It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration's 'Silent Raids' Lead to Firings, Not Deportations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The Obama administration’s new approach to dealing with companies that hire illegal immigrants results in firings, not deportations, the New York Times reported Friday.

Instead of immigration sweeps at factories and farms which used to lead to illegal workers being shipped out of the country, the administration’s new policy—government conducted audits labeled “silent raids” by employers—usually only result in the workers losing their jobs, the Times said.

The Times article comes just over a week after the president delivered his highly anticipated speech on immigration reform, which was criticized on both ends of the political spectrum.

Source

Once again, more acts of treason and incompetence by the Obama administration.

How can you be the leader of a nation and allow criminals and invaders to stay in the country?!

I have been angered by the acts of the leadership of this nation for some time. Having to put up with it so long, being powerless to do anything to change it, I am becoming weary o anger. I now feel like an feeble old man, and my anger is simply turning to deep sadness.

May God or aliens take me soon, because I can't stand to see my country abused and raped like this much longer.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
IMPEACH..... IMPEACH.....IMPEACH...

How many more times do I have to say it before it clicks in these Zombies heads.

THIS MAN IS KILLING THIS NATION.

He OBVIOUSLY doesnt care, and heis OBVIOUSLY doing everything America DOESNT want to do.

IMPEACH!

Edit- IMPEACH! OR FIX THE DAMN PROBLEMS!

Its not that hard- You find illegal- You detain illegal- You deport illegal.
Simple. How much beurocracy do you need to accomplish that?

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I agree more oversight of hiring practices needs to happen. However, if you are found to knowingly hire illegals, you need your business license stripped and your assets seized. Arrests need to take place as well, that would lead to more deportation. They would quit coming here if they cannot find work and other benefits. Strip away their reason for being here, enforce the border and maybe we can resolve all of this quickly.

[edit on 7/10/10 by Hypntick]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Unfortuneately impeachment is a non option until at least late November. My guess is that unless the amazing happens and both the democrats and republicans lack majority party status after the elections, it wont happen after then either. The other, surer, angle is the US military and Supreme court backing each other up and removing him on ground of the birth certificate issue. That second option though ensures at least a short time of enforced martial law in the US.

As for the topic itself, rather than firing them, perhaps mandate that their wages being lifted up to what corporate custom and wage laws would require if they were legal citizens. That or force them to join a union that would force wages up and increase worker safety and benefits.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Lhuhikwdwoo]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lhuhikwdwoo

Or just ship them back to where they came from.

THEN, you fine the bastards who hired them.

That way, companies wont want to hire them because of heavy fines, andthe illegals wont be able to survive out here unless they turn into bums and start begging.

America wins

But we dont want that, now do we Obama?

"God Damned America"

Edit-

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I will actually agree for the most part with you here. These raids became a waste the minute they decided not to jail then deport these illegal aliens. I have been very opposed to the Arizona law as this was a law that made americans pay for the actions of illegals, however raids into businesses, holding employers accountable then deporting these illegal aliences, I have absolutely no issue with this and I think there needs to be a larger crack down. Target the corporations and the businesses who hire these people, that is the source of the problem.

I suspect though the Obama administration did not deport them for image reasons. The look of america deporting illegal immigrants, especially hispanic immigrants, this may not go very well with the latino and hispanic voters for Democrats. But then again this still is not acceptable, and I dont see how preserving the latino and hispanic vote through this action will do anything for the Democrats. Hispanics are typically conservative.

This is not good. If this issue is going to be solved there needs to be a tough example made out of those who come here illegally.

As for whether this is treasonous? No. But if you insist on being serious over impeaching this president over this action, get in line as other presidents equal treasonous acts to become accountable for. Incompetence? Well that would assume that the president had the inability to do the right thing and I disagree with that premise. Him and his administration had every opportunity but decided not to.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thread also here... in case you're interested...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This administration has proven time and time again they are exactly what Hannity and Rush painted them out to be. The POTUS and this administration do not care about the constitution or the laws that are in place to safeguard our borders.

This administration would rather use taxpayer funds to fight the taxpayers rather stand up for the taxpayers and kick those illegals out of here. Stop all stimulus funds to sanctuary cities, shut the sanctuary practices down.

Let the UN take care of the crisis in Mexico, hell the UN has a world court where they can prosecute all of the Drug lords and free the people of Mexico.

top topics

join