It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show us ONE, just one UFO pic or ANY evidence that can be proven as evidence of visitation.

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

You do realize you are talking to a banned member, right?

... so that entire post fell on def ears.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

This is one of the more baffling, cryptic and elliptical postings here on ATS, but I know I'm scratching the surface.
This thread is like that fabled Roswell metal that when crushed, reforms into it's original configuration. Think of this bizarre post as an attempt to crush the shape of the O.P. No matter what, 100 odd pages in the O.P still stands. Excuse the metaphor, but it's just bounced back into shape again...
edit on 20-3-2012 by jamdan because: typo

edit on 20-3-2012 by jamdan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamdan
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Yebbut. You aren't comparing like for like. It's yer straw man argument, yet again.
You are comparing observable, recordable, good old trial and error endevour with evidence which is for the most part anecdotal, at worst fairy-tale narrative.
I can see pretty clearly why alchemy would in time evolve into the subject of chemistry. If you want UFOlogy to become part of mainstream science then it will have to smarten up it's act. take the laughable "disclosure" dates for instance. It's cringe inducing how the word gets bandied around. Scientific endevour can't function hindered by conspiracy theories. And "UFOlogy" is mired in conspiracy. Perhaps people are "waking up" as is often said, but not to chinese lanterns and cgi virals, but to the bright light of a more measured, analytical morning.

edit on 20-3-2012 by jamdan because: typo

would u say that we r farther along in a technological sense in the documentation of ufo's than we were 1000 years ago?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I am saying that the quest to manufacture gold from base metals evolved quite enthusiastically to form the basis of the subject of Chemistry, including the beautifully balanced design and content that is the Periodic Table of Elements that we know and love today.
I am saying that these endevours do not compare favourably with CGI virals and cheesy synth music powerpoints on YouTube.

edit on 20-3-2012 by jamdan because: you know, typo!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jamdan

Yep, sure. Absolutely no evidence of visitation exists whatsoever

Absolutely no evidence of visitation exists? Really?

So, that Sunday prior to the events of Tuesday September 11th, 2001 ....

What was the number one song in America that morning of Tues before the towers in Manhattan fell, and where was the artist who performed it from?

Tuesday morning that day, the number one song in America was: "Fallin" by Alicia Keys, and she was born and raised in Manhattan.
Fallin, Manhattan.

Although there were billions of people on the planet, and trillions of places on earth... probably just all a coincidence, right?

I'm personally not that good at math. So I really don't know...

What are the odds of the last shorelines being mapped out on the planet so closely resembling those who are the ones who mapped it out? And, what variables does one plug into that equation to figure out the odds? What template or comparison for reference exists?

This could be a kin to Rorschach Test or pareidolia, perhaps not.

Take into account both evolution and erosion... What are the odds of the entire Eastern coastline of the largest body of water (The Pacific Ocean) on the planet so closely resembling the profile of the face of a simian or primate? From Alaska to South America...

peace!
edit on 20-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: fix something.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamdan

I am saying that the quest to manufacture gold from base metals evolved quite enthusiastically to form the basis of the subject of Chemistry, including the beautifully balanced design and content that is the Periodic Table of Elements that we know and love today.
I am saying that these endevours do not compare favourably with CGI virals and cheesy synth music powerpoints on YouTube.

edit on 20-3-2012 by jamdan because: you know, typo!

evidence that supports the UFO theory goes way beyond you tube. i thought u would have known that

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hello.... Where does this evidence go beyond to. Can you be specific and show at least one example of
this evidence.

I'll check back over the next few years to see if you have posted any "evidence".

edit on 20-3-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Indeed. The word "veracity" springs to mind.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
reply to post by jamdan

Well we agree on something.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Hello.... Where does this evidence go beyond to. Can you be specific and show at least one example of
this evidence.

