It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Cloud Formation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Can someone please explain this to me. I Live in miami and I was driving down to the Florida Keys last night around 8:00 and this is what i saw. I had no idea what i was looking at. I took several pictures from my phone. One of my friend said "glitch in the matrix?" and another proposed its something like the "hole punch theory" which I have never heard about before. Thoughts?

Sorry if the pictures look the same, rest assured they are all different. I just kept snapping pictures as we were driving.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
besides for that few pictures that show a void in the cloud, that kind of look like they were cut out with straight edges, I don't see anything odd.

looks like a thunderstorm a brewing.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

you have to scroll to the right in the picture to see the cloud. Its almost like a scoop of cloud was taken out. I dont see that being a natural phenomenon. And i live in a very stormy city so i see storms every day and thats not normal.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
To me it kind of looks like a part of a anticrepusculary ray, but I am not sure, I am not an expert.
Just yesterday Phage explained this to somebody else www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
bazaar, it looks like something is cloaked, blocking out that section of the cloud. something big.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I dont exactly see what you are talking about OP

All I see to the far right is a gap in the clouds, as you normally get with any of the cloud types

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wow. Super cool. It appears as if the dark thundercloud under the missing part might have something to do with it. If you look closely the missing part seems to grow with that thunder head. The last picture shows what i mean well. What ever it is. Natural or photoshop. Its neat.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

a gap in the clouds thats cut off perfectly with straight edges? i find that highly improbable.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Must be a Chinese lantern. Trust me, I'm an expert. But no, that's probably some thing ordinary. If you dig deeper you might find similar images. Or maybe its a giant mothership, cloaked in the cloud with the guys at controls sleeping because they failed to notice they are touching a cloud and making it look weird.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by YouCanCallMeKM]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sandri_90

hmm i see what your saying but from what i can tell, the anticrepusculary ray doesnt affect the disappearance of parts of clouds. But I have to research that some more

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Its the Borg. They asimulated Romulan ships and have cloaking abilities. Only the Borg use rectangular ships ya know.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by halobaby
reply to post by sandri_90

hmm i see what your saying but from what i can tell, the anticrepusculary ray doesnt affect the disappearance of parts of clouds. But I have to research that some more

Ah I see now

Im 100% certain that is an anti crepuscular ray. You can tell that the top of the cumulonimbus cloud is causing the effect

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I can understand the ray part, but not the clouds having completely straight edges.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Logestar

Maybe the "head" of the cloud "sliced" the one above it? It does not look like a shadow, so...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Theres also the Homestead Airforce Base down there. I wonder if that has anything to do with it, assuming this isnt a natural event and all.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think its an anticrepuscular ray. I'm assuming the white cloud must be very very thin, even though it's bright white, and your pics make it look like the cloud has disappeared altogether in the shadow of the other clouds. It does look strange.

Great photos. Well spotted.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Logestar

I see what your saying. That makes sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fcc5f4b321d.jpg[/atsimg]

Easier to see in a wee pic.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by halobaby

I can understand the ray part, but not the clouds having completely straight edges.

You seem to be missing the idea here. The reason the clouds have the straight edges, is becasue the anti crepsucular ray obscures them from where the picture was taken from. Its not that the clouds edges end there, its just that due to the rays prescence, you were not able to see this.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
uh yeah i mentioned how i noticed that but it isnt odd. well, i cant explain what causes it but i've seen it many times.

I tried telling someone how I thought the real thing in the sky is white, and that its the blue that intrudes the white, not the white that intrudes blue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join