It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threads over a year old?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I try to look for new things on ATS, and sometimes get bombarded by old threads that have hundreds of replies. Of course I want to participate, but not want to read hundreds of posts, so that I don't repeat posts. Am I missing something?

Is there a section to read threads that don't have hundreds of replies, or are in reference to someone who didn't skim through and get their point across, and possibly repeat another post?

Participating is a good thing, but finding the time to make a statement that matters is not. Not to be the party pooper for those who have good posts, but recently all of the posts have been so long ago, I don't really see the need. How could I say something different if 2000 people posted already, just seems like a waste.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Well if there are posts that allready have the subject that you wish to adress, and specificly cover your idea or subject. Then this should not be to any worries for you as your message is allready out there. Now if you have a new perseption of the matter then maybe it should have it´s own post.
Sometimes people tend to be a bit Ehhehm ,, "rude" when they tell you that there is allready a post regarding the matter in wich you speak of, but do not take it personally as those persons only reflect upon a small percentage of the persons who attend this site. Most of us are only trying to help you by directing you in the direction of the issue and maybe that thread will ansver your question as it might have been coverd in extent.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Spacedman13]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
good point op.
my suggestion is to put up a feature like an additional "thread-search".
with the "search-this-thread" tool you cold search each thread for key-words.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I agree, what I am saying is that if there is some different (and I think there is) information than it should be presented. I have posted threads here that have been repeated within 24 hours, and I don't discourage them because others may not have seen it.

I was referring to the difference between hundreds or even thousands of post that may have a good thread but the new information may be different due to the time.

Sometimes our opinions may be different, but people have similar responses due to not wanting to read all the posts, if you read something that is pertinent to what you wanted to say, and then reading the 250th post and they said it, well then your input becomes irrelevant.
It just seems like a waste.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'm thinking that ATS is getting bigger than they think it is.. YEAH!!!

But seriously, these types of things are a turn off. I know that new post are written within minutes or hours. I cant see 2009 threads and see how they are relevant to today, obviously things have changed.

Peace to you...

top topics

join