It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raoul Moat dies from gun shot wound after six-hour stand-off ends

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Raoul Moat dies from gun shot wound after six-hour stand-off ends

www.telegraph.co.uk

Raoul Moat was being treated for a gunshot wound after a six-hour stand-off with police.

After a seven-day manhunt, Moat surfaced in Rothbury, Northumberland, at about 7.30pm following a series of reported sightings of him in the immediate area.

Shortly after 1am, after several hours of negotiations with police, there were reports of gunfire.

Peter Albiston, an eyewitness, said he heard two shots and thought he saw paramedics rushing towards Moat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com

[mod edit: fixed bbcode]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Police negotiate with fugitive gunman Raoul Moat in Rothbury.

So the armed siege between fugitive Raoul T. Moat aka 'The Rambo of Britain' (as I call it) ends, with a single, possibly self-inflicted gunshot.

Wow. All those police resources, even an RAF Tornado, being directed against one ex-prison inmate turned wannabe survivalist Rambo.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7882867/Raoul-Moat-dies-from-gun-shot-wound-after-six-hour-stand-off-ends.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/ url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Thank You..that noone else was hurt...
But Bless Him..what an ordeal he went through.
May He rest in peace.
I do not advocate Violence.

Peace..

Love and light all

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Strange.... 6 hours ago he was shot twice and had no life threatening wounds.... was in the hospital for treatment.

What happened ?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
Strange.... 6 hours ago he was shot twice and had no life threatening wounds.... was in the hospital for treatment.

What happened ?

Er, the report states that he died from a single gunshot wound, which therefore must have been life-threatening

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
RIP Moat.
More than meets the eye here.

One shot? Is that what you heard??? I think not

[edit on 10-7-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

One shot? Is that what you heard??? I think not

They played the audio last night live on sky news and there was ONLY 1 shot and then a serious of frantic shouting. (you can maybe make out a policeman shouting 'get the gun off him' as well)

I'll try and find it for you but there's no conspiracy here.

ETA: Here's the audio with some discussion of the gun shot...

Definitely only 1 shot which is then followed by some interference which is obviously where they grab the micophone to hear the situation better and then you hear the shouting which I can only assume would be from the police and not Raoul Moat himself.

Just my 2 cents on the situation but there was definitely only 1 shot.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Who would like to be the one that starts a new thread that gets to the bottom of the events that have unfolded? More to the point, getting the truth?
Im sure many of you are well aware in the flaws in this? timescales and discrepincies?

I will stand and say this now that the truth has not been shown, it all doesnt make sense.
None of it!!
RIP

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I will stand and say this now that the truth has not been shown, it all doesnt make sense. None of it!!

Do you care to at least share why none of it makes sense?
(I'm really not being sarcastic btw)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
More to the point, getting the truth?

I doubt you get the truth, i reckon mi5 where involved in this media blitz against this person. The gov where seriously involved over 1 person, seems like overkill to me, but who knows.

I wonder did cameron have any say in these things, and why did they bring in the army?

I doubt you will get any truths at all, and the media blitz seemed like it was all just to make the public hate this person who ever he was.

The thing about gazza was interesting.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

The car that was abandoned for instance? A local resident had said it had been there a day or so?
If that was the case then he cant be in 2 places at once?
check for yourself. The statement was the following day?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

so what about the shooting in Brixton? No massive man hunt or coverage yet???????

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

The car that was abandoned for instance? A local resident had said it had been there a day or so? If that was the case then he cant be in 2 places at once? check for yourself. The statement was the following day?

This should explain.....

12.22pm:

The black Lexus recovered by police today was spotted in Rothbury as long ago as Saturday, a local man has told my colleague Rob Booth.

An employee at the Home Bakery on the Rothbury industrial estate near to where Moat's Lexus was found told me police activity appears to be centred on a wooded area beside the industrial estate which is often used for illegal camping.

Again, he asked not to be named, but he said he saw the same Lexus over the weekend and was suspicious enough to take down its registration.

"The Lexus was seen this morning around here," he said. "I saw it on Saturday morning just 20 yards from where I am now. I saw two young men get out of it. I made a note of the registration number because I wondered if it was illegal camping. Neither of them were the man they are looking for."

He said that police have told the bakery staff to "lock your doors" and workers due to clock on shortly are not able to get in to begin their shifts.
"We are a bit concerned," he said. "My little boy is 11 and is up at the school about one mile away. I am concerned that they are keeping them inside."
He said he couldn't get through to find out because the phone was engaged.
(Source)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Why not write a thread about Raoul Moat? There's at least a dozen members who regard every SOB that gets killed by police to be a hero.

He might just 'RIP,' how about a couple of thoughts for the victims? Do you hope the dead partner gets to RIP? The policemen who had nothing to do with any of it got shot in the face. Ex-girlfriend shot?

Your priorities are screwed up.

You can write letters to Death Row. Maybe you should pick out a guy who's killed a few more people and send 'em some fanmail?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I can't help thinking there's more to this than's official. Every word issued from the police seems more contrived than usual. The police have come out of this looking even worse than they usuallly do, the photo on the OP I find concerning.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

This story does not add up. This true story will come out in the end mark my words. Remember that you only know what they let you know.
Did you see Moat at all over the last few days? definately? NO!!!
Not a single photo? apart from the one where he was lying on the floor wearing the jeans that had been hyped up to notice? Anyone could have been that person, anyone. I have not seen any factual footage that this was moat.
The whole story is BS, and this is my last post on this thread.
When the truth comes out remember what i said.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

The whole story is BS, and this is my last post on this thread.

Huh? I asked you to provide evidence for this story being BS earlier on and you failed to show any and now you’re saying it's BS and that's an end.

Man, if you want us to believe you then give us a reason to do so by showing some evidence to back up your claims instead of just wild speculation and that’s all it is right now.

I want to get to the bottom of this story as much as the next guy as yes, some things don’t add up exactly but all you have is wild speculation and you seem to be presenting it as fact which is not helping your cause in the slightest.

Just take a step back and look at it intelligently instead of just fishing for anything that can remotely fit.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Forget it, i dont have time to point out every flaw in this. I have a feeling that someone who tips up and nails threads will be all over this very soon. This is way more than what we have all been allowed to see and know.
In the mean time there has also been 5 wounded in a shooting at brixton, media coverage?
So ciao for now, see you all later.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hmmm so another mad man decides to kill himself right after the police try to 'negotiate' with him.. i do wonder what tptb here are trying to ban now?? they already have the guns, they have already gone for swords and daggers and hunting knifes here..whats left? not saying its a conspiracy, just stating that this situation (the suspect killing himself after the police try to talk to them, ie-michael ryan who helped get the gun ban here) seems to happen quite a lot in any country it happens in. cant help but find that a bit odd really.

Meanwhile, i am in fits of laughter of that wonderful candid shot of the gentlemen police officers LOL

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I've seen some reasonable posts by you over the months.

As more information comes out and the tape recording he left for the police gets some airplay, we'll see what he was. A weak-minded guy with a victim-complex and angry paranoia made worse by abusing steroids.

It's 99% probability that following the inquiry, some member will post a thread calling it a cover-up and making him out to be public hero. Right now, there could be a couple of members with pictures of Moat on their bedroom walls

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join