It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[BBOT] The Message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
They had met on the beach one afternoon about 3 years ago. Beth had just gotten her doctorate from FSU dept. of Oceanograhy in Tallahassee. Although her degrees were for biological and chemical research, her main interest was the dolphins. Ethan was the head of Emergency Management for Wakulla County. You could call it a match made in heaven if you were romantically inclined I suppose. Their shared love of nature and the environment equalled their love for each other. Beth had left that morning to go diving with a group of her associates to find a dolphin pod and study their behavior in relation to the oil and other contaminates. Ethan had been so involved with his departments clean up activities that he and Beth had barely seen each other for days. Before he left for his evening meeting with the BP reps.., he had set the table for Beth. Perhaps she would eat something tonight, hopefully...........
After considerable thought, Ethan set out a champagne flute as well. His plan was to suprise her. On his way out the door he slipped the note into her champagne flute. " My darling, tomorrow is promised to no one. Life is too short. Please marry me and make me tha happiest man on earth. Love forever, Ethan.
4 hours later.......
Ethan recieved a call from Bennett Collins, one of Beths diving buddies. According to Mr.Collins, Beth has somehow become seperated fron the diving group in murky oil filled waters 2 hours ago. The rest of the diving group had to halt searching for Beth due to depleted oxygen tanks, and return to shore with out her. Mr. Collins assured Ethan that a rescue search was now being conducted by the FSU dept of Oceanography and the rescue teams of BP.

CNN news report. with Marsha Mason

"Disturbing news from Tallahassee Florida this morning.........At 8 am this morning athorities reported that Ethan Davis of Emergency Management of Wakulla County Made a grusome discovery on the beach. A dolphin covered in thick oil and other chemicals was found dead on the beach. In the dolphins mouth were the straps of two different carrying cases. One case contained the underwater camera belonging to the missing Dr. Elizabeth Stevenson and the other case was a barnical covered wooden case apparently from an ancient shipwreck on the ocean floor .Upon opening the ancient box, Mr.Davis became highly distraught and immediate medical attention was required. Mr. Davis was medivaced to Celebrations Hospital in Orlando for Psycological evaluation. Many questions remain unanswered at this time. The dolphin carried box contain two ancient wooden goblets, curiously etched with the word " YES".

Marsha Mason, with CNN News.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Magantice]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wow!

This gave me goose bumps! Good job!

It has a mysterious almost paranormal quality to it, which I of course, adore.

[edit on 7/10/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ooooh. Loved it. Read it twice.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't get it. A wooden goblet with the word yes was carved on it, presumably from way back then by someone else.

She got lost in the sea? What's the point to this.

I'm not so textually inclined like you guys, not only I didn't get the chills, I don't get this story. Please elaborate what makes this story so emotionally powerful.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by misha.baikal]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by misha.baikal

Well, I think there are a few scenarios that can be read, into this story.
Read it again and think "way" outside the box, you may come up with a
conclusion that will surprise you. Not to say that was the intent of the
story at all, it's just what I did and why I thought it was a neat piece.
I could be way off and my interpretation completely wrong though... Lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Ooooh. Loved it. Read it twice.

Read it thrice

Haha, it's amazing!

Can't wait for more of your work

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

I liked it!

Is there a second part to this? Or do we come to our own conclushions..?

eee.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Fine work here my friend Magantice! I believe that Beth Stevenson had telepathically received the message from her boy friend. Knowing she was going to die, she had her dolphin friends bring her camera and a message of yes that was etched on the goblets that she found on the ocean floor in the ancient sea wreck. That's what I gleaned from it anyway. Am I close? Again, a really great story Magantice.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Like her associate diver friends , she too had run out of oxygen. Yes her oil covered dolphin friend brought her camera to the beach to be found. A picture of the wreck she found on the ocean floor was in the camera. The box was from the wreck which contained the old goblets from a previous time. The fact that they were etched with the word yes..........is the AFTER Death answer from Beth to Natan.

I would like to thank everyone for their responses, even the negative ones. This is the only way I can learn. As I stated before, I have the stories but the talent for writting them is shaky at best. I'm no quitter so I will continue to try. For those of you who are able to think outside the box and knew where I was coming from............from the bottom of my heart I thank you. Lisa

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by misha.baikal

Perhaps if I was a better writer you would have "gotten it". My deepest apology and thank you for your time and response.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Thank you. I will never be Stephen King but my goal is to make the reader think and wonder. If I laid it all out there for the reader, what purpose would your imagination have in reading anything? Perhaps if you read my previous stories you will see I usually have a twist in the ending.
Thank you again.

edited for skipped letters

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Magantice]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Its 4:03 am and Im just reading the comments to my story. Im laughing my butt off about one thing..........no one questioned why Natan was medivaced all the way to Celebrations hospital in Orlando , from the beach in Tallahassee. Well.........Its because Celebrations is the only hospital in florida that I know the name of. When I wrote that Nathan was emotionally over wrought, what I really wanted to say was that he screamed and cried like a school girl but hey, it didnt fit. Anyway this is my last comment so thank you everyone.

new topics

top topics

join