It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE The People Are To Blame For The Status Quo. Time To Take Responsibility.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

As of late I have noticed a rise in the " We aren't in power, the PTB are enslaving us, boo hoo etc.." rhetoric. I would just like to address the issue and state very clearly:

It's OUR fault, collectively, as citizens of a "free" nation, that things have gotten this bad. It's our fault for allowing it to get to this point and it's our fault for allowing it to continue on a daily basis.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that it was all some other dude with smoke and mirrors who made your world fall apart. It was the people who were alive then and who are alive now that have the power and ALWAYS have.

The illusion of not having power is exactly what those who pull our leeches want us to believe.

It's time that we all start taking responsibility for a world that we may not have personally created, but one that we empower. It's far too easy to blame our hardships on some nefarious and hard to identify entity such as the NWO or Illuminaty.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

[edit on 7/10/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Your right, its our faults collectively.

But on the other hand, we were also manipulated by the PTB for about 100 years now. its our faults collectively, but we had help tripping ourselves.

If we could only fix our own mess we wouldn't be grunting.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

All the more reason to be upset today.

It's time for the alternative thinking community to start speaking up and getting their ideas accross.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It is our fault. We need to grow up.

But, after 2000+ years of manipulation, is it possible for the masses to be pulled from their complacency??
Too many people are very attached to their fears, egos and insecurities. Because of the chemical processes involved, it is an addiction as well as complacency.

What to do?.... We Create The Love.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
It is our fault. We need to grow up.

But, after 2000+ years of manipulation, is it possible for the masses to be pulled from their complacency??
Too many people are very attached to their fears, egos and insecurities. Because of the chemical processes involved, it is an addiction as well as complacency.

What to do?.... We Create The Love.

This is fundemental problem is it not?

Trying to figure out HOW to make people take responsibility. I don't have the answer unfortunetly.

However, I do know that the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. If we can make people understand that there is a problem, with the world, and that it is BECAUSE of the complacency that this problem exists, then we can move towards fixing it.

Every movement started with awareness..

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
People are sometime fond of having a big "personal responsibility" party, but they tend to be riddled with excuses, so I just have a few points.

- The larger the human institution, the more corrupt it becomes. Humans are very good at corrupting the complexity and/or power.

- It's been known for centuries that men in power will mostly do things counter to the good of their people and rarely do things for their benefit. It takes a very unique set of people to seize power away from a previous tyranny and then let it return to the people.

- The TV has never been known as a medium to convey information, and that is well known. Even having 24 hour news (on multiple channels) has not increased knowledge of government, policy, etc.

I'd suggest it has narrowed the conversation, BUT it's entertaining so we tolerate it.

- America has created a terrible culture of saying it's somehow rude to discuss religion or politics. This is wrong.

- The average voter knows little of the candidates, government, policy, history, or anything else that might grant even a reasonable decision.

This has not changed in American history, as it's always been this way.

- Real change only comes from need, as suffering is tolerated as long as suffering is tolerable.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Those are fantastic points friend. Thanks for your response.

I agree, that suffering continues as long ast he suffering is tolerable, but I don't think it is anymore.

They've angered the middle class this time, the life blood of the fiat economic system.

We can all feel something coming. I just hope it's peacefull and fruitful.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
People will wake up in the west just as soon as the credit stops flowing and they are push out the comfort zone.

Work hard and going backwards will concentrate the minds.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

As of late I have noticed a rise in the " We aren't in power, the PTB are enslaving us, boo hoo etc.." rhetoric.
I would just like to address the issue and state very clearly: It's OUR fault, collectively, as citizens of a "free" nation, that things have gotten this bad. It's our fault for allowing it to get to this point and it's our fault for allowing it to continue on a daily basis.

First of all, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. And our current system prevents many from attaining anything besides a very basic understanding of our world and purposely limiting their scope.

This lack of knowledge is the root cause of the problem.

This is purposely done to maintain control of the masses through Diversionary tactics.

DIVERSION, THE PRIMARY STRATEGY
Experience has proven that the SIMPLEST METHOD of securing a
and gaining control of the public is to

KEEP THE PUBLIC UNDISCIPLINED AND IGNORANT of basic systems principles on the one hand, WHILE KEEPING THEM CONFUSED, DISORGANIZED, AND
DISTRACTED with matters of no real importance on the other hand.

