It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10:28pm Eastern, July 10th: Did anyone else see that?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

it was seen from newjersey, chicago up to niagara falls...that would be one hell of a firework haha

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

Could it have something to do with an asteroid that was due to pass this weekend? I read somewhere about it maybe someone can add?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

Could it have something to do with an asteroid that was due to pass this weekend? I read somewhere about it maybe someone can add?

It was no asteroid. It flew far lower than a plane that was above it. Read about my sighting of it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit: spelling

[edit on 11-7-2010 by dlifesjrny]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dlifesjrny

sorry pal was just trying to help

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

no need to apologize. no one knows what it was, just speculation. your points as valid as the next. you just didnt know all the stories, no need to apologize

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I saw the same thing in Dallas / Fort Worth Texas. I'd say around 11-midnight.

It moved about 3 inches (Measuring with fingers roughly at arms length) in about 45 minutes. How fast that works out to, I don't know, hold your arm out, guesstimate 3 inches and you'll get an idea how far it moved in 30-45 minutes of us standing there.

I setup a tripod after a bit and recording a 2 minute footage, and the first time a shorter footage.

The 2 minute footage had a plane fly by overhead, so good point of reference for brightness, as well as speed of movement.

I opened the video in VLC / Videolan player, opened up the tools, then zoomed the "bright thing" and you can see that it clearly moves over the course of 2 minutes.

*NOTE* The thing in the top left is just a bad pixel on my camera.

I uploaded the videos (Taken with a Kodak V1073 camera) as well as a couple pics (Unfortunately had flash, making them really dim, but you can see definition when zoomed in, at least that it's not a solid sphere, more heavy light on top than on bottom, clear gradient).

But I am 100% sure this is the same object, it has to be that your talking about, it happened on the night of July 10th around 11-12, and when you looked at it, it was clearly brighter than anything i've seen in a long time.

I've seen the space station, I watched it for a long while when I could first see it. This star trumps it, I would say almost twice as bright, but thats hard to say cause i can't really directly compare, all I can say is unless the space station got a new lighthouse upgrade, then I have no idea what it was, but it was definitely brighter than anything I've seen in a while.

This is the second time I've seen it, last time was less than a week ago, same spot, same gradual movement, within the hour it had moved past my visible line of sight (Both times).

If it's a satellite, It's brighter than the planes that are much, MUCH closer... I wouldn't be opposed to that idea, but it's definitely not screaming at me simply because it is much brighter than even the space station, which should trump any satellite..

The images and videos below where takin in my front yard facing West / North West.

www.zackmyers.com...
www.zackmyers.com...
www.zackmyers.com...
www.zackmyers.com...

And there are 2 videos, the second (2 min) is the later of the 2. First one is setting up the second shot.

www.zackmyers.com...
www.zackmyers.com...

Just saw your thread on a google search and figured I'd throw in my thoughts, what I saw and the videos / pics so people could see for themselves.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ocnod

I wonder if you saw Venus.

Member SeenMyShare recommended I contact nuforc.org, so I gave them a call and then submitted an online report.

I suggest you all do the same.

They said the bright stationary light I saw was most likely Venus. I'll have to go and check again tonight. The rest of my story about the low craft they were interested in, so we'll see if anything comes of this.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dlifesjrny
reply to post by ocnod

I wonder if you saw Venus.

After doing some more research,
earthsky.org...

I am leaning towards Venus myself. Searching google for "bright star in sky July 2010 in the west" found some interesting results, and I agree that it is most likely Venus that I saw

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Unless venus was traversing the sky at ...around the speed of a leer jet annnd about 3x the size which eventually colour changed and faded out...then yes..it was venus i saw.

i know what venus and mars looks like.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I mentioned Venus because people in this thread were describing it. It was
one of the 3 things I saw that night. The low flying UFO I saw
was definitely not Venus, lol, but the "almost" stationary bright light
was.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

Hi. The Space Station flew over Sth Australia the other week, and watched it come and go, and didn't change colour, just faded.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
[edit on 18-7-2010 by epitaph.one]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join