It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eilat: the Sorcerer's Stone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
"On 23 June 2010, Ted Turner, the Founder and Chairman of the United nations Foundation was named as advocate for the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon."

www.unfoundation.org/press-on-private-support-for-mdgs.html

What I would like to discuss is the imagery in the banner/header at the link above. If someone knows how to embed this image I would certainly appreciate it.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a beautiful animal; looks good but not attractive: the goals or the animal used to achieve them.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The banner on the un page linked above, shows a replica of the earth in the symbol of a flattened, polished stone.

Hopefully this image link will come through:

The image of this stone in the banner/logo is very reminiscent of the Eilat stone.

The Eilat stone is only found in King Solomon's copper mines on the Red Sea. It is an opague green mineral composed of azurite, malachite, turquoise, and chrysocolla. It is a very hard copper based stone.

Here is an image of the Eilat stone to use as a comparison to the "earth stone" image above.

Does anyone else see a great similarity in these images? Is there a hidden message here?

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

This one?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
The banner on the un page linked above, shows a replica of the earth in the symbol of a flattened, polished stone.
IMHO, you're misinterpreting that. I see it as the earth in a drop of water on the leaf...not a stone at all. Particularly, look at the edges where the distortions caused by the refraction in the water are evident.

[edit on 7/10/2010 by JoshNorton]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
reply to post by Alethea

This one?

Thank you for finding that and for posting the image. I really appreciate your help and thoughtfulness.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
IMHO, you're misinterpreting that. I see it as the earth in a drop of water on the leaf...not a stone at all. Particularly, look at the edges where the distortions caused by the refraction in the water are evident.

[edit on 7/10/2010 by JoshNorton]

you know its funny, when I saw that I was ready to jump the conclusion that it was the eye of a reptilian, i didn't initially see a leaf. my son who is 5 yrs old was sitting next to me and saw the pic and he said "Daddy what is that, a leaf?"

Then it became clear.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Forgive my impetuousness, but what is the point?
What is the correlation that you are trying to make between the philosopher's stone and T.T. & MGD's and the UN?
Is there some significance, if this does indeed subliminally depict a P.S.?

Is the image as a whole representative of some sort of involvement with something else?

Please elaborate?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Art is subjective, so I do not consider it a "misinterpretation". People see different things in an image; it does not necessarily mean that what I perceive in the message is incorrect---it's just different from your viewpoint. Art is often layered with intrigue.

As for the stone appearing to be a drop of water on a leaf, that is what is perceived on a visual level rather than an intuitive level. It is the treatment of the stone which gives it this illusion.

The eilat stones are usually cut as cabochons or tumbled and polished as opposed to being cut and faceted like gem stones. After being tumbled and polished they are incorporated into a freeform style.

In the image below, it is more apparent that the original form of the stone is enhanced by tumbling and polishing.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It's the earth as a drop of water on a leaf, lol..

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
Forgive my impetuousness, but what is the point?
What is the correlation that you are trying to make between the philosopher's stone and T.T. & MGD's and the UN?
Is there some significance, if this does indeed subliminally depict a P.S.?

Is the image as a whole representative of some sort of involvement with something else?

Please elaborate?

In his day, Solomon created a one world empire. Now, from the remnants of Solomon's empire, a vast network has laid in place the framework for a new one world empire.

I believe that's why some of these same symbols are cropping up.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reptilian eye

no really ...

eilat ... curious

new topics

top topics

join