It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could parts of Christianity be invaded by satanism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I was at a church about 2 days ago and it was a baptist church by the way, and i was hearing the pastor go on and on about kindness and how we should be kind to our fellow man, But then i heard him mutter something along the lines of (as long as they are not witches)I am not very sure because it was barely a whisper, but i am sure it was a derogatory statement Now i have been doing some reading and i have found something quite interesting.

"Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!"

Its a satanic Statement from this website Satanic Ethics

I also over heard him talking to a woman in the back room about a late night service.

They don't have late night services!

Am i going crazy or could this church be invaded by a satanist.

I normally don't go to church but i was wanting to get back in the spirit but now i am afraid to go back.
The church is located in new haven Indiana, i do not wish to give a more description than this, they might figure me out.

I also wonder if all or most of the religion is being invaded by satanists, now that i actually think on it i remember allot of what some old pastors have said that had some satanic twist to it.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Um, I think you'll find this kind of hypocrisy is very much in line with the church.
As a satanist I find it irritating when Christians who are unhappy with the way their church works turn around and blame it on us. We have nothng to do with it.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Why waste your time going to a church you don't like?
Simply go to another.
Or stop wasting your time alltogether on the American soap opera that is evangelical christianity. It's all about drama, American culture and politics, and little to do with Christ.
My two cents.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cerebrus

The history of the church shows that the church can be infiltrated only too easily.
But I'm not sure why you should see those two "clues" as evidence of Satanism.
In the first place, hostility to witches implies the opposite of Satanism. Christians who are hostile to witches would argue that witchcraft is Satanic.
Secondly, the reference to a late-night service when they don't have a late-night service is mildly odd, but not, as such, pointing to Satanism. If they don't have late-night service at that church, they would both be free to go to a late-night service at another church- have you considered that?

The time to worry is when what the pastor is saying differs from traditional Christian teaching. If he's faithful to that, there's no need to go around looking for "resemblances" of other things.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cerebrus

What was the name of the Church?

Just curious.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Everything that the church do not understand, satan gets blamed. It's not a satanist thing to say be kind except... The babtists are some of the worse but are not alone.
I say it's just stupid people who think that they are superiour to others! It's a people thing.
We should be kind and love all, satanist, hindo's, atheists, wiccans, I mean all people!
Those who say, except...., are not true Christians. Get away from that church, find one that preaches real love to all, and don't condemn you to hell, for having your own thoughts!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Christianity is more Paganistic then Satanic.

Then who or what is Satan and what is His/Her Description?

What is your Definition of Heaven and Hell?

There are a lot of misconceptions about religions.

And people should look into the Gods they are praising.

Some of them aren't very nice.

Edited to add: And those Gods may not be Gods.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
are you sure it was the church being infiltrated by a satanist; or were you softly infiltrating the church.the church has to deal with soft infiltrates who are well versed in using the bible to its own ends; and the fractionalization of doctrine into separate faiths makes this an even greater task.go to a different church, if what you see is what you consider satanism;then you are a soft infiltrator and non acceptor of what the true church is.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
A fictional character is not to blame. Imaginary friends and foes, are not the causes of peoples actions. Imaginary friends and foes are NOT real. Church folk cant seem to understand this simple concept though.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

It is not the church that doesn't understand, it is the people.

The church makes loads of money off of Tithes, from the people.

They are not about to teach everyone God is an Alien and you don't need to give us money anymore.

If the people are stupid enough to give money away, then let them.

If they can't think for themselves, they are slaves.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well,did you hear him say it or not?

You must understand that Baptists churches are not like other churches.

The pastor and the congregation do have their own personal opinions and express their own personal beliefs from the pulpit.

You may find out from asking around there are others who also find what he says offensive and have moved on to other churches.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
You may find out from asking around there are others who also find what he says offensive and have moved on to other churches.

I would be interested in the church with a congregation made up of converts because they were offended by being told to be kind.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Evil's always hidden itself behind good, it's the only way it gets away with its biggest crimes.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I believe that it says in the bible, when god starves you, to eat your children....also, put the children to death of they disobey the parents...that sounds like it would come from satan.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

What you are saying is total BS.

Because if I would do what you say, I would be soft infiltrating any churge I visit and every singe one , no matter the difference is the one true churge.

My guess is, this is not what you mean.

Please explain yourself ?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
your crazy; and i dont have to speak crazy for you to be in my institution; but if i speak frank as my prior post and you dont agree: you cant take it up with my staff, nor can you seek other medications my institution creates/maintains/supports, if you illegally get the medication you feel you need and have an assembly of people just like yourself this does not mean you have become an employee of my institution nor are the conversations you have a cure for your craziness.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

I do not require a cure and I've been told I'm crazy before. I think you have every right to do whatever it is you want as long as it does not hurt people.

The problem is that what you say applies to everybody else, or every other churge.

How can it be the 1 true churge when it appies to every single one of them ?

Edit :
What is your institution ? I absolutely know you are wrong about mine.

[edit on 7/10/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm not saying I believe the following, but they make for interesting reading. The topic is satanic infiltration of the Vatican.

Main menu
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Sub-pages of interest:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

The Vatican is sketchy territory as it is. Fundamentalist Christians certainly believe that the Catholic Church is run by the devil and that each pope is akin to Satan's right hand man.

The first book I ever got from a fundy was all about how the pope is guided by the devil to lead people from Christ. They make a really good point, minus the whole imaginary deity thing but that was over 20 years ago so if you want to follow that rabbit, you got a long hole to go down if you are really interested.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
I believe that it says in the bible, when god starves you, to eat your children....

just for the sake of fighting dis-info...

no, it does not say that, in the bible.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join