It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkeys trained as battlefield killers in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So has anyone else heard of this going on in the middle east? Here's a snippet from the article.

Afghanistan's Taliban insurgents are training monkeys to use weapons to attack American troops, according to a recent report by a British-based media agency. Reporters from the media agency spotted and took photos of a few "monkey soldiers" holding AK-47 rifles and Bren light machine guns in the Waziristan tribal region near the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan. The report and photos have been widely spread by media agencies and Web sites across the world. According to the report, American military experts call them "monkey terrorists."

Wow never thought I would here this Monkey terrorists.
Here's a linkenglish.people.com.cn...
and some pics here

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by QuestionTheGovernment

monkeys being trained for human war is old news.

we had countries offer us monkeys when going to Iraq.

sad

edit: those monkeys do look scary though.

what do you do when a monkey holds an ak to your face?

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It is not hard to train monkey to press a trigger. But how monkey could be trained to aim - i do not know. Or work as a squad. Or change a magazine. Or deal with jammed weapon. Good way to waste weapons and ammunition though.
"Planet of the apes" still is too far.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I have no idea it's defiantly something you don't see everyday.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Not only that how would you stop it from turning on you. A monkey rolling around with an AK47 is dangerous.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Why not ?

They probably have more brains than the generals and politicians.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
www.museumize.com...
i THINK THESE PHOTOS ARE FAKE. as monkeys see no evil hear no evil and say no evil .
lololol

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by QuestionTheGovernment

I couldn't stop myself from laughing

c'mon guys...this has to be a hoax

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
gun monkeys dosnt sound to clever to me! however suicide mokeys would work quite well id imagine.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

I thought so as well but its still unfolding I guess will see.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

LOL, yeah they have the monkey strap on a bomb filled vest and then they hand the target a bunch of bananas.

Monkey Terrorists....

Thanks for brightening my day!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
wow
This ranks right up there with boobie bombs, and underwear bombs.
Though prolly not quite so dangerous as predator drones.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well the US is one step ahead of them. The US is deploying 46 warships and 7000 marines to Costa Rica to cut off there banana supplies.

Banana strike
10.12AM Sat Jul 10 2010
Striking banana plantation workers and police have clashed in western Panama, leaving one man dead and 100 people hurt.

Eighteen of the injured in Bocas del Toro province, on the border with Costa Rica, were in critical condition, the national emergency agency said in a statement.

www.itv.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Well the US navy uses dolphins or did, I guess there are no more fish to lure them in and coax them ( poisoned in the oil soaked gulf ) so now they are going after the bananas to get the monkeys...the bananas are full of DDT...

Gee, the US pays well. It's the pay that causes gulf war syndrom...go figure.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I found a picture of one of the monkey soldiers being detained.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ironically, the initiators of "monkey soldiers" are the Americans. Between the 1960s and the 1970s, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) trained massive "monkey soldiers" in the Vietnam War and dispatched armed monkeys to dangerous jungles to launch assaults on Vietnamese soldiers. Today, the Taliban forces have given the American troops some of their own medicine. When armed animals enter interpersonal wars, what kind of world will we face? This cannot but arouse our reflections and concerns.

Any validity to this statement?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
.. and here's their delta squad!

IRM

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
First its this almighty, feared and invincible force of almost mythical Taliban fighters. They annihilated almost endless armies of invincible nuclear Soviet Russia and posses the uncanny ability to quickly regenerate and repel subsequent attacks from World® aka the United States.

Then its some international terrorist secret religious extremist sect bent on raping our wives, killing our golden retrievers and blowing up major cities across the World® all at the same time. Undoubtedly ruled by Mojo Jojo who plots world domination in his secret lab.

And then, then, there's this "Axis of Evil", an entire group of super-villains and their mighty armies with only one thing in there evil minds: spreading evil and harassing innocent people, because if they can't have a golden retriever no one should.

This has gone beyond control to such extent that even trained armies of AK-47-wielding extremist monkeys don't seem so implausible any more. These super-villains are now plotting a skim where they'll train evil monkeys to aid them in their conquest of corruption.

I once thought "only in America" but this plague of extreme gullibility has no preference in which place, nation, or continent it will spread its false wisdom. Many of us wake up from this nightmare with a loud "whaaaaaaaaaat?" scream only to realize they're still dreaming and that there's no easy way out.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Old news

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
how else do people combat against predator drones? They need to fight fire with fire, by using drones instead of people. The next best thing to a robot (which they can't afford or build) is monkeys.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join