It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Al Qaeda-CNN question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Right now I'm watching that American Al Qaeda special on CNN with my family and none of my family can answer this question.

If a 20 something year old kid from Long Island is able to meet with and "become" part of Al Qaeda, why can't our intelligence or military groups do the same?

Obviously they could if we even cared about stopping this "terror" group. This is the first time I've seen my mom "wake up" to how silly this whole thing is. I think it's funny that this show has actually woke my mom up instead of instilling fear. I'm glad for that.

Can anyone who believes that we are actually fighting Al Qaeda and terrorism answer this question please?

[edit on 10-7-2010 by GeechQuestInfo]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by GeechQuestInfo]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Great point, I think you realize how stupid all of this really is then. Problem is the average person doesn't question what they watch, they drink it up go to bed with stomach problems and ask for some more the following night.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
At BlackListed News they have an article stating that the Taliban are training monkeys for warfare. So I say that we are not really fighting Al Qaeda anymore.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I am sure that our intelligence is making inroads in infiltrating Al Qaeda. We killed a lot of terrorists in the last 9 years. The problem is the terrorists have a very close knit organization. Their members were recruited as children, and they are very suspicious of strangers who would approach them to join their cells. This is especially a problem in the Pakistan tribal regions. They will only approach those who fit their profile.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
So how have other Americans been able to join? And do so before the intelligence agencies?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyGirl
At BlackListed News they have an article stating that the Taliban are training monkeys for warfare. So I say that we are not really fighting Al Qaeda anymore.

As soon as I heard that story I thought "The CIA needs to get a monkey ON THE INSIDE !!!"

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
We would've infiltrated these groups by now but a policy exists strictly forbidding American operatives from engaging in acts of Terrorism hence why we currently do not have anyone on the "inside". Along the same exact lines an undercover cop is forbidden from using narcotics while on duty even though if they don't they get made as cops and wind up shot dead. If the undercover does say, do a line of coc aine or smoke a marijuana blunt and he takes a random urine test and he fails he's fired no questions asked. We won't allow that. As long as we don't infiltration will be circumvented. Our best hopes is someone on the "inside" befriends us and offers to serve as a "go-between" for us.

To sucessfully infiltrate a terror group one lone American operative must be willing to participate and conduct an act of terrorism which by very definition according to certain laws instantly makes them an "enemy combatant" the second they commit to one. That is the kind of odds we are stacked against.

Simply put we are not allowed to look the other way and forgive an operative's crimes committed while they were undercover even if said infiltration leads to the takedown of a radical terrorist cell or group.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
American Al Qaeda?
Subconscious slips are the best kind.

Finally they are getting honest.

"The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows this. But there is a propaganda campaign to make the public believe in the presence of an identified entity representing the 'devil' only in order to drive the 'TV watcher' to accept a unified international leadership for a war against terrorism. The country behind this propaganda is the US and the lobbyists for the US war on terrorism are only interested in making money."

Their end goal

Soon they will begin labeling Alex Jones and others that speak of 911 inside job, Federal Reserve, FEMA, PHARMA & FDA, FALSE FLAGs Bohemian Grove occultists etc as American Al Qaeda.

I'm almost convinced had our leaders and big news conglomerates said that Rudolph the red nose reindeer and frosty the snowman orchestrated 911 and against western targets, 90% of folks would believe it. After all...a upstanding congressional investigation said it to be true.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
We would've infiltrated these groups by now but a policy exists strictly forbidding American operatives from engaging in acts of Terrorism hence why we currently do not have anyone on the "inside".

They didn't let that stop them from attacking the USS Liberty in the Gulf of Tonkin, or the attacks of 9/11.

This excuse doesn't fly, the government is the governments boss, rules don't apply to them.

They prove this every day and no one does anything.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

The truth is they have done it go and read Inside the Jihad by Omar Nassari. He worked with French and British intelligence through the 1990’s it makes for some fantastic reading. Also in the Book Task Force Black by Mark Urban the author talks about how the CIA helped a SAS prisoner get out of jail because he was their informant. When it comes to Al’Qa’ida western intelligence agencies probably shear assets so if the CIA don’t MI6,DGSE, Mossad or who ever will.

The intelligence agencies will have people in the inside it’s just that for obvious reasons you never hear about it, even once they are out. It is a very risky tactic and it’s very hard to do it, remember it’s not just about getting in its about gather intelligence and then finding a way to communicate that intelligence back to the agents handlers. I know that recently with the Russian spy drama there was a couple of undercover FBI agents who had contact with the offenders.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
We would've infiltrated these groups by now but a policy exists strictly forbidding American operatives from engaging in acts of Terrorism hence why we currently do not have anyone on the "inside".

They didn't let that stop them from attacking the USS Liberty in the Gulf of Tonkin, or the attacks of 9/11.

This excuse doesn't fly, the government is the governments boss, rules don't apply to them.

They prove this every day and no one does anything.

Elements connected to certain elemtns working in conjunction The US Govt perpitrated those attacks. The US Govt did not attack us on 9/11, TPTB did and as long as we don't pay attention to this the likelyhood of it happening again is very likely.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sorry guys but i wan to make a quite point not really related to the OP.

Terrorism is my “thing” if you like i read about like i imagine some of you read about UFO’s and the NWO. It sort of annoys me when a thread asking a question or discussing a aspect of terrorism turns into a thread about 9/11.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Considering that Al Qaeda is the method used by the CIA to track their assets in the 80's, it does not surprise me that there would be one or two Americans continuously refreshing the asset pool.

Barry Soetoro comes to mind.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
A BBC documentary on why terrorism[as we know it] does not exist.

www.youtube.com...

Its a few years old but its why i still have a lot of time for the BBC

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

That’s a urban myth Al’Qa’Ida historians will tell you there are 3 (sometimes 4) periods in their history. You are talking about the first. Al’Qa’Ida at this time were not a big player, it was one of a number of stop over networks for Mujahedeen going into Afghanistan (not monitoring them all). It is possible they received some payment form ISI and thus indirectly form the CIA however this is also unlikely.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What makes you think they havent/ or arent?

I mean you always hear of plots being discovered, sting operations being setup.

Im sure there's many a group that the NSA, CIA or FBI have infiltrated.

DO you want them to publically achnowledge it?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Except, Bryant Neal Vinas, the man profiled in the CNN program, is American, born in America

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Recruiting an American is a real prize for a terrorist, they are like gold.

They are used as mouthpieces against the West. They are also valued for their access to the Homeland, and their ability to operate terror cells on American soil.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Recruiting an American is a real prize for a terrorist, they are like gold.

They are used as mouthpieces against the West. They are also valued for their access to the Homeland, and their ability to operate terror cells on American soil.

I would love to see a debate between you and this guy

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
I am sure that our intelligence is making inroads in infiltrating Al Qaeda. We killed a lot of terrorists in the last 9 years. The problem is the terrorists have a very close knit organization. Their members were recruited as children, and they are very suspicious of strangers who would approach them to join their cells. This is especially a problem in the Pakistan tribal regions. They will only approach those who fit their profile.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
"We would've infiltrated these groups by now but a policy exists strictly forbidding American operatives from engaging in acts of Terrorism hence why we currently do not have anyone on the "inside"."

What policy? You mean to tell me the CIA and all these other secretive black budget organizations (which don't officially exist) follow policy? Yeah, right! They can do whatever and they do whatever they want.

How about the policy of assassinating Americans on American soil? Why doesn't policy apply there?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join