It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President (Ahmadinejad): US is main obstacle on way of Monotheism Caravan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

President (Ahmadinejad): US is main obstacle on way of Monotheism Caravan

www.irna.ir

Ahmadinejad said that the main historical obstacle on the way of the `Caravan of Monotheism’ is global arrogance, led by the US.

He then said outcries, threats and resolutions are all signs of the US desperation and “their (Americans’) outcries all testify their being on the verge of collapse.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My knowledge of Islam is limited, so I am not sure what is the "Caravan of Monotheism" which Ahmadinejad keeps speaking about.

Can anyone help me out with that?

I am concerned about his comment where he, "...give(s) you the good tiding today that under God’s grace, the Caravan is nearing its end.”

This could be a purely religious statement (again, please someone look into this) but when he also mentions the U.S. on the verge of collapse (with the caravan of monotheism) it makes me wonder if he speaks of waging a holy war against the U.S.

This is of course pure speculation, which is why I want to hear everyone's opinion of the article.

What do you think?

www.irna.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I believe it has something to do with the fact that Muslims believe that Muhammad created monotheism, instead of Christianity. What he means by a "caravan" could simply mean the spreading of Islam throughout the world -- but I'm not really sure.

Maybe this will help a little:
[note: it's from a Christian site and contains opinion, not what I am saying is fact]

Muhammad learned monotheism from Christians

Muslims today believe the myth that Muhammad introduced monotheism to the area around Mecca and Arabia in general. The truth is that Muhammad got tired of the Christians constantly preaching monotheism to him fellow Arabs, knowing in his heart, that they were correct in their criticism of Arab paganism. There can be little doubt that Christians, in their evangelism of the are around Mecca, charged the Arabs with paganism and polytheism. Christians criticized those worshipping 260 pagan gods at the Kabah and offered Christianity as a far superior monotheistic religion. In his heart, Muhammad knew the Christians were right and had a better religion of monotheism. But some Muslims today, are totally ignorant of the fact that monotheism was widely preached before, during and after the rise of Muhammad, by the Christians. It was a well known theology and the Arabs were familiar with it. Amazingly, today Muslims criticize as polytheists, the very one’s who taught Muhammad about monotheism! By the time Muhammad came along, the pagan Arabs were ripe for conversion to Monotheism because of the preaching of Christians.

Source:
www.bible.ca...

Further, from the article above:

Noting that all people in the universe now think the root cause of problems is the tyranny governing the world, the President said the key to the mankind problems is recourse to Quran and acting on it.

In summary of all of the above:

Basically, I think he is saying that in order to save the World, everyone should convert to Islam and the United States is preventing that from happening.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Basically, I think he is saying that in order to save the World, everyone should convert to Islam and the United States is preventing that from happening.

Thanks for the research!

Well I guess the next question is, "Since the U.S. is preventing the world conversion to Islam, will Ahmadinejad do something about it?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

I think the concept of Iran waging a holy war against anyone is beyond ludicrous. Try to name the last war that Iran started.

I don't know what he means by caravan of monotheism. Is the US not considered (however inaccurately) a Christian nation? Or is he going by the (slightly more accurate) notion that the US is an atheist nation? That might make more sense.

Either way, his speech is basically saying - The US has been a powerful hindrance to the advance of Islam for a long time. But their way of life is failing. When the US fails, Islam (or monotheism) will enjoy a golden age of prosperity. I think that's the gist of his message.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will

I don't know what he means by caravan of monotheism. Is the US not considered (however inaccurately) a Christian nation? Or is he going by the (slightly more accurate) notion that the US is an atheist nation? That might make more sense.

Or is it that Muslims have convinced themselves that they are the only true monotheists,and that even Christians are idolaters? They would probably point to the Trinity doctrine, for a start.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think that you are all right and that I may have read too much into Ahmadinejad statements.

Thanks for all your help!

top topics

join