It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff's Employee Arrested as Illegal Immigrant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

DALLAS - A detention service officer at the Dallas County jail was arrested Friday and charged with immigration violations.

I find it really hard to believe that someone could be working for the sheriff's dept for that long and not get caught until they apply for a deputy job..

She was hired former Sheriff Jim Bowles in 2001 and has since served on Sheriff Lupe Valdez’s quality assurance team for improving jail sanitation.

It wasn’t until she applied for a sheriff’s deputy position that a background check flagged her immigration status.

www.myfoxdfw.com...

The county says there are no plans to implement routine background checks as a result.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Whahahaha this is too funny.

Oh the irony, it would have been even funnier if she worked for immigration department.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

You should read some of the responses/comments below it..

seems like a lot of illegals are in office jobs or working for city/state jobs,not just picking crops out in fields..

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This seems just unbelievable!

The news site says:

The county says that out of the 1,300 detention service officers, none undergo regular background checks.

But I found the application for Detention Service Officer and it clearly shows that an EXTENSIVE background check is required:

Link to Application

So it looks like there may be an opening for not just DSO's but an opening in the backgrounds unit too. Unbelievable!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
OK, I've been following this debate and found that the main issue is that II's are a drain on the system. I'd wager my last dollar though that this person was a tax paying individual. Right?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

They would have to be seeing as their paycheck would already show deductions for local, state, and federal taxes.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yes, they would be..the big question here is..How did this person get this job in the first place?
If no BG check was done,which the app clearly states that they do them, then i am guessing that they are skipping this vital step in the hiring process.
which makes me wonder what else they are skipping..drug testing??

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

OK, I've been following this debate and found that the main issue is that II's are a drain on the system. I'd wager my last dollar though that this person was a tax paying individual. Right?

IMO the far bigger deal is that she broke federal law to get into this country, but she was in charge of detaining people who broke the law and are (maybe/mostly) US citizens.

Irony at (nearly) it's finest.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
One more question, forgive me if this was not explained, exactly whose social security number is being used for those taxes?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
One more question, forgive me if this was not explained, exactly whose social security number is being used for those taxes?

The SSN used was probably made up, when an employer submits a SSN that cannot be found they then are issued a TAX-ID number which is used to deduct the taxes state and federal.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by ANOMALY502

The SSN used was probably made up, when an employer submits a SSN that cannot be found they then are issued a TAX-ID number which is used to deduct the taxes state and federal.

Hence the great background checking being done.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

Thanks for posting that..

glad you found it..someone is not doing their job...again..

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by mistafaz

Thanks for posting that..

glad you found it..someone is not doing their job...again..

Someone or more is going to be getting some "beach time" definitely.
Things like background checks for any type of LE job, sworn or non-sworn, are usually VERY extensive wanting to know every detail of your life going back to birth. To hear that someone is an illegal alien and got past the background check shows that the incompetence, either intentional or not, was perpetrated at the highest level of the Backgrounds Unit.

I wouldn't be surprised if that person had some connections in the Personnel Unit or Administration seeing as the Office of the Sheriff is a political one at it's core.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Sorry, you must have some kind of problem.

People that are supposed to enforce the law are NOT required to follow the law, that is a basic TENANT in the US of A.

Let us just go over what the HELL is going on in our country, the illegals are released from ANY law.

Any societal member is instantly convicted of ANY statute.

Can anyone tell me WHY? Can anyone tell me what is the PURPOSE?

ANYONE? Including the mods. Please explain the purpose?

new topics

top topics

join