It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is a Cop-out

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

If it is still here, it has not been resolved. Many Blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by theuhstuf

There is nothing to fear except fear itself. Many Blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

The fact that you are still looking for proof is cause for celebration, enjoy the journey. Many Blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

I love your signature, do you love yourself? Many Blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

If I accused you falsely, please accept my apology, your referring me to the rules and yours being the last post on the closed thread was my clue. Assuming that I have only read one book during all my incarnations on this planet is your prerogative. I offer however that wisdom is not found in books but in awareness. Many Blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by Saul of Tarsus

I find your title to be very judgmental, to make your own stance look 'good'.

I dont find God holding it against anyone for needing to only believe what they can see or know. God is understanding...and will offer to all what they are in need of. Being content with your inner self, is a big part of what we all are in need of. Not seeking rewards in the after life, just living the best you know how with honest intentions, being humble enough to not place yourself above others.....these are important attributes that a non believer can have.

I dont think its about banking our soul on a belief, I think its about a weighing of our inner nature, what kind of person we are.

The title was designed to shake things up and draw attention to my thread, absolutely. As to the balance of your reply, they are all worthy concepts yes. With regards to your closing sentence, I invite you to keep asking yourself the question, "Who am I?"

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I believe you to be a troll. You copy another users idea of a thread and posted pretty much the same thread as he did. Believe me everyone is never going to agree on what's real and what's fake. There nothing but hiccups.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

I rest my case

But your case is flawed, and is not sound.

If they reset, then they would see that being an atheist requires a bigger belief system than any other."

Their stance does not stand on a 'belief' at all....they accept things they can observe, study, figure, reason with, understand. There is nothing wrong with that. It doesnt keep anyone from being a good person, which is what matters.

There are those that believe, and are only good people, because they await rewards for being 'good'. This is not honest, this is not true intentions.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by LeoVirgo]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by LeoVirgo]

Had to rest because of the need to chop wood and carry water. Investigate the intelligence of the heart (which loves, intuits and knows) vs. the brain (which observes, studies, figures, reasons and understands) Many Blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Keep searching. Many Blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Athiests use the same fools logic as the religious do, both jump to conclusions over something that when all is said and done they can't know for sure if they are right. Athiests just are not bound to serve any deity or higher good.

Touche! Many Blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Saul are you a follower of the Catholic faith?
2nd line.....

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Keep searching. Many Blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon

Non-belief in god is a belief. That is in contrary howver to the assertion that any human can make regarding any "gods" so far revealed in any religion. YOu see , those gods have attributes , histories, philosophies and such as written by their diviners and books. Those gods can without any reasonable doubt have their existence curtailed into the realm of non-existence .

This is really simpleton logic for anyone who knows anything about belief systems. To make my point clear , you cannot prove nor disprove ANYTHING you have no device to measure , feel, or is abstract in interpretation. Is art art?

However once an idea gains attributes and philosophies it IS possible to either find them sound in reasoning and scope ,or in the contrary , send them to the wasting pits of deluded reasoning and non-existence.

We should be talking about WHY Atheist tend to dismiss the beliefs they do instead. Just like Atheists make their points on solid logical ground.

The heart's intelligence exceeds that of the brain by far (scientifically proven). Why limit yourself to the brain? Many Blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Completely amazing! I totally agree with you. Religion is a partial blockage because it keeps you from reaching your full potential by holding you back, and atheism is just total crap because, and I am not joking, the very fact that atheists do not believe in free will and that we can create our own reality and that we have a spirit and that we can bring new ideas into the system stifles their growth completely. A lot of those things can be proven scientifically. What is creativity but reaching into the unknown and bringing into the world what wasn't here before?

Quantum physics and string theory completely explains how what you say is possible, however the atheist scientific community is totally being a pain in the ass about it. They won't be able to stonewall it forever, though.

And yes, there is probably an afterlife, and yes, there is probably a creator, a creating force of some kind.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by darkbake]

[edit on 11-7-2010 by darkbake]

Beautiful! Many Blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
I like OP, he creates divisive thread and abandons it and doesn't afraid of anything...

There's no yawn icon, so I'll do a sadface :'(

Love you too Jokei. Many Blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Ok, you're definitely missing my question, one last time - I don't know how to make this more simple for you, so the main part of the question is in bold...

When this is an ongoing debate here on ATS, why can you not contribute to an ongoing thread (of which there are many) instead of just whipping up yet another pointless X Vs Y thread that ultimately will not satisfy either party.

As an aside to this, I would like to note that there have been some decent posts from both sides of the argument and it's been good to see some that I disagree with being polite and intelligent, I cannot extend this to the OP whom I see as a boring troll.

Originally posted by Saul of Tarsus
reply to post by jokei

If I accused you falsely, please accept my apology, your referring me to the rules and yours being the last post on the closed thread was my clue. Assuming that I have only read one book during all my incarnations on this planet is your prerogative. I offer however that wisdom is not found in books but in awareness. Many Blessings

Well, you've not been here that long, you may want to note that on the whole the moderators are very active and alert. It seems symptomatic of your attitude that you point the finger without thinking through. If I had reported you, I would clearly state so. I've had many of my own threads moved or even removed (never closed though (shrug)), I personally don't feel a need to point fingers nor sulk about it - maybe if you were more a man of christ you would have turned the other cheek?

I was not assuming you had only read one book, but from your glib interpretation of my comment it might be fair
- the comment actually meant that you were sinking your belief into one book - that let's face it has a questionable history (which edition are you choosing etc) as opposed to many books (Science, philosophy, sociology etc) that are very well researched and sourced. I was not in any way assuming your whole scope of reading material and can only assume you've purposely misinterpreted my statement to further your (shoddy) rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Really got to you, didn't I? If I don't communicate with you exclusively for a while, it is because I am replying to other posts. Will be back though. Many Blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Saul of Tarsus
Atheism is a cop-out. Non-belief in GOD is non-belief in self. GOD is not a dead white male in the sky. G (generate) O (organize) D (deliver) are attributes of the one reality of which we are part, therefore attributes of ourselves.

If I were to translate this material for someone who does not speak english, your acronym will not work. So how would you explain that to a spanish speaking person whose word for god is dios? Or for a croat speaking person whose word for god is bog using words in their own language?

Differently. English seems to be the language of choice on this site though as far as I can see. Many blessings

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Once upon a time, there was a ancient tribe.
All they could do was survive in their forest.
They knew nothing of the world.
They talked funny with sounds like "Na".
They were discovered by you in search of a college study.
This was very overwhelming to hear sounds of English for the first time.

They crapped in a hole that was dug and coverd it with their foot.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Erad3]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Saul are you a follower of the Catholic faith?
2nd line.....

No, I do not follow a religion. Many Blessings

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join