It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show us ONE, just one UFO pic or ANY evidence that can be proven as evidence of visitation.

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
somewhere circa 1200 A.D...

MAN: The earth is what, boy?
BOY: Round, like an orange.
MAN: WHAT?! Show me one -- just ONE -- piece of evidence to prove it.
BOY: I can't, sir.
MAN: Beat it then, ye little dunce! Go get an education... Ye ignorant urchin!

Eratosthenes had the evidence 1400 years before 1200 AD.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu

somewhere circa 1200 A.D...

MAN: The earth is what, boy?
BOY: Round, like an orange.
MAN: WHAT?! Show me one -- just ONE -- piece of evidence to prove it.
BOY: I can't, sir.
MAN: Beat it then, ye little dunce! Go get an education... Ye ignorant urchin!

Eratosthenes had the evidence 1400 years before 1200 AD.

... and yet in China they still believed the earth was round until the 17th century. Go figure.

Some would say there's been evidence of ET life for decades. But it's not really about evidence, is it. You point proves... my point.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

This board, the entire internet is FULL OF hoax, fake, fraudulant UFO junk.
ATS is full of UFO hoaxes too.
Can any of you show ONE thing that isn't? That actually is evidence, even hinting of proof?
Seems a little odd that after all these years, all this "study' there is zilch, doesn't it.
AND! NOTICE I said proof, not "unexplained", as in, this photo is unexplained. Unexplained is only proof of it being unexplained!
Not unconfirmable "eyewitness" accounts.
You want to know why UFOlogy isn't a science? Because there isn't anything to study.
EVERY one of you that "believes' does so on faith, not reason or science.
So, I challenge you! Steer me to just ONE, just ONE bit of proof!

hey look i found Od

i.imgur.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

Guess you forgot to post your proof!
Better luck next time.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Ever since the Greeks there was no point in European history where it was widely believed to be flat. Even most Christian scholars had no problem saying the Earth was round. Do you know why? Because there was tons of proof. To compare the Earth being round with ETs shows a lack of knowledge on at least one of these two subjects.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Ever since the Greeks there was no point in European history where it was widely believed to be flat. Even most Christian scholars had no problem saying the Earth was round. Do you know why? Because there was tons of proof. To compare the Earth being round with ETs shows a lack of knowledge on at least one of these two subjects.

... and to miss the point of a simple analogy shows a lack of something else. "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence", is all I was saying.

There must have been a point when there was no evidence for a round earth, and people who made the claim would have been thought to be crazy. Well, they were right.

There is no proof of aliens, in the public domain at least. The OP knows this full well. It's a disingenuous thread. Believer-baiting.

Ask one of the two billion Christian's to show you "proof" of God. There is none, nada. Yet that's OK because it said so in a book.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

This thread is not about Christianity, but it is sort of about religion. The religion of the alien "believer".
People here toss around baloney about aliens as if it's fact. It's not. They claim to "research" the subject: research and study should reflect the known facts, not belief or assumption. My point is not baiting, but to point out the complete lack of factual information on the subject of aliens visiting earth. The mere FACT that this is true after so many years of alleged visitation tends to indicate that the premise of alien visitation is not true, or their would be SOME FACTUAL evidence.
This offends the believers. Logic gives way to faith.
Oh yeah, and the people that believed the earth was flat did so because they knew what they saw, common sense and their own viewing of the ground told them so!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Do you always have such a black or white view of things?

If there is any "factual evidence" for aliens, a lot will depend on who possesses that evidence and what their agenda is.

I don't think it's as simple as: no evidence, no aliens.

edit on 17-9-2010 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bvproductions
Okay, listen...evidence is MEANINGLESS when it comes to UFOs.
When you see one hovering above you, you'll realize that people believing you or not is really a non-issue...
You will only believe it when you see it...
...and even then, you may not believe your eyes....
I still have trouble believing what I have seen...

That's a good point. Why would I believe my own eyes? If I just saw a flying saucer or something, there's no way I could say for certain it was not from Earth. I'd be in quite a pickle. I would know I perceived something odd, but realistically and logically, that's about all I could say about it with any certainty.

Even if I met face to face with "aliens," and they told me they were aliens, why would I believe them? Unless they were able to provide me with some good, solid proof I could take with me that that's what they were -- a bit of technology, or a blood sample, or a mathematical formula solving some mystery in physics, etc. -- I'd have to wonder whether or not I was hallucinating or dreaming, or those damned aliens were lying.

