It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corexit Allows Oil To Penetrate Into The Cells & Every Organ System In The Body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
So apparently Corexit and Oil aren't as bad by themselves, in terms of potential health hazard to humans. However when mixed together it is a lethal combination.

Doctor explains how Corexit allows oil to penetrate every organ system in the human body.

Gulf toxicologist: Shrimpers exposed to Corexit “bleeding from the rectum”; Dispersant “ruptures red blood cells, causes internal bleeding”

Horrible situation... made far worse.

[edit on (7/10/10) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
COREXIT

Corexit was used during the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill disaster in Alaska. In 2010, Corexit EC9500A and Corexit EC9527A are being used in unprecedentedly large quantities in the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.[5][6] The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) had pre-approved both forms of Corexit for uses in emergencies such as the Gulf oil spill.[7]

On May 19, 2010 the EPA gave BP 24 hours to choose less toxic alternatives to Corexit, selected from the list of EPA-approved dispersants on the National Contingency Plan Product Schedule, and begin applying them within 72 hours of EPA approval of their choices, but BP refused to change from Corexit, citing safety and availability concerns with alternatives. Sea Brat 4, the only effective alternative that is available in quantities large enough for the spill and is less toxic, was rejected by BP because of the risk that components would break down into nonylphenol, which persists in the environment and is toxic to marine life.

BP had used Corexit EC9500A and Corexit EC9527A by late May, applying 800,000 US gallons (3,000,000 l) total, but more accurate estimates run as high as 1,000,000 US gallons (3,800,000 l) underwater. By late April 2010, Nalco, the maker of Corexit, says that it has been deploying only Corexit 9500.

Corexit 9527: The proprietary composition is not public, but the manufacturer's own safety data sheet on Corexit EC9527A says the main components are 2-butoxyethanol and a proprietary organic sulfonate with a small concentration of propylene glycol.

Corexit 9500: In response to public pressure, the EPA and Nalco released the list of the six ingredients in Corexit 9500, revealing constituents including sorbitan, butanedioic acid, and petroleum distillates. Corexit EC9500A is mainly comprised of hydrotreated light petroleum distillates, propylene glycol and a proprietary organic sulfonate. Environmentalists also pressured Nalco to reveal to the public what concentrations of each chemical are in the product; Nalco considers that information to be a trade secret, but has shared it with the EPA. Propylene glycol is a chemical commonly used as a solvent or moisturizer in pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, and is of relatively low toxicity. An organic sulfonate (or organic sulfonic acid salt) is a synthetic chemical detergent, that acts as a surfactant to emulsify oil and allow its dispersion into water. The identity of the sulfonate used in both forms of Corexit was disclosed to the EPA in June 2010, as dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I was looking into this tonight as I had a dream last sept. which sounds similar to the symptoms of the toxic cocktail mentioned above.

If this begins to travel on the winds, we are in very big trouble and it would explain why all the Military readiness.

Its almost tooo much, but when everyone celebrates the 'cap' and yet neglects the real problem, what to do?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

What to do?

What I would do is be prepared to get the heck out of dodge before it's too late. At least get a hold of a gas mask, although by the time the effects set in it might be too late anyway.

I know everyone can't manage to leave their way of life and start off fresh somewhere else, but if you can you should probably make plans for the worst.

And no I'm not fear-mongering, just employing a lesson learned in boy-scouts. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
[edit on 17-7-2010 by ImYourHuckleberry]

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Mission Accomplished? Gulf Oil Spill Still Fouling Louisiana Marshes

8 months on. Still the oil ravages the coastlines and ecosystems.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Thats exactly why they used Corexit instead of this alternative. Please read as it proves that this was deliberately made worse!!!
Sea Brat is the alternative
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.alabastercorp.com...

I know i sound crazy but i aint
Oil Spill Remedy that BP Is Trying to Deny my.firedoglake.com...

You must read it its important......all of the aditional damage was avoidable. Please checkout my thread above or atleast add this topic to this discussion.

Recently a toxicologist/ chemist tested my Petro Clean product for the Gulf Spill. He took a slop tank full of water, added minnows and then the crude oil. The fish were killing off… then he hit it with Petro Clean with microbes, enzymes and the kill stopped and the fish began to recover. Testing will be public soon! EPA is doing more test currently to verify these findings (this week) in order to counter BP’s assessment.

