It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do i delete old posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
orrite??

i was just wondering is it possible to delete a post that that i have made a long time ago on a thread? If so, how?

thanks

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well,
I am sure if the post made could be proved by yourself to cause harm in some way tou yourself or another approaching an MOD or the three amigos, may result in their post by post review (not all posts just those you are concerned of) of what you constitute, and how you could prove risk to yourself or others. Though this would be down to them to decide.

However as per the terms and conditions when you post something, it is here for the entirety of cyberspace, unless in extreme and provavable cases as I mention or others that the Amigos/Owners deem innapropiate etc, so think before you press the button!

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
you can simply go into the former post and edit/snip the content out.

The question is why...ATS is a noisy archive of information, both good and crap...having that embarassing or ignorant post from way back is normal for almost everyone...its actually a good gauge to see how far along we have come in our thinking...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
you can simply go into the former post and edit/snip the content out.

The question is why...ATS is a noisy archive of information, both good and crap...having that embarassing or ignorant post from way back is normal for almost everyone...its actually a good gauge to see how far along we have come in our thinking...

Actually after 24 hours you can no longer edit your posts.

Mosty if you want something removed you can ask a mod or a super mod to look it over and they will decide whether the content is worth it to other members.

If not they they will remove your posts, or whatever you want removed.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
going back through all of OP's older posts to see the juicy stuff!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
You have about an hour to edit a post (faux pas?
) you made. After that it's probably be there "for ever"...

If a certain post or thread is really bugging you then you can request that the post/thread be removed via the suggestions/complaints feature in your member tools. The request will then be reviewed by the staff before a final decision is made. BUT I can warn in advance that threads are rarely removed - especially if there were lots of replies and/or if it was a good or relevant discussion/topic.

Also keep the terms and conditions in mind:

3) Content Copyright: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyright privileges to the material you post and you grant The Owners non-exclusive, non-revocable rights to publish your posts in perpetuity in all forms. The Above Network, LLC has the authority to decide to display your postings or not, and modify your posts to remove offensive material, modify your post title to accurately reflect content, remove vulgar comments, remove insults or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, at our discretion.

Thus if you request a post/thread removal it's always a good idea to give a reasonable motivation as to why you'd like it be removed.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I had his problem once....It is as the moderators says it is.

Ask a moderator to remove it for you if editing your post is too late..

If that doesn't work ask the moderator if he is willing to take a bribe...

And if that doesn't work you should realise your post wasn't that bad or embarasing and that there must be something of value in it.....at least for other people.......that is.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It isn't necessarily going to be very easy for other people to stumble across your old, embarassing, posts- perhaps you can take consolation from that thought.
They will disappear fairly quickly even from your profile if you post often enough.
Unless you started the thread yourself.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If you are angry, drunk, drugged, manic, depressed, euphoric, ecstatic or just mildly discombobulated - you might want to get your cat, dog or pet sledgehammer to see if she/he/it finds your ramblings suitable for public viewing. Elvis, UFO's and Bigfoot are still reasonalby acceptable subjects for dissertation as well.

Even at the extremes, your ranting is likely to be more sane and suitable than the most heartfelt, thought out and deeply pointed views of political extremists (like republicans or democrats), religious extremists (both believers and nonbelievers of virtually any group) and anything that has anything to do with the screaming hypocricy of Hollywood media, big business, the misuse of the military or anything reality tv.

Not that I have a problem with these things, it's just that UFO, Bigfoot and Elvis believers all seem to be more logical than the rest of the bunch.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The OP raises a good point, why the hell aren't we allowed to delete our old posts? Why is it only the mods that have the power over whether a post lives or dies? They are power mad!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'm sure I read quite recently that you can ask to have your whole ATS history removed, (if you have a good reason for it), perhaps if you wanted the materials for something like a book or whatever.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by icouldeataknobatnight
The OP raises a good point, why the hell aren't we allowed to delete our old posts? Why is it only the mods that have the power over whether a post lives or dies? They are power mad!!!

because it's NOT your forum.
you only participate in this forum, so you abide by THEIR rules.

quite simple really.

and if the OP has a valid reason why a certain post should be removed, i'm sure the mods will understand.

top topics

join