It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY State spending $15.6 million an hour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

according to the Empire Center for New York State Policy’s “Spend-O-Meter.” The Empire Center said the meter is calibrated to the state Division of Budget’s estimated $136.5 billion spending plan for fiscal year 2010-11
According to the meter, New York spends:
• $4,328 a second
• $259,703 a minute
• $15,582,192 an hour
• $373,972,603 a day
•$2,625,000,000 a week.
• $10,983,333,333 a month
At the time of this writing, $37.209 billion and change had been spent so far this fiscal year.

www.bizjournals.com...

www.empirecenter.org...
Spend-O-Meter

wow New York is done for. I love the land but ive always hated albany and NYC. state government sucks, federal government sucks... somethings gotta give somewhere eventually...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wow thats absolutely incredible. Where do they get all of this money? Certainly not just from taxes?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by halobaby
Wow thats absolutely incredible. Where do they get all of this money? Certainly not just from taxes?

IOU's.

It's trickle down debt all supported by their credit rating.

The Northeast classics like MA, CT and NY have been running this way since the early 80's. There was always a place to hide the debt and take out more up until about 5 years ago.

Their budgets havent been based on any real income/outcome for a long long long time. Even Monopoly money will run out eventually.

Can't wait to see legions of politicians and sneaky accountants throwing themselves off bridges.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by halobaby

By raising cigarette tax, among other things...but nearly 10 bucks a pack now.

But yeah..I don't see how they can support this, when the cookie crumbles here its going to be ugly.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If you think that is something, have a look at this...

www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I DONT DARE- i only have a bottle of sedatives

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Rant:

As a resident of Long Island, I have to ask: what do we get for all this money? The subways are filthy and stretched to the breaking point, fares are highway robbery regardless of huge cutbacks in service, the economy is in the toilet, the cost of living is astronomical, taxes are ridiculous, the schools are a disaster, the housing market is insane, the job market is ... what job market?, we're threatened with water shortages and summer always means power outages, even garbage collection is shoddy, and we have the highest gas prices east of the Rocky Mountains.

I really hate this state.

The thugs in Albany should be impeached and tried for financial terrorism.

new topics

top topics

join