It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to review woman's stoning sentence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Iran to review woman's stoning sentence

www.cnn.com

Iran's top human rights official said the Islamic regime is reviewing a sentence of execution by stoning for a woman convicted of adultery.

"Sentences such as stoning will be closely reviewed and probably changed," Mohammad Javad Larijani told Iran's Islamic Republic News Agency.

Larijani was referring to the well-publicized case of Sakineh Mohammedie Ashtiani, who faces the possibility of execution after being convicted in 2006 of adultery.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well for me this is a no brainer, we should not be stoning people to death.

Let alone for adultry.

However in a nation in the gripes of religion and the extremism that follows religion, who could expect more eh?

I hope they remove such practices and just do it like everybody else in the world, the chair or the IV.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The fix is in, I have it on good authority that the chosen judge will be no other that Bob Dylan, and you know what his opinion is about getting stoned!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Only poor stupid people get executed.

If you are rich and have a good enough lawyer you can kill as many people as you want and get away with it, just ask the board members of BP.

Do you realize that many people on death row are now, through DNA testing being found innocent.

Research "the chair". It's a gruesome and barbaric method.

Execution and war are both murder, they are just murder by the state.

Most people in our prisons that have been convicted of violent acts were themselves severly abused as small children, raised in poverty, a single parent home and or are marginally retarded or low intellegence that should have been placed in a home (which Regan shut down most of these asylums in the 80's).

I am not excusing them nor do I think they ought to be allowed to roam free.

But, we are our brothers keeper and it does take a village to raise a child.

No child should be the victim of abuse day in and day out for twenty years.

People just want a quick fix, get rid of them, don't try and figure out how they got that way.

Again, when a child is abused and unloved, they often times become an abusive adult.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If this story never hit the western media or any other news sources around the globe, this woman probably would already had her sentence carried out.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Some US firm would probably make offers to sell "cheaper and better" stones by now if it wasn't for the embargo

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Iran has half a population of modernists. Time breaks down Barbary traditions. In time Iran will be more like France.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

"Many people on death row.....?

"Most people in our prisons....?"

Those are a couple of broad reaching statements. You probably ought to quote a source.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by wdkirk]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
She had already been sentenced to 99 lashes (served) and it was another court that charged her to be stoned. This is double jeperdy. She was charged twice for the same crime. The judge in the seconed court should be taken out and publicly scourged (Roman style) for charging twice and his verdict. He wasn't happy that she just got whipped, he wanted her dead. And to think he probibly has children! I wonder if they have an IQ above 40.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Of course they're being found innocent for most often they do the simplest and most inexpensive searches just to satisfy the publics need for justice, not to carry it out. And also, to hide the mkultra type people they set out to keep us traumatized by crimes for their control systems and slave labors to compete with China.

In addition, the cases of those who should never have been found guilty of first degree murder, like one I believe an 18 year old mentally handicapped girl who probably had a temper tantrum, like a small child unable to deal with consequences stabbed her mother, was executed. GW BUsh personally mocked her plea not to die. She had to live with the horror of realizing, like an 8-12 year old would coming down from this fit kidniptchen that she had killed her mother, she needed counseling and would be living through such pain and disappointment, and her mother overseeing her baby would never never want this.

It was one of the most evil miscarriage of justice. I belive in a world were citizens meet in teh town square, seeing everyone as their own child, and rescue everyone from jails and injustice. That we really act enmasse and all the time until they back down, shut up and become human beings.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The whole mentality in Iran is backward evil barbaric nonsense like this. It is an utter disgrace that any society on this planet in this day and age still treats women the way they do.

It makes me ashamed to be human when I read about stuff like this. I do strongly feel that backward idiotic cultures like this need to be gently dis-assembled and rebuilt into something resembling a decent society not some oppresive rabid religious nightmare that belongs in the 14th century.

I think also 'Judges' the world over, not just in Iran are given way too much power to lord it over people. If a judge takes a disliking to you personally, innocence isnt really going to matter to them. They can and will 'throw the book at you' if that's the mood they are in that day.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It's up to Iran, really.

Choose freewill the make heaven on earth.

or

Continue to make a living hell for everyone.

---

I say, stone her and set her spirit free into heaven as justice; so the rest on earth who judged her guilty can continue to live the hell they've created themselves.

new topics

top topics

join