It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show us ONE, just one UFO pic or ANY evidence that can be proven as evidence of visitation.

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

I asked for evidence that would constitute PROOF!
Not anecdotal stories, ridiculous You tube video and bad photographs!

"EVERY one of you that "believes' does so on faith, not reason or science.
So, I challenge you! Steer me to just ONE, just ONE bit of proof! "

[edit on 19-7-2010 by OldDragger]

Unfortunately OldDragger, what they have presented is proof to them, even though to you it is not. Like I have stated, proof means different things to different people.

Like you the proof I am looking for I have not yet seen, but asking people to provide proof is a complicated task because of how each person individually constitutes what they deem proof to be.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Kids in Africa could have seen an F 117 Nighthawk for all I know.

It's all up in the air in so far as I am concerned!

www.youtube.com...#!

Aviation color...um....black....could have been seen from a distance.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7899db56bca8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Reagan

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
when the government won't release all the UFO documents like other countries have...then there has to be some truth to it.
and i'm not talking about documents from recent history that might involve our new birds..i'm talking about files from the 40's, 50's, and 60's,...files that are now at least 40 years old.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I asked for evidence that would constitute PROOF!
Not anecdotal stories, ridiculous You tube video and bad photographs!

Step back for a moment and consider what you're asking for: Photographic or video evidence that could be considered proof of extraterrestrial visitation.

There is no such thing. Any photographic or video evidence will only be able to support real, physical evidence. It doesn't work the other way around. The closest we can possibly get with videos and pictures is "It's unknown".

Unknown works for a lot of people. They equate "unknown" or "classified unidentified/unidentifiable" as "alien". That doesn't work for a lot of others, which is why this argument keeps happening again and again.

Photos, videos (especially blurry youtubes), testimony (even from well-respected members of military/pilots/etc), none of these are proof. They never will be. Put all of those together with real physical evidence that is able to be studied, and you might have proof.

People try to redefine science by messing with terms, such as identifying "UFO" as "Alien" and "studied and classified unknown" as "Proof", when these terms already have meanings, and it does nothing but hurt the actual science that could be going on with these things by muddying up the waters and damaging whatever credibility is left in this market.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You did listen to Nick Pope right Jimmy? hmm?

5% did he say?....And where are the pics of these said UFO'S?

I waited to see what they released and saw NADA!

Did I miss something?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

proof   /pruf/ Show Spelled[proof] Show IPA
–noun
1. evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.
2. anything serving as such evidence: What proof do you have?
3. the act of testing or making trial of anything; test; trial: to put a thing to the proof.
4. the establishment of the truth of anything; demonstration.
5. Law . (in judicial proceedings) evidence having probative weight.
6. the effect of evidence in convincing the mind.
7. an arithmetical operation serving to check the correctness of a calculation.
8. Mathematics, Logic . a sequence of steps, statements, or demonstrations that leads to a valid conclusion.
9. a test to determine the quality, durability, etc., of materials used in manufacture.

dictionary.reference.com...

there you go

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

That is a big problem because everyone identifies UFO to equal Aliens

which is absurd but there you have it. People now think they can IDENTIFY

these UFO's which I always thought were UNIDENTIFIED!

Go figure!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I know the dictionary meaning, but most people do not refer to the dictionary when deeming what is proof to them. Even if they do, it is possible they infer each point in their own mind as to the meaning.

I know that if you ask a group of 20 people what constitutes proof to them, you will rarely get the same answer from all 20 people.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
BETTER yet Chadwickus has thread out on the Turkey UFO's

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Instead of photos how about ancient descriptions and/or drawings?

I mean, really...come on. "Angels" or "Demons" appearing from the "Heavens" or "chariots of fire" or coming down on "beams of white light" , with seemingly "supernatural powers"?

www.uforc.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by __rich__

Yeah!
And giant lumberjacks with huge blue oxen pets!

Legend and myth.

[edit on 7/19/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Yeah!
And giant lumberjacks with huge blue oxen pets!

Legend and myth.

[edit on 7/19/2010 by Phage]

Big difference...millions of people actively believe Angels and Demons have and regularly visit the Earth.

As far as I know, no one has taken a vow of celibacy to worship Paul Bunyan.

Although, his All You Can Eat restaurants are indeed legendary.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Millions of people also believed in witches, sprites, dragons, and plenty of other things that have been either disregarded or proven to be something else through science (dinosaurs as dragons, for instance). A majority of the world once believed the world was flat.

Belief does not equal truth. Majority doesn't mean truth either.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye

Millions of people also believed in witches, sprites, dragons, and plenty of other things that have been either disregarded or proven to be something else through science (dinosaurs as dragons, for instance). A majority of the world once believed the world was flat.

Belief does not equal truth. Majority doesn't mean truth either.

Exactly my point. The ancient peoples thought they were witnessing "Gods", "Spirits" and other sorts of supernatural beings.

Their limited understanding couldn't begin to comprehend Outer Space, let alone Space Vehicles. Or biological entities from...elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

This isn't entirely true either.

In my case, I've based everything off sound scientific data and proceedure. In many cases the use of probabilities and statistics is used as a sort of proof. For instance, if something has a low probability of being one thing, and a high probability of being something else, then it can be presumed to be that something else. As in my case, the probability of being a terrestrial is rather small > 1E-12, and the probability of being alien is on the order of 0.999999. In this case the small probability isn't zero, and the large one isn't 1. But, which do you thing is the most likely.

Anyway, there is no "faith" here, just sound science.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by AnthraAndromda]

[edit on 19-7-2010 by AnthraAndromda]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Babe the blue ox was burned after his death, he had been cursed so much during his life that he changed into the equally mythical "Hodag." Now that is some serious BS.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
sometimes i wonder what species on earth got humanity to distrust eachothers own senses to the point where they do not trust eachothers' senses?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34ad16130ed4.png[/atsimg]

i don't know a guy who does not know a guy i don't know about, twice,
et

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You want to know why UFOlogy isn't a science? Because there isn't anything to study.
EVERY one of you that "believes' does so on faith, not reason or science.
So, I challenge you! Steer me to just ONE, just ONE bit of proof!

You know this is for skeptics in general, I know the unconscious mind has not been proven scientifically so no it is not core science but if you can just think about this, your unconscious might be leading you to areas you can not find hard proof answers for, for a reason. A bit en-cryptic I know but I will not detail this any further.
As far as proof, you will not find hard core scientific proof like you want, well, not enough definitive proof for skeptics like yourself. Most evidence is painfully tracked down and recovered or confiscated, and what remains is most likely heavily protected by their new owners. And you already know neither our government or aliens want proof out in the open public mainstream. To do so would acknowledge in the existence of ets for both sides disclosure here on earth and with ets so basically losing control can you imagine, forbid the idea.
Besides there are contracts and laws restraining such as this. And yes, just because this earth world might be the first to reveal alien existence, does not mean the ETs are going to land on the White House lawn. They have their own agenda as do we here on Earth, two separate governing systems.
Not the proof you are so diligently seeking but still, here is your answer short and sweet.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by covert1]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by covert1

That's not proof, evidence, or even scientific. It's a fairy tale.

What proof do you have to the claims you're making? What do you have to show that the government really has knowledge of aliens? What do you have to show that aliens themselves are covering up their own existence, or that they even have a "governing body" of their own?

Or, that they even exist and are visiting us?

My subconscious mind creates a lot of things, they're called dreams. They're not real.

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join