That would certainly be a mixed blessing.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I also don't have evidence of elves living in the center of the Earth, a solar system that revolves around a sun made of ice cream, or a magical fish that grants wishes, but only on Fridays and only if you speak Esperanto. Yet, according to your logic we should assume that these things have as much chance at existing as something like the Higgs Boson.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Do you always have such a black or white view of things? If there is any "factual evidence" for aliens, a lot will depend on who possesses that evidence and what their agenda is.

I don't think it's as simple as: no evidence, no aliens.

Well, philosophically, I suppose you could say that reality is a matter of consensus. If everybody except people who are obviously (by consensus) crazy sees something, and we all agree on what it is, then it's real. If only one person sees something, its reality is questionable. That one person, after all, could be nuts. The more people see things, the more "real" they are, regardless of tangible evidence.

For instance, everybody agrees that dreams exist, because most people have them. But show me a picture of a dream. Show me physical evidence that dreams exist. And not just brain wave patterns or rapid eye movement. It can't be done. Evidence of dreams is all anecdotal. In that way, the evidence for UFOs is a lot better than that of dreams, since there has been physical evidence obtained. Unfortunately, none of that physical evidence can be reasonably seen as equating UFOs with any kind of extraterrestrial intelligence.

Until we get better evidence, and more people agree about that evidence, the connection between UFOs and ET is circumstantial at best, and at its strictest interpretation, completely non-existent.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Blue Shift because: Grammar Goblins

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I also don't have evidence of elves living in the center of the Earth, a solar system that revolves around a sun made of ice cream, or a magical fish that grants wishes, but only on Fridays and only if you speak Esperanto. Yet, according to your logic we should assume that these things have as much chance at existing as something like the Higgs Boson.

If there was a long and storied history of Center-Earth Elves, along with thousands upon thousands of reported sightings, video, photographs, high-level scientific interest, and substantiation from the 6th Man to Walk in the Center of the Earth... common sense would suggest to me there's something to it.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

black and white?

Yes, when it comes to science.
If UFOlogy is science, then it's held to a high standard, if it's not, then it falls into the realm of faith and conjecture.
The "field" is full of decades of fakes and frauds, like any other pseudoscience. There has not been ONE SINGLE SCIENTIFIC advancement. Not one. Not one step closer to resolution or proof.
All of the compelling reasons why it's very very very unlikly that visitation is real are ignored, simpky because of alleged eywitness claims, dubious websurfing, and, my God!-YouTube videos!
Please.
That isn't even close to science, it's popular mythology.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
we dont have one evidence of visitation but we dont have one evidence suggesting visitation is not possible too ... so, this is kind of pointless to discuss

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

black and white?

Yes, when it comes to science.

You seriously believe any "science" of aliens would be allowed the same freedom and privileges of all the other sciences, considering its potential to undermine the belief systems currently holding our civilization together?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Show us ONE, just one UFO pic or ANY evidence that can be proven as evidence of visitation

The statement makes no sense. Evidence by itself isn't "proof", and never has been or ever will be. Evidence we have out the wazoo. What we don't have is universal consensus for what it all means. If we had proof, we wouldn't be having these discussions. It would be a settled issue.

No, there is no universally accepted "proof" of visitation. Or God. Or Bigfoot. Or telekinesis. Or remote viewing. Etcetera. We know. No proof. And it takes 85 pages for that? I'm embarrassed I even posted in the thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What we have is a sorted history of conflicting reports and suppositions made with evidence to back it up. The ET hypothesis has become a vehicle for charlatans to sell their books and has become the bane of ufology. The entire field is now working off the unproven premise that UFOs = ETs, and as such all theories are based on this. There's a reason why Hynek was so opposed to the ET hypothesis, and that's because the evidence simply didn't point that way.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Sure.
It's just too easy and , uh...dishonest to suggest that the proof exists, it's just that "the government" is hiding it.
That's crazy logic. I can assert that invisible purple unicorns exist, it's just that the government is hiding it.
Self serving circular logic.
So is the "destroy the belif system" argument.
People aren't complete idiots, they can adjust to change.
Why would you assume they wouldn't?
Science welcomes new discoveries. Alien contact would be the biggest discovery of all time.
You are like your avatar---You want to believe!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

Then why is ATS and popular culture filled with "the grays", Galactic Councils, Roswell, Ike's heart attack, Bob Lazar, Area 51, Dulce battles and ALL the rest.The INDUSTRY of books, films, lectures, DVD's, the BS websites.
Because people ASSUME they know things they don't, and believe hoaxes, lies and BS!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Your thread is asking for "evidence that can be proven" whatever that means. You already know there isn't any proof. Beyond being arrogant and denigrating, what's your point?

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join