It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet sites & marshal law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Just had an interesting though while reading about the server outage this morning. If a major terrorist incident happened would the government shut down certain web sites to control the flow of information? They can control phone lines as well as the televised media so what about subversive internet sites (ATS could definately be seen as one)? What do you think? Am I being paranoid again?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Paranoid highly doubt it, you are probably so close to the truth that they have a van pulling up to your curb right now!!!!! GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't think they would go through the trouble to shut down just one site, if there was such an incident that required a throttle of the internet, it would just be a call to all ISPs to halt service untill further notice. As we have all seen when a site drops that has good information a subsitute or mirror tends to show up rather fast, granted it would be impossible to have a real backup of ATS at the ready, I'm sure enough members frequent other sites and talk over IM that other avenues of information exchange would develop rather quickly.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Not just this site, but the server that it is on as well as other more big profile servers. Ones that have mostly news sites or the like.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What do people think about a contigency (I think thats the word) plan if martial law shuts down the Internet? Like meet up at a specified place 4 days after the shutdown?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Problem is so many people are members or just visit, word would go out very fast, unless they cut off all phone (landlines and mobile) internet, tv, radio, newspapers.....

[edit on 16-6-2004 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
What do people think about a contigency (I think thats the word) plan if martial law shuts down the Internet? Like meet up at a specified place 4 days after the shutdown?

Not a bad idea for a bunch of parinoid rebels such as us. But I propose we should have several meet sights around the world. So that everyone is close enough to a site that they can walk to them when the EMPs fry our cars out. = )

Anyone want to propose a spot for the Chicagoans?

new topics

top topics

join