It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all White and Grey hats!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What is the biggest problem with ATS?

IMHO I believe that ATS is filled with so many topics that good true threads which actually might be important get overshadowed by either tiring speculations or intentional hoaxing/disinfo....

Current solutions:
using flags
ignoring people

I don't think these are sufficient b/c there could be many disinfo agents adding flags, and ignoring people doesn't stop them from creating new accounts.

My solution: whenever it is found out that someone is intentionally hoaxing or truely wasting peoples time, we need to sick the hounds on them, possibly outside of ATS by means of really experienced hackers. Once this gets out, i believe people will really think twice about making their threads/posts, that or they'll have to go to libraries/internet cafes(which would at least be a pain for them)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another issue:
Is it possible that some moderators on this site might be disinfo agents? I only point this out b/c I was reading this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and the OP was banned and the thread was closed before the deadline of the content was supposed to happen. What's up with that!?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Afishl1

My solution: whenever it is found out that someone is intentionally hoaxing or truely wasting peoples time, we need to sick the hounds on them, possibly outside of ATS by means of really experienced hackers. Once this gets out, i believe people will really think twice about making their threads/posts, that or they'll have to go to libraries/internet cafes(which would at least be a pain for them)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure if defacing someone in public would be a wise thing to do or legal for that matter.
Just calling them out in a public forum as this great site and running them should be enough. But for some they may actually think that there feelings or what they see are real or may be just delusional. That is why I said defacing someone in a public setting may set them of and do more harm than good.
The best advice is if you read a post and think its a hoax then just move along to find something better.

As for the mod his profile says he is still active from what I gather just a thread closure hell he may have closed it him self.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Experienced hackers would easily get away with it time and time again.

Its a little suspicious that that mod closed it before the deadline no? I mean what is the rush, let it play out til at least Saturday is over with everywhere, maybe even Sunday and then close it/ban him, the way the mod did it makes the mod look suspicious IMO.

That thread would have been a perfect example of what I was talking about, I would have let it play out for all of Sunday, then if/when the OP didn't give anymore details/explanations and just left everyone with the cliffhanger, we sick the hounds and rid ourselves/ATS of the garbage.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
People who post threads like this should be hunted down outside on the streets and hung by the neck until dead.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What I would do for intentional hoaxing or b.s. topics is, ban the person for 6 months on first offense. A second time a year and if a third forever. Of course picking them out might be a little hard but, that's what the Mods are for.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Do you really want someone picking and choosing who is good or bad? What makes there judgment any better than another person's?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afishl1
Is it possible that some moderators on this site might be disinfo agents?

Well I don't know if this is true or not but I heard from my next door neighbors best friends uncles mailman's member of congresses veterinarian that one of the Mod's (Asala..cough) has a dog named Storm which makes me think of HAARP which makes me think of the NWO so I think that is proof enough that indeed Storm is the head of the NWO who controls Asala as she waits on him hand and foot so yes ATS is indeed infiltrated at the very highest levels....by a dog.

You want more proof? Look at this devious creature..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9af2a50a4aa2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Do you really want someone picking and choosing who is good or bad? What makes there judgment any better than another person's?

It has to be somewhat objective or at least a new button added where people vote whether the person is a hoaxer/disinfo agent...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
All you have to do is make a way to label the person no mater what account they make. Maybe by making them register using a credit card. Then all wear a label according to how many times they have made hoaxes and if they proliferate hoaxes they can wear that badge with honor

After a while maybe it will become a pain to continue getting new credit cards but even credit cards use a name so maybe linking the name. But not displaying the name for the public just for posting purposes.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Oh my god, I simply cracked up at that avatar! (the deformed Fratelli brother from Goonies as a toddler on a Superman trike)...

Oh, that's too funny!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
There is an ignore feature, I highly suggest utilizing it. As a IT professional and sometimes member of the grey hat persuasion I don't think anybody in the field will be down to be someones personal army going out and hassling people because of some comment or thread on an internet message board. We aren't your personal army!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

You wouldn't be my personal army, more for the people, so that the truth may more easily be revealed and not covered up or distracted by disinfo...

top topics

join