This is achieved by:
(1) disengaging their minds; sabotaging their mental activities; providing
a low-quality program of public education in mathematics, logic, systems
design and economics; and discouraging technical creativity.

(2) engaging their emotions, increasing their self-indulgence and their indulgence in emotional and physical activities, by:

(a) unrelenting emotional confrontations and attacks (mental and emotional
rape) by way of a constant barrage of sex, violence, and wars in the
media — especially the T.V. and the newspapers.

(b) giving them what they desire — in excess — "junk food for
thought" — and depriving them of what they really need.

(3) REWRITING HISTORY and LAW and SUBJECTING THE PUBLIC TO
THE DEVIANT CREATION, thus being able to SHIFT THEIR THINKING
from personal needs to highly fabricated outside priorities.

These preclude their interest in and discovery of the silent weapons of
social automation technology.

The general rule is that there is profit in confusion; the more confusion,
the more profit. Therefore, the best approach is to create problems and
then offer the solutions.

DIVERSION SUMMARY

Media: Keep the adult public attention diverted away from the real
social issues, and captivated by matters of no real importance.

Schools: Keep the young public ignorant of real mathematics, real
economics, real law, and REAL HISTORY.

Entertainment: Keep the public entertainment below a sixth-grade
level.

Work: Keep the public busy, busy, busy, with no time to think; back on
the farm with the other animals.

In conclusion:

This is why I have always recommended that people begin to read vs watching YouTube videos. Reading is long term absorption of knowledge, via repetition. Whereas in contrast, watching videos, is in actuality only a short term audio visual stimulation and titillation for the duration of the video.
Which is what we have all been conditioned to gravitate towards as a result of the power of Television.

The only way in which for things to change is for ourselves to begin to change and that is by gaining knowledge and understanding of the system of control that we are all subject and sub servant to.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

i gues somebody lives in the bush,newborn babies there all guilty to ?

if i take a gun and shoot somebody im guilty am i not??

would be kinda lame to blame it on u or the rest of the world lmao

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

your just making excuses, you should know better!

its not perfect, but there's enough to get an idea of things!!

information is out there, you just have to put the effort in!!

it is our fault for reacting to everything and not pro-reacting to the catalyst!!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7

i gues somebody lives in the bush,newborn babies there all guilty to ?

if i take a gun and shoot somebody im guilty am i not??

would be kinda lame to blame it on u or the rest of the world lmao

What a lame response.

I don't live in the bush thank you very much and deflecting your blame onto me doesn't help the situation either.

I'm not even going to address your moronic statement about babies.

It's generally people like you who continue the status quo.

~Keeper

[edit on 7/10/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Awesome thread, as are most of yours.
I agree and have stated this for years now.

WE let it happen.
Now it's up to US to fix it.

How?
Simple. Kill the TV. Kill the MSM.
WE the people have to unify in thoughts and actions.
Take over the big business of manipulation in every aspect.
One company at a time.

But, do I think this will ever happen?
No.
Why? Because we have become accustom to the luxuries of electricity, plastic, and oil.
In a broader sense.
We have spoiled ourselves to lazy apathy.

If we, the people, would give up the things we don't 'need'....we could start anew.

Great thread...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Forget about blame, guilt & other ancillary BS.

If you are not reasonably satisfied with things then it makes sense for you to at least attempt to make changes. If you try you will probably learn, what may work & what doesn't seem to.

If you find there are other people with very similar desires you will probably have much more success by organizing & strategizing.

Do keep your antenna up for instigator infiltrators.
You might want to have a written code of conduct or not, depending.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The status quo came about from the MSM and an unreasonable expectation of political correctness. There is much wrong in this country now that can't/won't be addressed for fear of offending someone or even worse *gasp* being labeled something.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I've been fighting this battle since the mid sixties.

It took me lots of tears and much frustration before I finally realized I can not do much alone.

It is my opinion that our battle will not be won by love unless God Himself takes control.

It is going to take blood and guts to right the wrongs that we have allowed our government to do to us and our people.

There will be no change without courage, dedication and the shedding of blood. But the time is not yet right for the change we can and I believe we will make.

Tree huggers and catch and release folks are not going to make a difference.

It will soon be time for all good men and women to come to the aid of our country.

It is time to get mentally, physically and spiritually prepared to take back what is ours.

top topics

join