It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Art - The Chalk Guy Ben Glenn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

That sidewalk one where he is squatting on a board really made me bend my head as though I were looking under the sidewalk. I simply cannot begin to understand perspective or a talent such as he has. Now this is what shock and awe should really be. This man has such an amazing gift! I don`t mean this disrespectfully, but I hope he eventually donates his brain to science or has his DNA analysis done and kept on file.

I am not in the least bit visual, so I`d appreciate it if artists could tell me how they view things. Do they see things in pixels? Are they aware of shadowing or is it instictive? Do they look for it? Do they automatically gestalt everything into basic shapes, for instance?

I played piano by ear and could simply not reconcile what I saw a sheet of music with what I was playing. I had free scholarship at the Conservatory because of a perfect pitch. All I know is that I could repeat the sounds I heard in harmony, and repeated the mood as best I could sometimes inserting a different mood and tempo to shock or amuse my professors. Am I talking a different language here or do interpreters of what they say or see perceive things so utterly differently?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Hello again aboutface, thanks for a thoughtful comment

The visualization process you mention involves perspective, and this sometimes includes using techniques to give a 2 dimension surface the illusion of 3 dimensional. This is obtained by various techniques including linear perspective, scale, tone variation, vanishing points, and patterns and texture.
Here's a couple of links explaining further:
www.perspective-book.com...
en.wikipedia.org...(graphical)
And a vid too:

Now this guy is a true master of "perspective," and to do it as fast as does is even more amazing.
Yes, artists do view things from an artist perspective which does include the things you mentioned. They utilize proportion and value in assessing things, the play of light and shadow and shapes and balance.
It is a language, as you put it, like your music, but for the eyes. Perfect pitch eh? Nice, so you can appreciate a harmonizing effect, a chorus of expression, a symphony of variation put together for a unique effect. It is similar for the artist too.
"inserting a different mood and tempo," sounds like art to me! And this is where our distinctness plays a part in things, assigning our very own touch to a piece, like a fingerprint. So, like music, art can be an organizing of individual parts to make a whole.

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Wow..totally awesome bro..

nice find!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

My pleasure baddmove

He has a few new ones I will upload later, but you can Google em'.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I've seen this before! Holy Heck.. These are really incredible. It's amazing that someone can create this.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This is simply amazing , that guy is my new hero

Not much more to say , I am in to much awe to formulate words

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thank you Itali and Thill.

spec

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Shame that advertising is creeping into his work. But I guess he needs money to buy chalk.

This what I truley consider art. Able to reproduce images by hand.

Not a yellow line with a dot, that you see.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

At least I believe he takes a significant portion of his earnings to set up workshops for kids with behavioral issues such as ADD.
But yes, a master of perspective like I have never seen!
Thanks for the comment.

spec

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I found a link with some similiar works done by a guy named Kurt Wenner. hes pretty good too. check the link out when you get a chance
www.boredpanda.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

WOW! Much thanks there bone

Someone should do a thread, and link it to this one also.
This stuff really is amazing!
Peace,

spec

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've seen some of his work. I am astonished! What a marvelous gift of perspective.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

Thanks for the reply RIT, yes perspective on perspective, for sure!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join