It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raoul Moat dies from gun shot wound after six-hour stand-off ends

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Forget it, i dont have time to point out every flaw in this.

I mean this with the utmost respect but I’m struggling to believe whether it’s because you can find them in all honesty.

In the mean time there has also been 5 wounded in a shooting at brixton, media coverage?

Well forgive me but don’t you think that limited media coverage on that could be down to the fact they just ended possibly one of the biggest man hunts in our history.

Oh and yes they are talking about it on sky news because I have just seen it so again all you can provide is wild speculation based on no facts at all.

ETA: Five People Shot In South London

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just seen on bbc news that the police admit to tasering him, you would have thought then that they could have disarmed him.

They also say that no policeman shot him but what if the sas or someone attached to the police shot him.

Something does not add up.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by keldas

More on the taser here.

Police have confirmed they shot Raoul Moat with a taser stun gun during last night's stand-off with Britain's most wanted man.

The six-hour stalemate on a riverbank in Rothbury eventually came to an end when the 37-year-old shot himself dead at 1.15am.

Temporary Chief Constable Sue Sim told a news conference: "Right up until that time police officers were striving to get Mr Moat to give himself up.

"During this time police officers discharged a taser, however that did not prevent his death."

She would not take questions after the news conference, but from the wording of her statement it can only be assumed Moat was hit with the taser before he shot himself.

There is also the possibility the taser was fired, but missed the gunman.

Sky's crime correspondent Martin Brunt said when you listen to the recording of the stand-off, you can hear a crying sound moments before the fatal shot rings out.

He said tasers give a fleeting feeling of intense pain, and usually elicit an involuntary wail from the victim, and this may be the sound of Moat being hit.

Firearms experts said it is possible that the high voltage shock may have caused him to flinch and pull the trigger.

Up until now, police would only say "no gunshots" were fired by officers. The matter will be investigated by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

Moat had been holding a sawn-off shotgun to his neck in the pouring rain, and a single gunshot rang out and echoed around the woodland.

Around half an hour later, ambulance staff were allowed onto the scene.

He was seen being wheeled on a trolley into Newcastle General Hospital with a sheet covering his head. Moat was confirmed dead at 2.20am.
(source)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It was inevitable from the moment he started running that either the Police would shoot him, or he would off himself, which is what happened.

Now he is dead, money doesn't have to be wasted providing for his every whim whilst he is in prison for 10 years or so, at which point he could have got out and done it again.

I think the reason there has been more media attention on this story than the Brixton shootings, and the man that was shot yesterday is partially because of the threats he made to Police and the public, but also because of the novelty of it,

I say that because how often are there situations like this? People are murdered regularly, but the suspects are usually apprehended with minimal fuss. It is very rare for one to go on the run in such a fashion, hence the increased coverage.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I dont watch the news much and i don't buy newspapers anymore. I catch brief snippets here and there online.

But have noticed that in just over a single month

There was the Cumbria incident with Derrick Bird

A Bank Siege in my own town of Ashford, Middlesex, where a guy with a gun held 15 people hostage for 3 hours, later to be found out it was imitation (luckilly) but no less traumatic for the poor souls being held captive.

And now this incident with Raoul Moat.

A sign of things to come perhaps?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Have any of you considered the possibility that the decision was made to taser Moat deliberately in order to "speed up the outcome", i.e., the police (or the policeman who fired the taser) knew that tasering him would make him pull the trigger of his shotgun as a automatic reflex to the intense pain he felt? This way they did not have to shot him dead without reason (a very untidy outcome that would have invited widespread criticism). If the inquiry now under way proves that the taser was fired before the gun was fired (the more plausible scenario because a policeman would not taser someone immediately after he had shot himself in the head), the policeman who fired the taser is going to have to come up with a convincing reason for firing it, otherwise he could be in trouble.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The only thing that I know for certain is that the gunshot that you hear in the clip is definetelty not from a shotgun. So unless Moat was carrying another firearm then he certainly wasn't the one that fired the shot.

Anyway, he won't be missed. He was a twisted individual who had tried to murder 3 people. Thankfully 2 have survived. My heart goes out to the family of the man that was murdered by Moat and also to his 2 other victims.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
The only thing that I know for certain is that the gunshot that you hear in the clip is definetelty not from a shotgun. So unless Moat was carrying another firearm then he certainly wasn't the one that fired the shot.

But there are TWO shots, one sounding different from the other. Either two separate policmen with different weapons shot him, a few seconds apart (this seems highly unlikely to me) or else the first shot is that of the taser and the second shot is that of Moat's shotgun.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Okay... this is a long post so apologies in advance

Hubby and I watched the Sky News footage until about 11pm last night, then when we got up this morning we were, I have to admit, a wee bit saddened to find that Moat had died.

Don't get me wrong; he was obviously violent and dangerous but I wonder how much of his actions were due to the steroids he was reported to have been taking; apparently they can cause paranoia and violent behavior.

That's not in any way condoning what he did; he was wrong to shoot those people. I just don't think he was the violent, dangerous, cop-hating man that the police and media have made him out to be. After all; with so many police officers combing the area, if he'd really wanted to kill loads of them, he would have had enough opportunity. But he didn't do any more shooting.

I think there are things that seem to not add up about this. First of all, on this morning's news there were lots of reports of "the police didn't fire any shots", "no police officers were injured" sort of reports - as if that was all that mattered, and it sounded like the police were trying to justify their actions already.

Now I heard that the ambulance was allowed to him only after 30 minutes after he shot himself? Why such a long delay? Clearly he was no longer a danger to anyone - so what was the reason for this?

I'm watching Sky News right now and they're saying that two officers fired tasers at him - and probably before he shot himself.

My question is this - why did not one but two officers feel the need to taser the guy? If he was still holding the gun to his head then he obviously hadn't suddenly become a threat (ie he hadn't just turned his gun on the police). So why taser him?

I don't know much about guns or tasers but if these things cause severe pain and shock, I very much doubt that after receiving such a shock, he would have been able to turn the gun to himself and shoot. So, I am of the opinion that he pulled the trigger as a involuntary spasm result of the tasering.

So, there's going to be an `independent` enquiry into the situation. Call me cynical, but I'm never particularly impressed with these sorts of enquiries. They'll just return a verdict that says something along the lines of "the police did everything by the book and they are innocent"

It seems like the police always stick together, and because Raoul Moat shot a policeman, I think at the end of the day, the police just wanted him dead because of that.

Edit to add: News is now reporting that he "decided to shoot himself" - if the taser made him involuntarily pull the trigger, then that's hardly the same as him making a decision to kill himself.
This is kinda making me angry now.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tappy

Edit to add: News is now reporting that he "decided to shoot himself" - if the taser made him involuntarily pull the trigger, then that's hardly the same as him making a decision to kill himself.
This is kinda making me angry now.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by tappy]

On the other hand, just suppose you were a sibling of the person that Moat slaughtered?

I'd guess that would make you a bit tetchy just now?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Just like to point one thing out here,

6 Days? yet the photo where he`s sitting with shotgun at the storm drain does no one notice anything odd?
6 Days?
No beard or shadow? Kind of strange must be a true survivalist or had a helping hand?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join