mind, I would not encourage them to fantasize. Do not ask them to design their own answers before-hand, and then feel spiritual when their mind formulated ideas and concepts based on what they have been thinking about extensively.

That is not meditation.

Your troubled friends should instead be encouraged to practice, and devote their whole being to the art of which they are seeking attainment. Meditation does not come lightly, you must seek it with your whole being before it will be opened to you.

I sincerely hope that you find your way, Unity.

[edit on 12/8/10 by Wandering Scribe]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Thanks for stopping by Woody,

Yeah, I can already see the confusion between meditation and other types of New-Age spirituality creeping in. I did my best to respond with a clear-head and sources to one such person already.

This is one method of meditation that has worked for me for years. I don't intend for this to be a thread where anyone who thinks they've had a divine vision can just come in and post some nickel-store dime-back novel version of meditation.

I would like to keep this thread clean. Meditation with a purpose, and a history. With appropriately outlined stages and steps to achieve real meditative discoincidence instead of self-guided fantasies of grandeur.

So, hopefully I can do so. As long as people show interest, have questions, or want clarification I plan to keep this thread bookmarked so they can always get the help they need when they do.

Someday I may ask you about hypnosis and past-life regression. I've always been interested in the practice, but I don't really trust the books available on the market to teach the technique appropriately.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I have seen 1111 and 44 most of my life. I never really put thought into until I started reading about numerology. I found even more info when I joined ATS. I find it coincidence many times but other times it's like these numbers are screaming in my face...very odd indeed.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I usually use sungazing/sunblinking but the persons eyes will determine that. I cannot stare for long and don't believe that it damages the retina. If done over time, it actually changes the shape of your retina, and it increases the size of your pineal. I've had many frequency changes, and vibrational states begin during sungazing. Its also your phone line home. Go about it as cautiously as you wish, and for everyone I know it is a cautious thing, eyes water if you don't blink.

And all the things I said were meditation and meditative states: are. You can even do walking meditations. The music are tools, aids, for combining left and right hemispheres, and the whales and dolphins are tools and aids for increasing your frequency. Accessing right hemisphere and inducing higher frequency are the best and most important tools you can use in any form of meditation, and I prefer freeform. I have tried many, they don't induce gateway, or frequency shifts, or bring about psi, and memories and connections faster thant the methods I've just given.

The other people use methods that make it into a body issue, make you aware of how darned uncomfortable you are, its not zenmind. In zenmind, you lose the sense of being in your body. You can even achieve by listening to hemisync/binaurals,/whales and dolhpins and doing a huge pile of dishes or folding laundry, asking for a few minutes, who you are, and why you're here, or affirmationse.

I've been in this argument before. There are many definitions of meditation, the main point of it, is to achieve gateway, frequency change, right hemisphere, theta or alpha state.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Unity_99]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join