It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favorite pro wrestling superstar?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Many of you on Below Top Secret have to have a favorite pro wresting superstar. At least you all have to seen a wrestling programs like WWE Raw or a PPV by WWE at one time of your life. Whether it will be high charisma, entertainment wrestling matches or you just love to hate them. pro wrestlers are one the popular celebrities around the world. My favorite professional wrestler is Ric Flair. He is a legend in the industry. No one can have the same history as Ric flair in the sport.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Not a big WWF fan, haven't watched it in years, but I'm bumping thread for fun...

Couldn't decide so picked my top 2 and an honorable mention (because she deserves it!)

Rock and Stone Cold

Honorable mention

[edit on 10-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
George 'The Animal' Steel
with Andre The Giant a close second.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The Ultimate Warrior!

Crazy as they come! Although, his ability to wrestle is questionable. Ive got a DvD about him, but its a bit biased due to him not actually being interviwed on it and thus resulting in the viwe points of others who mention the way he left WWF/WWE.

Also, his old Tag-Team partner, Sting! Awsome. Remember him whopping Arn Anderson and Rick Flair weekly! Lol.

But for all out Technical ability and 'ACTUAL' wrestling skill i.e. - not just being a huge steroid user, id say Kirt Angle.

And maybe Chris Benoit... Although he was a steroid user who lost his mind...
But when you look at his career and what he done in Japan.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
He..for whom the bell tolls...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'll admit it, I do not watch wrestling like I used to do. I had and still have quite a few favorite wrestlers from over the years. For me, it was mostly the high flyers that made wrestling for me. Whether it be Rey Mysterio, Juventud Guerrera, Jushin "Thunder" Liger. Keiji "The Great Muta" Mutoh just to name a few wrestlers. Other than the high flyers, I have always been a fan of the large wrestlers. Whether it be Sycho Sid, The Undertaker, Kevin Nash, or Andre The Giant.

However there are some wrestlers out there that were big stars over here in the states that I liked that went on to Japan and became even bigger stars over there. Names like Vader, Cactus Jack, Terry Funk, Terry Gordy, Scott "Flash" Norton. They all went over to Japan and became household names over there like they already were here in the states.

I bet we all remember where we were when we heard the news about Owen Hart's death. I for one was watching that very same pay per view when Jim Ross announced Owen's death.

This is the theme for Owen's alter ego, The Blue Blazer.

Res In Peace Owen.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

link   

[edit on 13-7-2010 by BlackOps719]

link   

[edit on 13-7-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Mickey Roark

www.youtube.com...

or this guy...Big Rob

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Gonna have to go with the "Bad Guy" Razor Ramon.

Maybe Kamala or Papa Shango too.

The "shocked face" Kamala when the Undertaker came back out of the casket sometime in the early 90's in the casket match is a vivid memory for me. Whatever the reason.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs. Ultimo Dragon from the First Round of the J-Crown Tournament back in 1996.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Let see... So many to choose from...

Growing up in the Pacific NW, I was able to see wrestlers who later became big in the larger national promotions..

Rowdy Roddy Piper

Jimmy Snuka

and a host of others...

But my fave has always been Apache Bull Ramos.

For those who may not be familiar with him, here is his wiki page...

Apache Bull Ramos

[edit on 7/14/2010 by seagull]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Almost forgot to mention this man.
The biggest bada$$ that MMA, the UFC, the NWA, and the WWF has ever seen.

Can't gorget about the Snake Man from Stone Mountain, Georgia either.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
^&*() the wwe for making the shows "kid friendly" i had an orgazm when sheamus beated john cena and won the title,look at the little kids crying!
serves them right for cheering the most boring star ever! ccry kids cry!
heels are hella lot more fun.
thank god for NEXUS,now i can watch something fun again.
my favourites are randy orton,cm punk (the cuuult!),drew mcyntire (always gets what he wants,reminds me of the young mee),and whats that new guy the HONEST MAN,alberto del rio just look at that smug dude,the 72,000 man aaxaxax

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
To be honest with you guys, one of my all-time favorites has to be "The Rowdy Scot" Rowdy Roddy Piper. I mean we can't forget some of the wars he had with Hogan back in the 1980s and 1990s. Roddy is one of the true legends of professional wrestling.

If you guys watch Piper's return at WCW's Halloween Havoc. Piper brings up the point that if he wasn't doing what he was doing at Wrestlemania 1, no body would have been cheering for Hogan and rallying against Piper.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
2 of the greatest wrestlers ever!!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Randy Orton of course

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It's been years since I have watched any Wrestling, to be fair though if it was on any of the channels I get I would probably watch it still.

Lets see, I was a little Hulkamaniac 20 odd years back, before he turned.

Rowdy Roddy Piper is probably my all time favourite.

Then I would say Mick Foley, Dude Love, Mankind, Cactus Jack. Really whatever he was going by at the time.

And I guess honourable mentions go to Junkyard Dog and Jake the Snake.

Oh and I will add my friend from South Australian Wresting, Cannonball Chris Taylor.

edit on 10-9-2010 by pazcat because: spelling and stuff

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Bruiser Brody

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join