I'll check back over the next few years to see if you have posted any "evidence".

edit on 20-3-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

i said the evidence supports a theory, since a theory is an unproven hypothesis i cant give u something to prove a fact, only to support a hypothesis. as we both know hypothesis have became facts since the birth of science so it would be stupid of me to believe that the UFO\alien hypothesis's is not worthy of consideration. if u choose to look for evidence to support the ufo hypothesis i suggest u start studying ancient history up untill now and u will find plenty of evidence to support the ufo\alien theory.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
As close as I have come to seeing a ufo...... and that would only be U F O in the sense of Unidentified Flying object, was about 2004 when I was up in Anza Ca. One evening in the distance, which I'd estimate was 8-10 miles to the west of where I was.... I saw a light in the sky which at first I thought was an aircraft. It had blinking lights. I believe they were blue and red, but it was a long time back now, it could have been blue and white even, I can't remember fully. But the odd thing about this 'lights' was that it remained stationary for about an hour. It didn't move at all, zip. I know aircraft transition through there from John Wayne to probably the Las Vegas airport as a routine flight pattern, but this was distant and further west than that flight path. I'd know a jet liner, they flew four to five or more an hour on that path. but this light was off to the west from them, probably separated by 30-40 miles. It wasn't a tower either, it sat too high on the horizon, so that was no excuse either. Even with binoculars I could only see the lights, though closer, still I saw no craft to go with them. I was setting on a chair on the porch and between the lights and me, was a tree. I used a branch that I could line up on for line of sight. I went through four or five cigarettes and a pot of coffee watching and wondering what these could be? I doubt it was a tethered balloon either. It remained in the same position that entire hour, then the coastal fog rolled in and visibility quickly diminished until it was no longer in sight. The next evening I tried to spot the same lights, but they were not there, and it was clear, no visibility issues to contend with. Also it was not getting closer or further, I had thought of that too, being on the same flight line of sight plane. But green men or reptoids or creepy hoobigoos ....other ufo's, ??? no I'v never seen anything.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I really hope you are trolling...

reply to post by jamdan

What was the number one song in America that morning of Tues before the towers in Manhattan fell, and where was the artist who performed it from?

Tuesday morning that day, the number one song in America was: "Fallin" by Alicia Keys, and she was born and raised in Manhattan.
Fallin, Manhattan.

Although there were billions of people on the planet, and trillions of places on earth... probably just all a coincidence, right?

What are the odds of the last shorelines being mapped out on the planet so closely resembling those who are the ones who mapped it out? And, what variables does one plug into that equation to figure out the odds? What template or comparison for reference exists?

This could be a kin to Rorschach Test or pareidolia, perhaps not.

Take into account both evolution and erosion... What are the odds of the entire Eastern coastline of the largest body of water (The Pacific Ocean) on the planet so closely resembling the profile of the face of a simian or primate? From Alaska to South America...

peace!
edit on 20-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: fix something.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The word UFO did not in the start even mean craft manned by aliens - it just meant Unidentified Flying Object. The rest added to the story is just human imagination that hurts more the interest in this phenomenon that helps to understand it.

It would not be difficult to admit that there are reports of unknown objects seen (Phoenix lights probably as the best example).

Where people start to have problems is when these sightings are padded with implausible claims that have nothing to back them up. The countless books, "documentaries" and other material produced discussing the UFO subject will not help to gain credibility either.

It is understandable that for example similarly shaped and sized lights staying in pattern for minutes over city of Phoenix would not be that interesting on its own. The story gets interesting only when there is more added to it, and this same snowball effect goes for UFO's in general.

It is natural for human mind to interpret and create meanings of what is being seen. What I am having problems with is that at what point did these sightings evolve into the current UFO cult involving aliens, government conspiracy, abductions to spaceships and visits to other planets?

Before discussing if the objects are visitors from outer space or other dimensions, the first question what they actually are should be answered. To this date I have not seen an answer. What I have seen is endless stream of speculation & theories, unverifiable personal experiences and stories that have at some point became the facts many agree upon.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Watch this documentary!
I know what i saw

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by jamdan

Fallin, Manhattan.

What are the odds

Prime example of "afterwards interpretation" and "bending the reality until it fits my BELIEF", sort of related to paredoilia - which we all know is defined as "a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. "

Because of course you will only FIND the "significance" after the fact, when you are looking for it.

So..let's take an event like 9/11, and EXAMINE EVERYTHING surrounding this particular day, no matter how irrelevant...give it a day or two and you will get your list of "pseudo significant things" which you can link in "mysterious ways" to the events on 9/11.

