It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration's 'Silent Raids' Lead to Firings, Not Deportations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Administration's 'Silent Raids' Lead to Firings, Not Deportations

www.foxnews.com

Published July 10, 2010 | FoxNews.com

The Obama administration’s new approach to dealing with companies that hire illegal immigrants results in firings, not deportations, the New York Times reported Friday.

Instead of immigration sweeps at factories and farms which used to lead to illegal workers being shipped out of the country, the administration’s new policy—government conducted audits labeled “silent raids” by employers—usually only result in the workers losing their jobs, the Times said.

The Times article comes just over a week after the president delivered his highly
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
What's the point in raiding a place of business to search their records for immigration compliance, only to have the illegal immigrants fired then allow them to remain in the country illegally?

It is obvious this administration has one thing on it's mind, amnesty and the blatant hypocrisy that is associated with arrogance. They don't care the least bit about enforcing the laws we already have on the books. All they care about is pushing their agenda. Then most of us here already knew what this was about anyway.

Where can we file a complaint regarding dereliction of duty?

www.foxnews.com

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

I know the US loves its constitution all day and all night, with edible body paint and fancy undies to boot, but I think you might be under a flase impression.
The government makes the rules that they follow, no matter what that ancient document might say. You have a choice. Let em do it, or fight them.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Im just gonna plop this down right here... Caution has a mild swear word..
Immigration Ruins Lives

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well, if you're looking away from one law, it makes perfect sense that you'd look away from another. A disturbing trend. This is the third time I've mentioned this, but the states need to sue the federal government for 1.) breach of contract in protecting the borders and ports and 2.) the illegal collection of money that they cannot trace the source of, which is almost definitely fall under the RICO act.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Was just reading about this. The Fed's only do what their Leader tells them to do. Who is their leader?

This POTUS and the administration need to be brought down piece by piece. Starting this November.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

My sentiments exactly

For some reason this administration is doing out in the open what other administrations would at least try to conceal. Talk about arrogance. I would love to see not one single Washington incumbent receive any votes this November. Yes, I know that's a fantasy, but it would be an awesome signal to tptb their time is up.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'd love to see that as well. This doesn't even feel like America anymore.

When your government isn't looking out for your best interest it's time for them to go. I am sick to death of seeing illegals take jobs while milions of citizens are unemployed. I am sick to death of seeing citizens struggling to survive while illegals are getting freebies. I am sick to death of open borders and allowing just anyone to come through including murderes, pedophiles, thieves, gang memers, drug cartels etc. The U.S.A. has had enough!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60

What's the point in raiding a place of business to search their records for immigration compliance, only to have the illegal immigrants fired then allow them to remain in the country illegally?

It is obvious this administration has one thing on it's mind, amnesty and the blatant hypocrisy that is associated with arrogance. They don't care the least bit about enforcing the laws we already have on the books. All they care about is pushing their agenda. Then most of us here already knew what this was about anyway.

Where can we file a complaint regarding dereliction of duty?

www.foxnews.com

Dereliction of duty complains SHOULD be made to the military. They're the only ones sworn to protect the nation in this regard. Somehow they've gone impotent on this matter.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by mordant1]

new topics

top topics

join