It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence: The Evolution of Nightowls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

IQs and Zs
Night owls are smarter than other people, and now we may know why. The modern world contains many features our slow-to-evolve brains still find unfamiliar—cars, TVs, hot dogs on a stick. But the world has always thrown new stuff at us, and brighter humans may adapt more ably.

www.psychologytoday.com...

This is my first thread, thought I would start small and work up to my grand unified theory of everything!

Friend sent me this article, has a great little chart showing bedtimes compared to IQ. I am happy to say I am 'very bright' by it's standard
Even with all those smarts, funny how I never made the connection before since my sharper friends always do stay up later as a rule!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by blamethegreys]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Ah...that was the great part about being an adult, no one could tell me to go to bed!

S&F!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
Night owls are smarter than other people

Sooo. . . night owls are people? Interesting. When did this come about?

Interesting as I've always been one to stay up later. I'm thinking their IQ is also related to their lifestyle choices and eating habbits, etc. . .

The people with higher IQ are probably more well rounded in their daily routines with healthy eating, proper exercise and basic well balance living therefore have more energy to stay up longer. Lower IQ's probably tend to eat more packages snack foods and fast foods, a lower amount of exercise and poorer confidence in themselves amounting to lower energy levels while being more tired and needing to go the bed earlier.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by born2BWild]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by born2BWild]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Huh - no one has ever ask me what time I go to bed!

top topics

join