It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cryptozoology degree?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
for one to be a cryptozoologist, does one need a degree. is there a college major for it? or do u just major in related fields or study them and cryptozoologist is a self-given title?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Don't know, haven't seen any colleges offer cryptozoology as a course.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If you really want to do this, and you really want to devote a degree to it, I'd go w/a traditional type of biology degree. Like a tradtional "Zoology" type degree. Perhaps specialize in endangered or extinct species, and perhaps have some paleontology for good measure. Once a person is educated enough, they can call themselves any title, and people will simply accept it. ;-) (Psychiatric Epidemiologist comes to mind. . .)

I think cryptozoology is not accepted by most universities to the extent that they would offer cryptozoology classes. It would be kind of like a class in Alien Technology Engineering.

This is not a matter of what you or I believe in, it's a matter of what the general public believes, and how much money a university could make by offering such classes. Many people would not spend money on things like this, whether they are real or not, simply because these same people are so convinced that such things are not real. Therefore, in their minds, they would be buying a fake product.

--J1m

(Man, I get wordy with everything I try to say. . .;-/)

join