It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans did not evolve from monkeys! - Clearing up a misconception

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cLOUDDEAD

No one knows the answer to that question. If one did they would be the smartest person in the world!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cLOUDDEAD
Question:

Why is it that humans are significantly more advanced than modern apes if we share the same ancestor? Just wondering.

That one's easy. Our opposable thumbs. Our hands developed much differently than those of our ape/monkey cousins, allowing us to be able to do things with our hands that the others cannot. Out of that development arose civilization.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thankyou to the OP.

I didn't even know people were so confused as to the meaning of evolution.

What do they think, that one thing turns into the other or something to that effect in some straight forward linear manner?

We're all too binary.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Perhaps this may be handy for some...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9b3e22b41eb.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

This is funny (and a little sad, if true):

...the "fact" that there are only 18,000 species of animals on the planet today, all kinds of fun stuff so...

Just for clarity, since I truncated your post a bit....you were pointing out the inane beliefs of some ATS members who, through postings, advocate that sort of view.

It definately shows a certain bias in some people's minds, and that they've been brainwashed as a result.

Certainly shows WHY it is sometimes so difficult to educate, when these sorts of misconceptions are so firmly entrenched in people's minds.

(Just for those who may be interested...in merely ONE category of life --- insects --- there are literally MILLIONS of species...distinct, separate species. To believe there are only ~18,000 TOTAL species on this planet?? Utterly absurd).

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I do not believe humans evolved from apes.

Given the current state of affairs, I would say
humans DEvolved from apes...

Only if you're talking about creationists.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yeah I specifically asked about insects. The most recent data I found said there were over 1 million named species and suspected 2 to 50 times as many un-named. So I asked where at least that 1 million named species fits into that 18,000 number and that was when I stopped getting a response.

It is one thing to believe but the lengths some will go to in order to believe some things is a little scary.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well I suppose....if you go far back enough we all developed from one cell organisms. Just take the lineage as far back of the big bang...and we are all formed from the same energy. We are all ONE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join