It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the state sponsor drug addiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
During the 19th century the British, contrary to the country’s prohibition laws, supplied opium to the Chinese people on such a scale that it provoked two wars with Chinese in 1839 and 1858, which the Chinese lost. By 1905 a quarter of the male population of China were regular consumers of opium.

Why? Simply because China had a positive trade balance sheet with the British...the British living beyond their means, were running down their stocks of silver... so they became dealers and imported opium from India, in massive quantities, to balance Britain’s books with China.

The youth in Britain may be blissfully ignorant of the Opium Wars but the Chinese people learned a horrible lesson (completely beyond their control) that they will never forget.

Meantime in the UK the current state of play according to homeoffice.gov is homeoffice.gov

As a teenager, in the early days of ‘Thatcher’s Britain’, a few took ‘a smoke’, and 99.9% of the time that smoke was cannabis. A lot of people never took up smoking cannabis because they didn’t like smoking at all.

In those days however (beginning to fade nostalgically to memories of the ‘good old days’) if a ‘do good’ neighbour smelled ‘something funny’ they would phone the police and report it. And the police would actually turn up, carry out a search and press charges on the basis of neighbourhood watch olfactics!!

Compare that with just 4 years later when a fella I knew vaguely approached me telling me how I’d missed myself at the weekend. A massive outdoor ‘rave’ had been held etc etc. First of all I burst out laughing at the use of the word ‘rave’. It brought forth quaint images of Buddy Holly...just for the first time every illegal drug was being consumed with the police on a watching brief. Why the change in policy?

The music was designed for the drug MDMA (ecstasy)...a social connection too. During lab experiments on rats and mice they knew that MDMA increased locomotor activity in the brain ... the brain enjoyed simple repetitive stimuli...and moving to same. MDMA Effects
The test that I remember in particular was of three caged rats.
The first rat, being in its natural state, the second was on speed and the third on ecstasy. The first rat moved in an irregular and inquisitive fashion - changing direction, altering speed, rising on two legs and sniffing the lid of the restrictive glass box on occasion. The second rat, the rat given speed, behaved in exactly the same fashion as the first rat -but a lot faster. The third rat however, the one on mdma, didn’t behave in a ‘normal’ rat way at all. It simply repeatedly walked round the parameters of the glass box, in the same direction, at the same rate, showing no interest in anything at all in its limited environment.
No wonder the authorities tacitly consented to its use! The benefits to the state at the time of its wide spread introduction include;
1. Giving users, with no economic future before them, something to look forward to on a weekend.
2. Replacing ambition with addiction.
3. Pacifying young males under the age of 25.
4. The hugely increased market for illegal drugs kept liquid cash flowing through the economy at a time when there wasn’t much going round.
5. No-one really noticed or cared while our food, manufacturing and power industries moved elsewhere.
A little bit of what happened to the Chinese population way back when.
Milosevic’s Serbia really demonstrated the attempts of the state to maintain absolute control over its youth. For an explanation of how Milosevic hijacked the rebellious youth culture Listen Here This doc. was produced by BBC Radio 1 at a time when their own playlist was heavily censored.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm in total agreement with you.

I have little more to add other than take a look at what happened to the civil-rights movement in the US.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yep, the party culture is a waste of life. Not saying you should NEVER let loose in you're life and have fun experiences, but, like with everything, there is a lack of moderation in many who partake.

A sinister plan behind specific drug distribution is intriguing though.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
For one it is:

1.) It's Profitable guaranteeing repeat business and long term profits.
2.) And is another diversionary form of Control.
3.) Promotes the NWO system of Eugenics

A case in point is Heroin having been introduced in the 1930's in Harlem, New York City and it's effect upon that community.
As well as 50 years later, and the introduction of Crack Cocaine and it's detrimental effects that are still in existent today.

Which are:

1.) Broken Homes and destruction of the family unit.

2.) Crime, the highly addictive nature of these drugs forces users to resort to crime in order to support their ever increasing dependence upon drugs.
The Increase in crime lowers real estate values and creates the impoverished ghettos of today.

3.) Economic and generational dependence upon the drug business, The influence and magnitude of money upon the impressionable young promotes the thug culture for the young vs real education. And thus Perpetuates the cycle generation after generation due to economics.

This segues into the overall NWO agenda which is to keep the common people divided by various means, especially by race.

The reinforcement of the racial stereotypes and aids in promoting the racial and economic divide that is so prevalent amongst Americans today.

And That is why the state sponsors drug addiction.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Without the drug laundering money the banking system and the NWO would collapse.

It is legal for foreigners to launder drug money in the US, it is only illegal for little ol citizens to do it.

Poppy Bush means opium poppy bush.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

For one it is:

1.) It's Profitable guaranteeing repeat business and long term profits.
2.) And is another diversionary form of Control.
3.) Promotes the NWO system of Eugenics

Agreed. We are funding the consumption which will lead to our own downfall by hook or by crook. In the UK heroin was made illegal only in 1955. Outside of a few bohemian arty types there was little abuse of the substance. It was in almost every home's medicine cabinet to be used when required as a very effective pain killer.

The first company to license 'heroin' was the German pharmaceutical company Bayer. It was supposed to be a non-addictive substitute to opium which was being widely abused. Around the same time Bayer had 'aspirin' licensed.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
We are funding the consumption which will lead to our own downfall by hook or by crook.

Small point, but it's not "We" it's "They".

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I definetely meant 'we' as opposed to 'they'. 'They' use the kind of logic and business sense that determines that 'they' don't pay for anything. 'They simply receive and redistribute profits. It is 'we' who are paying for this game one way or another. Either by paying the local dealer or paying local taxes. Either way 'we' are paying for this not 'they'.

top topics

join