It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

asteroid 25143 itokawa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

There has been so many, the world is endings here I just don't worry-BTW I am not saying that was your point, I think you just posted a point of interest.
I will bet all my ATS points to anyone who feels lucky that nothing major will happen in June or September.
Ok, who out there is brave enough to put up or shut up, just pick the date(in 2004) and we will see. I figure it this way, either I get your points or we all die and you wouldn't get my points anyway. Any Takers?

[edit on 16-6-2004 by mrmonsoon]

I'll take ya up on that. I'm movin in mid-Sept across the country, so that's a major event. Should be sometime around Sept 14-18th. Fork over my points!!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
0.015 AU is 9973,1914 Km ..... that b1tch ain't gonna blow us up. Nor will toutatis.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
1) "There are a couple of additional interesting points to note about Toutatis. In 1979, the famous alien contactee Billy Meier published a book that predicted that an asteroid would threaten Earth in this timeframe. Amazingly, Meier predicted that the asteroid would be named 'Toutatis' when it was discovered. Toutatis was subsequently discovered and named exactly as Meier predicted in 1989, a full 10 years after this prediction was published! I note that Meier never said Toutatis would necessarily collide with Earth at this time, but that it would 'threaten' Earth."

Whether Billy Meier was a fraud or not he still predicted the meteor.

2)"Hence a possibility of the Toutatis-Earth collision is not excluded but it is completely unpredictable. To investigate conditions of a hypothetical collision of a minor planet with the Earth we made the following numerical simulation. Based on the Toutatis' orbit, we deduced such orbital elements for a fictitious minor planet "Fatum" that a shape of the orbit was very similar to that of Toutatis, but we knew in advance that "Fatum" would certainly collide with the Earth in September 2004 and we calculated values of the impact parameters. "

adsabs.harvard.edu...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Is this another AB story below?

www.rense.com...
Not again....

I found another site to help define this rock.
www.space.com...

[edit on 18-6-2004 by GildedHammer]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
They said fictitious. And even though Toutatis' orbit is 'unpredictable' if you go to any major NEO observing page (such as NASA for instance) you will see for yourself that it will NOT collide with earth.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by k33l
They said fictitious. And even though Toutatis' orbit is 'unpredictable' if you go to any major NEO observing page (such as NASA for instance) you will see for yourself that it will NOT collide with earth.

When was the last time that Toutatis was this close again? Hmmm before it could be observed? I think in the 1300s? So there really isn't any record of how close its orbit can potentially get? Its just "scientifically" calculated?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join