If there was no 9/11, no one would take note of whatever song was #1 at this particular day (significance is constructed afterwards) - and if THIS particular song was not #1 at this particular date, we could LIKELY debate about something else right now (in a parellel universe)..because SOMEONE could have found a mysterious link that a sportsman at this particular day in question had a name like "Joe Towerfall" or, by some extremely mystical coincedence, on some channel on TV they played a movie the day before which featured a burning skyscraper...or ANY OF ZILLIONS OF OTHER stupid things which are pulled out from the sleeve to form some sort of "pseudo reality". Laughable.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by alienreality

WHOA1 that picture proves.../
NOTHING AT ALL!
that's what i mean, don't bother posting stuff, just because YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS!

Well if it hasnt been debunked then you cant discount it as not a possible ufo of e.t origin.... Oh wait yes you have already.

I am aware this is an old posting..

But..YES i can discount a claim [even] it it hasn't been debunked, or at least can be very, very, very skeptical is regards to those claims, before i even start investigating.

Why is that? Because history and experience has shown that 99,999% of all UFO sightings turn out explainable, the mathematical odds are in my favor that a "rational" explanation is the right one and the UFO will turn out something explainable.

If i see a video of an object that awfully closely looks like a RC controlled toy, there is good reason to assume it is indeed a RC controlled toy UNLESS i have good reason to disregard the "logical" explanation since there is something in the video making it 100% impossible that this cannot be a RC controlled toy.

As long as a normal explanation is likely and would entirely explain a sighting, there is NO REASON to refer to a more "esoteric" explanation - and give the more esoteric explanation preference over the much simpler explanation.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Obviously you are not going to get any scientific evidence that can prove visitation either wise this wouldn't be such a hot topic on a conspiracy forum.

However:

1. Mathematics and statistics determines that Aliens life forms are LIKELY to exists. Even scientist of our era believe this.

Hawking’s logic on aliens is, for him, unusually simple. The universe, he points out, has 100 billion galaxies, each containing hundreds of millions of stars. In such a big place, Earth is unlikely to be the only planet where life has evolved.

2. If Aliens civilizations are likely to exits per Mathematics who is to say what knowledge or technology they might have available to them? Show us ONE, just one scientific reason or evidence that says that they can't be visiting us?

Interesting enough prior to the last 2 to 3 decades I believe most reputable scientist stayed away from publicly talking about the possibilities of Alien civilizations. Yet, we are hearing more of them publicly speaking out and not only if they exist but what they might look like.

Note I'm not saying Aliens are visiting us, but if they exists than their is a possibility that they COULD BE visiting us despite our limitations and lack of knowledge of how the universe works or our capabilities to monitor them.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
OP I think though you ask for proof you have already made up your mind. I don't think you made this thread to try to see proof of UFOs and visitation. I think you made this thread purposely in a confrontational tone to stir things up.
After years of studying the evidence of UFOs and alien visitation, I personally have seen enough evidence to convince me. I believe each person has their own level of evidence needed. Some may be convinced by a blurry photo, others pretty much need to see a UFO or encounter an alien visitor personally. I have to say I wonder also why there aren't millions of really good pictures and video of alien craft. So many people have cameras and video recorders at their fingertips now why isn't each sighting, especially by multiple witness, accompanied by 1,000s of photos and video.
I think there must be a reason beyond, "they don't exists, therefore there are no good photos". I believe the visitors want to be covert for whatever reason and they have found ways to avoid being captured in photos and video with accuracy. Obviously their stealthy technology fails at times as evidenced by some unexplained images.
Though I am convinced the UFOs and alien visitation are indeed real I leave myself open to the possibility that I am wrong. In fact, I can say I don't believe anything 100%, concerning UFOs and virtually everything. I always leave a portion in my brain that's open to new ideas. I have learned many times never to say never. Right now I am convinced but I might see evidence later that changes my mind.
Where would the human race be if thousands of years ago people just thought they already knew everything that was to be known. We probably would still be living in caves, seriously. . That's one reason I come to ATS. I want to think of things I might not have considered before. I don't just come here to read my own opinions parroted back to me. I really want to know the truth.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

WOW!!!, you really are in denial buddy.. nevermind.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join