It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Charity, Please Donate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Think about it!!

We give Charity to so many causes nowadays so why not donate to the Government?

The Gov.charity should be publicly owned and the money should not be used by any of the parties or for any of the parties polices and campaigns, but only to pay the national debt.

Lets say a one off four year campaign.

I know that most reactions will be negative about this suggestion, it doesn't help to go over what a mess we're in, the point is to find a solution to help Schools and front line services.

I'm sure people would donate and at the end of four years who know what a difference it could make?

Concerts< opera's, Sports, festivals, TV, are all oppertunities for the Gov Charity,
it should be pay back time for all the celebs and stars to perform in re-building our countys, it would give a good cause to wannabe philanthropists and a avenue for the rich to morally go down.

Instead of the destructive measures of austerity we could create a new culture of prosperity by useing the power of the People, Art and Music.

Just imagine the thought: led Zepplin play Wembly and all the proceeds go towards our black hole and then times this by 200, 300 maybe even a 1000 concerts by different artists

Every mainstream artist can release a new record and donate to their Gov.charity,
if every mainstream artist donated a week of their time for their Gov.charity the amounts raised would be very significant I would say.

Anything is possible we just need the passion and the people to get together and we can shape our own future instead of constantly picking up the peices of selfish politicians who constantly srew up normal peoples lives..

The future could be an era of prosperity instead the era of austerity.
We can stop the way the rulers of the world want us to live.. in debt!!!

all the best...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
yea but make only the rich/celebritys contribute.
and let us "normal" people watch,that would be great

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
If only you could get several million people to fund a new government. Hmm.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
There already is a government charity fund. It's called the IRS, here in the U.S. And everyone is free to give more than what is required of them when they file their income tax return each year.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
There already is a government charity fund. It's called the IRS, here in the U.S. And everyone is free to give more than what is required of them when they file their income tax return each year.

you are missing my point...

You would go to a festival, concert or buy some music surly?
we are taxing the time of those who can make a difference and we get the return by seeing the artist, going to a festival, buying a record, taking part in a whole matter of ways.

But obviously everything in this case is optional not mandatory.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The IRS is a corporation designed to monitor your de facto government's bankruptcy. Nothing more.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
we do donate... Its called tax.

I will donate my middle finger to them though..... Hope that helps

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by seventytwo

Are you sick???

Do we all not give more than enough already???

Why doesn't the WH cut all their BS expenses,wages and aid to countries that don't need it????

Then we wouldn't need taxs at all..

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There isnt anything stopping you from donating to the gov. Give them all you want.

Personally I find it difficult to conjure up charitable sentiments when they have a gun to my head and a hand in my wallet already.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Absolute fail idea.
I salute you for caring enough to think of a way to help, but these types need no help as they have already helped themselves to our taxes, pensions and futures in general.
The only donations I would accept would be heads of our masters, that would be still not be enough to compenstae however.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Many of the world charities are run for nefarious purposes by U.N. connected organizations. They want to make sure that your donations never get to those people so they can screw them into taking IMF loans.

Americans donated millions to the RED CROSS for earthquake relief. None of the money was ever use for that purpose.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Sure, why not? If it's voluntary, I don't see how anybody could possibly complain.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
OK now i am in Complete SHOCK i had thought i had heard of everything.

would i actually trust any goverment to do the right thing with donated monies.

look what they do with the money they just take from people in the form of tax.

they waste money on a colossal scale and someone out there actually thinks it might be a good idea to give out more money via donation.

hmmmm maybe we should donate to the banks since they use our savings to put us into a global crisis.

maybe we should donate to the DOD so they too can go out and kill more people on our behalf.

maybe we should just give all our money to the Wto then they could buy up countries and save time in taking over the world.

you know that the same goverments you want to donate too bailed out the banks and then the banks went on a repossesion rampage and threw many many hard working individuals out of the very homes that they worked so hard to pay for.

rather than saying you know it might be a good idea to give people longer terms or give them breaks and when things got better we could then start to keep them in their homes.

oh well.....i think i will go out today and empty my accounts and go give the money to my local politician...

there i feel so much better....it is so nice living on the streets.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
OK now i am in Complete SHOCK i had thought i had heard of everything.

would i actually trust any goverment to do the right thing with donated monies.

look what they do with the money they just take from people in the form of tax.

they waste money on a colossal scale and someone out there actually thinks it might be a good idea to give out more money via donation.

hmmmm maybe we should donate to the banks since they use our savings to put us into a global crisis.

maybe we should donate to the DOD so they too can go out and kill more people on our behalf.

maybe we should just give all our money to the Wto then they could buy up countries and save time in taking over the world.

you know that the same goverments you want to donate too bailed out the banks and then the banks went on a repossesion rampage and threw many many hard working individuals out of the very homes that they worked so hard to pay for.

rather than saying you know it might be a good idea to give people longer terms or give them breaks and when things got better we could then start to keep them in their homes.

oh well.....i think i will go out today and empty my accounts and go give the money to my local politician...

there i feel so much better....it is so nice living on the streets.

If you don't like it, all you would have to do is not donate.

Now isn't that simple?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Help a government that is hellbent on screwing me over as much as they can?

No Thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Help a government that is hellbent on screwing me over as much as they can?

No Thanks.

Don't then. If they really want your share they can always just increase your taxes anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LeftWingLarry

Where was I when they werent already taxing the hell out of us?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by LeftWingLarry

Where was I when they werent already taxing the hell out of us?

Depends what country you're in, really.

Edit: If you're in the USA, your taxes are nothing compared to much of the rest of the developed world (specifically Western Europe).

[edit on 26-7-2010 by LeftWingLarry]

top topics

join