It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ever happened to Haiti?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Honestly, what happened to the earthquake in Haiti? It was on the news constantly for like 2 weeks then, BAM! It is completely gone and unheard of.

Thoughts?

[edit on 10-7-2010 by typwar]

Was it just a coverup for something that was happening elsewhere in the world that is still a secret?

[edit on 10-7-2010 by typwar]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Simple:
Americans have a very small attention span.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The collective mind of the mainstream masses moved on.

"Eh, there weren't many pictures of people crushed by rubble for me look at at, and I donated a dollar at the grocery store. I'm bored now."

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by typwar

Guilty! I forgot too man, I guess my brain can only hold so much negativity and the comment about collective attention span being short is true, imo.
Thanks for the post and I'm sending prayers out for them again.
I will dig into it later and see where things are cuz I'm curious about their recovery.
Here is a bit of info:
www.haitiantimes.com...

Peace

[edit on 10-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

It's not just Americans. There hasn't been a peep about the Haiti quake since January here in Germany.

The media will only hold onto something as long as it has people's attention. When they're "bored" they move on. That's the sad thing about the 24 hour news cycle.

And this is the case anywhere in the world really.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Maybe part of the reason they don't want to keep Haiti in the spotlight is because they don't want to show people how and that the millions of dollars donated disappeared into the pit of corruption.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What an embarrassment.

In all, just 2 percent of the $5.3 billion in near-term aid pledges have actually been delivered, up from 1 percent last week.

From Jun 21rst.
US Senate Report

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Simple the politicians and entertainers have had their moment in the spotlight, shored up votes and made money. Now it's time to move on. It really shows thier bias though when nothing of the sort except for Jimmy Buffe3tt and company do something for our own people.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Earthquake - U.S. Military took over - Done!

That's all you need to know.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
not sure how many of you remember the old doctor who?

anyway they had an episode where there was a moon base and a control tower which would read off the important news that was happening. Such as flooding in Germany, France overwhelmed with heat wave, food shortage in China.

anyway it read through those reports as fast as it could name them, then it moved on to the next issue. It seems our news has started to go along those lines. letting us know what they want us to and then moving on to the next "big issue". Sooner or later we will become so bored with news that we will want just the headlines and not care much of the rest of it. We will sit there and go oh those poor Germans, oh no w those poor Chinese, Oh the French how sad.

The more the world comes together through the internet and the airplane, the more horrible headlines we will see. The more horrible headlines the less caring we will become. If the Haiti event had happened back in the 1800's 1st we would not have had the same world wide coverage, and 2nd a lot less people would be doing a lot more to help out.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yea happened to Haiti?

More importantly, what ever happened to the Polsh Plane that crashed and killed the Polish President along with 95 other people on April 10-11?!?!

Oh thats right, oil started gushing out of the Gulf non-stop on April 20th!

What a good way to distract all of America and Britain from the obvious assassination of an entire country's political leaders. Not to mention it was on Russian soil and gunshots were caught on tape immediately after the plane crashed.

The info is now back logged into the achieves of MSM, and updates on the plane crash investigation apparently aren't even important enough for a place on the bottom ticker.

Weapons of Mass Distraction do work...

[edit on 10-7-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by typwar

Was it just a coverup for something that was happening elsewhere in the world that is still a secret?

I vote the same as everyone else. It was just the disaster du jour.

It happens all the time. Something is big news for a while and then the next thing happens and everyone forgets.

That being said, it could have been a cover-up for something else. I don't think anyone can make an earthquake, but someone could have inadvertently gotten lucky and had their own scandal ignored in favor of bigger news. I'll bet Mel Gibson has been praying for an earthquake or two lately.

I'm sort of glad it's passed. I don't want to exactly say I get angry when people donate money to these victims of foreign disasters(if I were in there place, I would certainly appreciate the help), but I do wish people would respond in a similar matter to the problems at "home". We have plenty of homeless and out of work people in the US. I'm sure they could use the money.

If people instead donated the money to Americans, they could not only help someone in need , but help themselves too by allowing America to prosper. You can consider helping those in foreign countries basically throwing your money away. Not only do the people in other countries hate America, but their leaders don't even return the favor and help out America when there is a problem there.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It hasn't completely been forgotten.

Haiti earthquake appeal raises second highest amount

This was posted on the BBC News website earlier.

Link to BBC News page.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Simple:

Do you realize the world is not about the yanks?

new topics

top topics

join