It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP calls for more equality in oil spill cleanup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

NAACP calls for more equality in oil spill cleanup

www.kansascity.com

The NAACP is urging changes to counter what it contends is racial inequality in oil spill cleanup efforts.

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People detailed 13 suggestions for the Gulf of Mexico spill response Saturday during its annual convention in Kansas City. It's urging equal access to contracting opportunities among its recommendations

Read more: www.kansascity.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Does everything have to be turned into a race issue? Does the NAACP think that BP is racist? Why would a racist not want the people they are racist towards cleaning up the toxic mess in the Gulf of Mexico?

I think this is just a ploy to get attention for the NAACP. With this huge disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, people need to worry about the destruction of the enviroment and not equal opportunity employment.

www.kansascity.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
When are people going to see that the NAACP itself is pretty racist...it may have been necessarily at one time, but now it's just a corrupt organization that is looking to make some lawyers rich and progress their own careers, they couldn't give two sh*ts about other blacks. Whoever comes and claims they want to help can help, first come first serve; good idea NAACP, let's slow down the employment process of getting this mess cleaned up so you can make some sort of political point.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Way to attract more hate for your cause. Good intent bad result. Racism's never going to go away as long as this kind of thing persists in our society and continues drawing attention to differences. Sorry, but that's true. Why not have just brought the matter up that company X is highly qualified in X, Y, and Z but was, say, not given the opportunity to bid on a contract?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Tell ya what NAACP send all the blacks you want, we'll bring the whites home.

how about we just do it shifts?

whites get morning shift and blacks get night shift?

oh wait NAACP would call that racist cause night is black...

ok lets fix this, blacks get morning shift, whites get night shift?

oh well how about NAACP just stfu they are worse trolls than 4chan.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I was just reading the other day how the naacp was actually started by jews and financed by the rockafeller foundation and ford foundation.

No wonder they do nothing for race relations and cause nothing but trouble....

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Jay Electronica]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Here's a revolutionary idea. Quit complaining about who's cleaning and just clean the friggin spill. This is getting completely insane. We have a big problem fix and stop complaing about who's fixing it. You'd think they don't have bigger issues.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This just makes me laugh. Cleaning up the spill is the last place they should want to be right now. Imagine cleaning that sticky oil in Gulf of Mexico heat all day.

Semi-related
We need to get rid of the NAACP IMHO. They're more of an obstacle to equality than they are an aid. How much further do they think colored people can be advanced? Geez, these people won't settle down until we worship them as deities.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Nosred]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
NAACP just sees black and white.

How many of the "White" on these jobs are minorities.

Native Americans, disabled, veterans, Religious minorities, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender. Cajuns and Creoles.

If you look white the NAACP sees you as white.

I am white but still a minority,
I am a Disabled veteran And due to not being able to work because of my disability i am a economic minority.
I am also a Religious minority as i am a Deist.

All the NAACP sees is that i am white.

en.wikipedia.org...

I worked for a electrical contractor and one day a guy from the state showed up to tell us someone had filed a discrimination complaint that we had no minority.s working for us.

Every one of us were veterans over half of us were disable veterans.
The owner was a native American disabled veteran.
The company was a disabled veterans business enterprise.

We gave the state guy the information and a week later we got a letter saying the state was closing the investigation because the claim was unfounded.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

So the NAACP wants equal rights in dying to Corexit poisoning and maybe being swept away by a tsunami if that happens?? Yup, the NAACP sure has the black peoples interest at heart dont they?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well if there is no racism, the NAACP won't have anything to do. Goodbye to their money then. So this is why they stick their nose into everything, to make sure the racism machine is still turnin'. Is it any surprise they are balls deep in this big mess of a thing called oil spill that everyone knows about now because of MSM? Who are the smart ones here?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Why don't they take all the black people the government moved out of Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina and send them back there to work on the oil cleanup.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
SHOCKER!

I can't stand the NAACP, they make everything a race issue. They are what is wrong with racism in many ways imo. They promote it! They need to go away.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Seriously?
Another media attention grabber to keep the eyes off the real deal.
This is getting rather ridiculous.

[edit on 7/10/2010 by reticledc]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Most pictures of cleanup crews I've seen have dominantly black people in them. To my understanding blacks make up 13/15 percent of the population.. these pictures have 80%+ blacks

Can anyone confirm my findings? It's sad to see any organization using a disaster for their own free publicity, even sadder when the accusations are in my view false....

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay Electronica
I was just reading the other day how the naacp was actually started by jews and financed by the rockafeller foundation and ford foundation.

No wonder they do nothing for race relations and cause nothing but trouble....

I am glad that at least one person can identify who and what is happening here.

The race issue is intentionally inflamed, and groups that are active as 'champions' or particular groups are making it a problem on purpose.

People need to forget skin color, and start working together.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
In every video I've seen of actual hands-on beach cleanup, 99% of the workers were black or dark skinned.

Maybe the NAACP just wants more of them to get sick?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This article takes us back another 5 years in race relations. (not really, pun intended)

Congrats NAACP! You aremaking race issues in this country WORSE everday you operate.

new topics

top topics

join