BP relaize my product rocked. Beyond anything Nalco could come up with without stealing my formula. So they tried to cover it up. Because BP MUST buy Corexit only. Not just is there some connections between BP and Nalco (Corexit) but also Exxon. This is the "wizard behind the screen." Exxon invented Coexit in various forms. Exxon (so I understand still supplies the main raw materials to make the toxic dispersant.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Makes sense to me. After all, Corexit is pretty much a solvent. It breaks the oil down into smaller and smaller globules but it's still oil. I would imagine that the process goes on and on as seawater brings oil and Corexit together in an ever changing ever moving mixture. If there's a point where oil becomes small enough to penetrate a cells structure the mixture going on in the ocean will likely produce it.

Put chemical A and chemical B in a container with water then stir.

The ocean will keep stirring forever.

Corexit and oil will disperse throughout the water until they are taken out of the system somehow. They have to settle out, be absorbed somehow or evaporate. That's the only ways I can think of to remove them from the water. In order for an ocean worth of water to settle out something I imagine it would take a very long time. Absorption into porous rock might occur but doesn't seem likely. As for evaporation, I really don't think it's good for it to move from the water into the air where it can spread over the land as rainwater washes it out of the sky.

I guess there is another way for something to be removed from the system. If it were chemically bound to something it might make it more likely to settle out and less likely to interact with animals and plants.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Examiner: Shocking human poison levels in latest Gulf tests

While Dr. Soto and Wilma Subra of Subra Company are finding shocking levels of poisons in each individual they test, Gregg Hall, who tested with VOC levels "off the chart" and lost feeling in his feet, recovered those feelings only one month after leaving the Gulf Coast. As long as the masses continue to breathe the gulf air, drink the water and eat the food there, their health will continue to deteriorate.

Dr. Soto's and Mr. Jeff Rense's statements made during the Rense Radio Network interview that became the most popular and life-saving radio program about the Gulf operation, were reiterated in an Al Jazeera report on January 5: "It's criminal for the government to tell people to eat the contaminated seafood, and that it's alright for people go to our toxic beaches and swim in the contaminated water.

COREXIT - Shocking Human POISON levels in LATEST gulf tests

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Thats exactly why they used Corexit instead of this alternative. Please read as it proves that this was deliberately made worse!!!
Sea Brat is the alternative

www.alabastercorp.com...

I know i sound crazy but i aint
Oil Spill Remedy that BP Is Trying to Deny my.firedoglake.com...

You must read it its important......all of the aditional damage was avoidable. Please checkout my thread above or atleast add this topic to this discussion.

Recently a toxicologist/ chemist tested my Petro Clean product for the Gulf Spill. He took a slop tank full of water, added minnows and then the crude oil. The fish were killing off… then he hit it with Petro Clean with microbes, enzymes and the kill stopped and the fish began to recover. Testing will be public soon! EPA is doing more test currently to verify these findings (this week) in order to counter BP’s assessment.

BP relaize my product rocked. Beyond anything Nalco could come up with without stealing my formula. So they tried to cover it up. Because BP MUST buy Corexit only. Not just is there some connections between BP and Nalco (Corexit) but also Exxon. This is the "wizard behind the screen." Exxon invented Coexit in various forms. Exxon (so I understand still supplies the main raw materials to make the toxic dispersant.

needed to bump your thread. Its important. You are missing another connection.
The answer is above. You will find it you look hard enough connections to Iridium.

assure me you will read all links within. S&F for thread. Its another piece to the puzzle, you just havent seen the full picture here.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
One year later, the clean up crews are dying

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This really made me cry.

Many of us warned them of what would happen to their health because of the oil and corexit. Lots of them just took the money and laughed at us.

I wish we would have been wrong about this whole thing... of course, you'll never see this woman or anyone like her on the MSM. Hell it took congress 9 years and John Stewart to pass a bill to help the 9/11 first responders who were sick and dying... which thousands died before they had any help.

You think congress or the MSM will talk about those workers when there's not even something ``as important`` as 9/11 connected to it?

top topics

join